PDA

View Full Version : What have you done to guard break? 0.o

lioncashx
02-14-2017, 02:08 PM
It feels completely broken and utterly impossible to do now 0.o you say do it at the "start" of the attack but it just doesn't do anything.... in OB it was easy to do but, you've changed something... I'm literally about to refund the game based on just this example... it's ridiculous, the mechanic just doesn't even work now.

Look it's really not just me... this mechanic feels completely broken, that's the only way to explain it, I'm trying and trying and trying and trying against the advanced bot and it just doesn't work. My mouse isn't broken..... it worked in OB and now it doesn't it's that simple. What the hell ubisoft, really.

To_Obi
02-14-2017, 02:11 PM
yeah just refund, bye

Blankhere
02-14-2017, 03:09 PM
Try to click your guard break when you see the broken red shield over your stance indicator. It doesn't work if you click before that. It is annoying that you can't click it when the shield shows up on them though.

Dukat
02-14-2017, 04:57 PM
yeah just refund, bye

Noooo, please come back !!! ;)

CaptainPwnet
02-14-2017, 05:51 PM
It feels completely broken and utterly impossible to do now 0.o you say do it at the "start" of the attack but it just doesn't do anything.... in OB it was easy to do but, you've changed something... I'm literally about to refund the game based on just this example... it's ridiculous, the mechanic just doesn't even work now.

Look it's really not just me... this mechanic feels completely broken, that's the only way to explain it, I'm trying and trying and trying and trying against the advanced bot and it just doesn't work. My mouse isn't broken..... it worked in OB and now it doesn't it's that simple. What the hell ubisoft, really.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1577829-Changes-since-OBT-and-new-Character-Tier-List

Number 1 in the list. Also yes this mechanic is very broken now.

Osanger
02-14-2017, 06:08 PM

They changed it so you cannot just mongo button mash GB to CGB when the red icon appears on their char, you now have to wait until it lights up on yours. Funnily enough this co-incides with the animation striking your char, if you start it before the window you will do your own GB and get hit. The window for success is much smaller, think pauls counter in tekken (maybe not quites as tight but you get the picture).

It is actually way better for the game, since this is supposed to be and advanced tech ability and therefore should not be so easy to pull off.

You still have the warning of the GB icon on the enemy so you know what is about to happen you just have to change your reaction times and time the counter properly instead of mashing the button, which it sounds like you were doing before.

CaptainPwnet
02-14-2017, 06:53 PM
They changed it so you cannot just mongo button mash GB to CGB when the red icon appears on their char, you now have to wait until it lights up on yours. Funnily enough this co-incides with the animation striking your char, if you start it before the window you will do your own GB and get hit. The window for success is much smaller, think pauls counter in tekken (maybe not quites as tight but you get the picture).

It is actually way better for the game, since this is supposed to be and advanced tech ability and therefore should not be so easy to pull off.

You still have the warning of the GB icon on the enemy so you know what is about to happen you just have to change your reaction times and time the counter properly instead of mashing the button, which it sounds like you were doing before.

The window for success is not really anymore difficult. This change will mostly affect 1vX situations. The timing really isn't more difficult at all now, it's just much more pointlessly risky to even attempt a GB now as you risk potentially auto failing a counter if your GB comes out a fraction of a second later than your opponents.

This is in no way better for the game either and like I said in 1v1 situations this is no more difficult to do than it was before. It's just more risky now which is very stupid. It does nothing to help the unbalanced defensive play meta and actually makes GB more risk than reward in a lot of situations. GB is almost more useless now with how risky it is.

Osanger
02-14-2017, 07:40 PM
The window for success is not really anymore difficult. This change will mostly affect 1vX situations. The timing really isn't more difficult at all now, it's just much more pointlessly risky to even attempt a GB now as you risk potentially auto failing a counter if your GB comes out a fraction of a second later than your opponents.

This is in no way better for the game either and like I said in 1v1 situations this is no more difficult to do than it was before. It's just more risky now which is very stupid. It does nothing to help the unbalanced defensive play meta and actually makes GB more risk than reward in a lot of situations. GB is almost more useless now with how risky it is.

I don't dispute what you are saying, since you are looking at things from the meta perspective, but i've no doubt the OP is way below that currently in skill level.

His claim of the mechanic being totally "broken" is very different to your perception of "broken". In that he thinks it is no longer possible to CGB at all, where as you understand that it is the functionality of the GB that is going to hurt the game at high level, two very different things. :)

Technically it has not got "harder" per se, just proper timing is now required, so i guess it is relative to your playstyle. For instance to perform a CGB i am largely unaffected by the change as i do not button mash, i press on the GB landing, its just what i am used to (paul/king player in tekken) so it works exactly the same for me. For a button masher this however will totally mess them up, being that they have to untrain the muscle memory of spamming the button and go to proper timing, making the ability now much harder relatively to them. From a low rank to approaching high rank of play i would advocate this as a good change as it promotes better skill.

Having read your post in your thread, however i do see why this would become a problem at very high levels of play, on paper i understand and would agree with you, but i do not consider myself having played the game long enough or at a high enough level to agree from a practical stand point. If anything for me yes it will certainly reduce the amount of GB i will use against certain classes but in certain combos or situations i will still see it as worth the risk, therefore i dont see it being totally ignored.

Time will tell, i hope it doesn't effect the meta as badly as you are saying but yeah the current stalemate of two opponents who are good at defense and patient enough not to lose focus can be pretty frustrating for certain classes with the lower hp, so poking becomes a winning outcome, which in my eyes is almost as bad as losing to a button masher :P

TL:DR His OP was about an ability he thinks now doesn't work, but it does, he just hasn't got the timing down yet and whining about it.

Your's is about the change being bad for the game overall, which i now can relate to, i'm just not quite there on skill level for it to be a problem yet.

CaptainPwnet
02-14-2017, 08:09 PM
I don't dispute what you are saying, since you are looking at things from the meta perspective, but i've no doubt the OP is way below that currently in skill level.

His claim of the mechanic being totally "broken" is very different to your perception of "broken". In that he thinks it is no longer possible to CGB at all, where as you understand that it is the functionality of the GB that is going to hurt the game at high level, two very different things. :)

Technically it has not got "harder" per se, just proper timing is now required, so i guess it is relative to your playstyle. For instance to perform a CGB i am largely unaffected by the change as i do not button mash, i press on the GB landing, its just what i am used to (paul/king player in tekken) so it works exactly the same for me. For a button masher this however will totally mess them up, being that they have to untrain the muscle memory of spamming the button and go to proper timing, making the ability now much harder relatively to them. From a low rank to approaching high rank of play i would advocate this as a good change as it promotes better skill.

Having read your post in your thread, however i do see why this would become a problem at very high levels of play, on paper i understand and would agree with you, but i do not consider myself having played the game long enough or at a high enough level to agree from a practical stand point. If anything for me yes it will certainly reduce the amount of GB i will use against certain classes but in certain combos or situations i will still see it as worth the risk, therefore i dont see it being totally ignored.

Time will tell, i hope it doesn't effect the meta as badly as you are saying but yeah the current stalemate of two opponents who are good at defense and patient enough not to lose focus can be pretty frustrating for certain classes with the lower hp, so poking becomes a winning outcome, which in my eyes is almost as bad as losing to a button masher :P

TL:DR His OP was about an ability he thinks now doesn't work, but it does, he just hasn't got the timing down yet and whining about it.

Your's is about the change being bad for the game overall, which i now can relate to, i'm just not quite there on skill level for it to be a problem yet.

Nice post, well thought out and understanding.:)

Reapy54
02-14-2017, 08:16 PM
I just started learning the game. I liked the timing where the red icon say 'HEY GUARD BREAK GET READY' and then you time it as they hit your character. Felt nice.

One thing that seems also is, at least on the warden vs the bot, when I would light slash as the guard break was coming it it seemed like my character slipped the grab and dodged them. Is this a mechanic or is it simply the attack coming out fast enough to interrupt? It felt like it was a late slash that should have been grabbed.

SethUnleashed
02-14-2017, 08:29 PM
not sure i'd call it broken (probably not) but definatly werid...

pulling off a CGB is harder now because:
A) you need to REACT to the GB coming and
B) time your button hit, because hitting it too early or too late wont help you

i kinda feel like people are gonna start spamming GB again now that countering got harder. not sure this is a wise way to go, but we'll see