PDA

View Full Version : Gear stats

CantAimForShit
02-14-2017, 08:41 PM
Hi there !

So I want to know something about gear stats : Are they even working ?

I've upgraded my blade on my weapon, but I couldn't feel any changes.
Then I decided to go in a custom game let the AI to the lowest it could ever get, 1 hp. ( by 1 HP I mean 1 square ; most of the classes have 5 squares and the tankier ones got 6 )
It was with the lawbringer. And it seems like the Lawbringer can't kill someone (execution) after a guard break-side heavy attack while most of the classes can. Even with the blade maxed, I still couldn't finish my opponent ; there is no damage upgrade ! Not a single change

( Btw : I checked the custom game options to have gear stats enabled )

So, does anyone knows if upgrading weapons is any useful ?

It would also be nice if someone could explain me what "Defense" is supposed to be. I think that it might be HPs.

(Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my native language)

Osanger
02-14-2017, 10:58 PM
Hi there !

So I want to know something about gear stats : Are they even working ?

I've upgraded my blade on my weapon, but I couldn't feel any changes.
Then I decided to go in a custom game let the AI to the lowest it could ever get, 1 hp. ( by 1 HP I mean 1 square ; most of the classes have 5 squares and the tankier ones got 6 )
It was with the lawbringer. And it seems like the Lawbringer can't kill someone (execution) after a guard break-side heavy attack while most of the classes can. Even with the blade maxed, I still couldn't finish my opponent ; there is no damage upgrade ! Not a single change

( Btw : I checked the custom game options to have gear stats enabled )

So, does anyone knows if upgrading weapons is any useful ?

It would also be nice if someone could explain me what "Defense" is supposed to be. I think that it might be HPs.

(Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my native language)

What mode are you playing in? As gear and stats only apply to dominion mode, they have zero effect in the pure dueling maps as that would be unbalanced.

Assuming from when you practiced in custom mode it also does not allow the stats on gear to apply to properly simulate the damage during dueling, since thats pretty much what everyone uses it for.

Equip your old weapon then see how much it does in dominion to any of the bots then equip your new weapon and repeat to see if anything changes. If not then it could be a bug or its just not that much of an upgrade to make a significant difference.

Mazo83
02-15-2017, 12:27 AM
Novarias and I did a little test during open beta just to see what magnitude of effect gear stats might have.I wouldn't make generalizations from this, but it does look like your gear is not only cosmetic.

Setting: 2v2 custom match, damage numbers from 3 last hits (IIRC) pop up on screen if you decide to "show killer info" after you have wonderfully fallen in battle.

Case 1:
Default Warlord weapon single light vs. Default Peacekeeper - 15 damage
Default Warlord weapon single heavy vs. Default Peacekeeper - 35 damage

Case 2:
Level 7 (Attack) Warlord weapon single light vs. Default Peacekeeper - 17 damage
Level 7 (Attack) Warlord weapon single Heavy vs. Default Peacekeeper - 39 damage

CantAimForShit
02-15-2017, 02:12 AM
Alright Thanks for your answers, guys ! :)

So the buff is quite small, but it's still there ... with a level max weapon (purple/legendary stuff) we may need to hit maybe 7 or 8 times an enemy instead of 8 or 9 I guess ? It's really like super small tho, around 10% damage buff

Neviathan-
02-15-2017, 07:17 AM
My advice would be to wait with upgrading gear until you reach prestige one.

Just use the dropped gear to best suit your playstyle and dismantle the useless stuff.

Once you start getting high level rare gear with the desired stats you should be looking at upgrading because the difference is relative small.

CantAimForShit
02-15-2017, 02:13 PM
My advice would be to wait until prestige 3 (or 5 ?) because there you get legendary stuff (purple)

immortan_sine
02-15-2017, 02:42 PM
if they simply will show "number" instead of a "bar" , maybe gearing will make a little bit more sense