PDA

View Full Version : Combat seriously feels like ****..

Kav0rk4
02-14-2017, 04:10 PM
What happened Ubisoft?

What did you do to that amazing game I learned to love SO MUCH during both of the betas?

Guard breaks dont work half the time anymore now.. I can't punish people on parries anymore.. Why would I ever parry anymore instead of just blocking?

Fast attacking characters are overpowered as hell now.

Really don't understand the thought process on some of these changes.

Kav0rk4
02-14-2017, 04:23 PM
Also, I have to say, I've never experienced such horrible network problems in the beta before. People teleporting all over the place, attacks hitting and then missing by pulling back and so on.

Kav0rk4
02-14-2017, 06:57 PM
These posts were dont with me being under the affect of frustration.

I'm getting used to the changes, back to enjoying the game TBH :)

Stankyfoot
02-14-2017, 07:41 PM
Its because of ****tards calling for nerfs and buffs after a weeks worth of gameplay.

TsunamiEX
02-14-2017, 07:47 PM
Also, I have to say, I've never experienced such horrible network problems in the beta before. People teleporting all over the place, attacks hitting and then missing by pulling back and so on.

You sound like someone who would shoot up their school.

Droodlesaurus
02-14-2017, 08:19 PM
They messed with the entire combat system. Because so many people were complaining about the guard break, they changed it. Before it was on symbol (so right after the opponent pressed the button). Right now it's on hit. This screws over the entire combat system because it's not based on reflex anymore. You have almost triple the time than you have before. Guard breaks are the easiest thing to counter.

jaypham21
02-15-2017, 12:08 AM
People are saying it's harder now to GB and you're saying it's easier now. Which is it :[

CaptainPwnet
02-15-2017, 12:21 AM
People are saying it's harder now to GB and you're saying it's easier now. Which is it :[

It's more or less just as easy. The problem is now if you press the GB button to counter at any point after your opponent presses GB and before the counter window which seems to be as soon as they actually touch you, then you automatically fail the counter attempt. Completely stupid, you fail even if you were going for a GB yourself but your opponent happened to hit it just before you, your GB attempt turns into a failed GB counter and so you can no longer tech their GB. Honestly this is just so terrible.