PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only one who thinks Shugoki is absolutely rediculously OP?

PilusMedicus
02-14-2017, 01:17 PM
Jesus christ man,
there is abo****ely nothing you can do against him besides a lucky guard break.
one normal swing does like 25% damage, his grab does about the same, and when he swings he cant be interupted at all.
so the only thing he has to do is just being in constant swing mode.
and im not even talking about the rediculously large hit box on his charge, wich lends him a free hit.

the only thing you can do against him is parry him till his out of stamina, but if experienced players play him on late game, there is absolutely nothing you can do against him how he is right now.

in my opinion he needs a major rework, that also counts for lawbringer, his attacks and heavy swings do about half as much as a normal shugoki swing.

YappysDaBeast
02-14-2017, 01:32 PM
With the current way parrying works, yes he is. (That is blocking with heavy attack)

Parry into Guardbreak into Unstoppable attack. (You can't block anything or guardbreak after they parried you)

Does insane damage.

tcs1991.ts
02-14-2017, 01:35 PM
Playing as valkaryie I don't have many issues with him.

Lufury
02-14-2017, 01:38 PM
Playing as valkaryie I don't have many issues with him.

Dude, its kinda interesting your posts. You beg for a buff on Shugoki and you Say u gonna have an easy time with Walkyrie against him :D thats actually insanely nonsense since he counters you.

tcs1991.ts
02-14-2017, 01:44 PM
Dude, its kinda interesting your posts. You beg for a buff on Shugoki and you Say u gonna have an easy time with Walkyrie against him :D thats actually insanely nonsense since he counters you.

I never called for a buff. I said he needed to be tuned. I never expanded on that. So do not take my words out of context. If anything they need to scale back his damage a little. I also don't like that attacks do not interrupt his attacks, or at least not all of them.

Tocki92
02-14-2017, 01:48 PM
Lol what the heck am I reading? With shugoki I have a hard time against orichi, pk or nobushi with their light attack spam. He is so slow and so freaking fast out of stamina. Pls try that character before you judge.

PackingMoney
02-14-2017, 01:51 PM

Just because one hero counters another, doesn't mean that hero will always wins, at the end of the day it comes down to player skill.

NarutoBoi69
02-16-2017, 11:29 PM
OP, do your research before posting... After one hit, his armor is down for a few moments and you do increased damage... so if you harass him he will never have his armor and then you can constantly interrupt him.

I play shugoki a lot and can tell that he isn't good in duels against high level players, even tho I have to agree that no hero makes wrecking noobs easier than him.

lebannen247
02-16-2017, 11:36 PM
OP, do your research before posting... After one hit, his armor is down for a few moments and you do increased damage... so if you harass him he will never have his armor and then you can constantly interrupt him.

I play shugoki a lot and can tell that he isn't good in duels against high level players, even tho I have to agree that no hero makes wrecking noobs easier than him.

SO MUCH THIS.

My bane? a well played warden...JFC.
A solid average orochi eats me if I cant pin him against a corner
I reckon I average 50/50 vs nobushi

My Free points?---conqueror, raider or lawbringer.

This character excels at Dominion and group fights.

Myrnodyne
02-16-2017, 11:37 PM
Even though they could have been kinder, I agree with previous posters assessment that the Shugoki isn't nearly as strong as the terrified reactions on the forums make one tend to believe. I guess it's because in between the occasional one shot from full health, and the fact that the first time you duel him you're almost guaranteed to get smacked for 40% health on your first attempt at dealing damage, a lot of his weaknesses get lost or ignored, because people never see them.

I'm hoping at some point an experienced popular streamer duels a Shukogi three times in a row and wrecks the **** out of them. In dominion the Shukogi is great. Take away his "toys" and he takes a lot of hard work to do average with. Play before you judge!

PaUZZze
02-16-2017, 11:43 PM
I gotta say I mostly agree with OP. He's by far the toughest oppenent I've faced and im never excites to face him. One wrong move results in your back bein broken and half your health gone in a second. Yes he's got low stamina, but jeeeerz you can't even knock him down with an unstoppable charge. He just stands there and your luke ummm okay?

However after a few fights with him you start to learn how to beat em. Keep your distance, and I mean far far back. One hit with a heavy and that's half your life right there. He's ridiculous. I'd be okay with his damage being needed. Otherwise fine his other BS abilities can stay

HHGamerz
02-17-2017, 06:59 AM
i have been playing shugoki for a while i admit it, he is really strong because people dont know how to play against him. all you have to do to counter his basic kit is when he guard breaks you, counter guardbreak. and his charged r2 is unblockable but its not unparryable if a shugoki stands there and charges r2 to full like an idiot parry his ******* and boom all his stamina poof gone. but i cant say that is recharge time for his hyper-armor isnt broken it is, and needs a nerf to 4 or 4.5 seconds. if anyone needs any help with countering him just reply

forrest0755
02-17-2017, 07:06 AM
Dont try to block or parry him. Dodge his attacks, and hit him while he recovers from the swing. He is tough to fight, but onced you learn to dodge and not block, he will be a lot easier

Captain.Weegee
02-17-2017, 05:47 PM
nah.. he is one of the weakest classes in the game in my opinion... or the hardest one in 1v1

It is so easy to dodge his ****** because nearly all attacks needs 2-3 seconds, he change his block-direction even much slower than everyone else, if his passive unblockable is gone, he dies faster than every assassin ( then ...the most classes do damage of 4 bars on him with an heavy attack).

Its really hard to time his attacks, because everyone can dodge them so easily and beat the **** out of him after the first hit. So he is more like the noob killer...

But yes in groupfights he can be a monster cause his massive damage.

DovahkiinSuleyk
02-17-2017, 06:11 PM
Just gonna copy paste what I said in another thread:

"I see so many people complaining about this ability and I feel I need to point out some stuff.

The Pros of Demon's Embrace
- It heals us and does a nice amount of damage
- If at critical health it will one shot anyone

The Cons of Demon's Embrace
-It's one of the most telegraphed moves in the game
-It's EXTREMELY easy to dodge
-If we miss with it we damage ourselves for a 3rd of our HP bar
-If we miss with it, in addition to damaging us, it takes a moment for us to be able to do anything again and leaves us open to attack.

The cons outweigh the pros, the ability is not as overpowered as people think it is and is quite well balanced. And the fact that people are beginning to wise up to it is making it increasingly difficult to land. If you do get hit by it it's on you.

As for other things that people have mentioned being OP, like uninterruptible stance, that also isn't as OP as you might think. Uninterruptible stance only lasts until we get hit once, with a light or heavy attack and then it has to recharge. After uninterruptible stance is broken we actually take increased damage, this is where the heal from Demon's Embrace comes into play, to deal with the increased damage we take and keep us in the fight.

All in all what I'm saying is the Shugoki is actually a pretty well balanced character and if anyone thinks he is OP I'd recommend playing him and I'm willing to bet you'd change your tune quite quickly."

I'm also going to add, yes, he does a lot of damage. That's to compensate for how ridiculously slow he is. He is literally described in the heroes screen as a Hard Hitter so this shouldn't be a surprise. Being able to hit hard does not equal overpowered.

Print.
02-17-2017, 06:16 PM
Shugoki is pretty intimidating at first, but I'm confident that when everyone has learned what moves he has and how they are telegraphed, he will become one of the easier characters to beat (especially for faster characters). OP, I recommend going through his movelist and maybe playing some duels with him, and you'll pick up his strengths and limitations pretty quickly.

SCNADS
02-17-2017, 08:06 PM
Jesus christ man,
there is abo****ely nothing you can do against him besides a lucky guard break.
one normal swing does like 25% damage, his grab does about the same, and when he swings he cant be interupted at all.
so the only thing he has to do is just being in constant swing mode.
and im not even talking about the rediculously large hit box on his charge, wich lends him a free hit.

the only thing you can do against him is parry him till his out of stamina, but if experienced players play him on late game, there is absolutely nothing you can do against him how he is right now.

in my opinion he needs a major rework, that also counts for lawbringer, his attacks and heavy swings do about half as much as a normal shugoki swing.

Just yesterday me and my friends were playing 4v4 dominion and they had a Shugoki on their team and I (playing as LawBringer) went to go fight him and he picked me(keep in mind the match just started and i havent been hit or damaged at all) he does his back snapping attack and 1 shotted me. It happen multiple times through out the whole entire match so i agree with you he way to OP

CoyoteXStarrk
02-17-2017, 08:10 PM
Shugoki is the SLOWEST hero in the game.

- Least amount of combos

- Slowest attack speed

- Every move is telegraphed

- His "OP" grab is VERY easy to dodge and avoid

- If he misses his charge he is toast.

- He runs out of stamina quicker than anyone

People think he is OP because of the damage he pumps out and his grab, but all his hits are slow and easy to parry/dodge/block. Once people get used to his moves and his weaknesses he is gonna be handled hard. And I say that as someone who loves Shugoki and the idea of him. (Mostly because the Kanabo is one of my favorite weapons from history)

rastroff2008
02-18-2017, 02:27 PM
Shugoki sucks and only weeboos use him

he sucks in 1v1
he sucks against multiple ennemies
he is only good when ganking ennemies which is really bad and just ruins good duels with no chance of survival

you are against your oppononent interesting duel and **** and OUTTA NOWHERE SHUGOKI COMES with no life at all he does his back breaker which instakill you and you can't even interrupt it with revenge activation, you are just dead and you couldn't do anything against it

same against multiple ennemies you are against 3 dudes defending yourself and then shugoki does his ****, you have 2 choices, take the back breaker and allow his friends to hit you whilst doing it, or try to dodge it and get hit by 3 ennemies either way it ends up in your death which means 1vX are now unmanageable, in beta i could do 1v4 and come out on top now as long as there is a shugoki he just grabs me and kill me

also dafaq is up with uninterruptible state ? you allow him to pull crap off thanks to this this character shouldn't be nerfed it should be removed

Derity
02-18-2017, 02:28 PM
Guardbreak.

Honestly Shugoki is probably worst ingame lol

Fordol
02-18-2017, 02:36 PM
Fighting a Shugoki you need to remember the 5 Ds of Dodgeball: dodge, duck, dip, dive and ..... dodge. If you can evade his first swing and stick a light on him, his stance goes down and you'll be able to output damage on him very quickly. If you are playing in Dominion keep and eye on the radar so he doesn't sneak one shot you.

And remember:
https://media.makeameme.org/created/if-you-can-97tvqr.jpg

xxJoKeRzWiLdx
02-18-2017, 03:47 PM
He's very slow but I agree with hitting him and his light attack still hits you. I believe a high attack cancels this but I'm not sure. His demon ball is OP. I use him for fun and you can knock someone off the map from being no where near it. You can also party his attacks. Plus he's sexy as all hell

WhlT8
02-18-2017, 06:08 PM
His Attacks are ok but the attack when he get hes full HP back if he is almost dead is way too OP and u canīt puch him with combos is too strong i hope he get nerft a bit

ILBOMBATONI
02-18-2017, 06:38 PM
lol. he is never ever op. but itīs huge fun to destroy people who think heīs op.

WhlT8
02-18-2017, 07:15 PM
if he is in the last to hp block he get full hp back so thats op the rest is ok but this attack is too strong

DeadlyDude50000
03-13-2017, 07:10 AM
With the current way parrying works, yes he is. (That is blocking with heavy attack)

Parry into Guardbreak into Unstoppable attack. (You can't block anything or guardbreak after they parried you)

Does insane damage.

You do realize that that's not Shugoki works? You can't do Shugoki's unblockable after a guard break. You can only do Demon Ball (The one that actually does little damage, just sends you flying).

DeadlyDude50000
03-13-2017, 07:15 AM
if he is in the last to hp block he get full hp back so thats op the rest is ok but this attack is too strong

Yes but keep in mind the rules of this move. YES it will one shot when he is at critical health (the phrase "critical health" is important here as 1 bar of health does not count as critical).

But keep in mind if you dodge this move (which it is INCREDIBLY easy to dodge, unless you got pushed into a wall, in that scenario you need to learn how to counter guard breaks) then he loses a TON of health and will literally stand still for a good two seconds. Giving you enough time to kill him with a SINGLE light attack

DeadlyDude50000
03-13-2017, 07:23 AM
Shugoki sucks and only weeboos use him

he sucks in 1v1
he sucks against multiple ennemies
he is only good when ganking ennemies which is really bad and just ruins good duels with no chance of survival

you are against your oppononent interesting duel and **** and OUTTA NOWHERE SHUGOKI COMES with no life at all he does his back breaker which instakill you and you can't even interrupt it with revenge activation, you are just dead and you couldn't do anything against it

same against multiple ennemies you are against 3 dudes defending yourself and then shugoki does his ****, you have 2 choices, take the back breaker and allow his friends to hit you whilst doing it, or try to dodge it and get hit by 3 ennemies either way it ends up in your death which means 1vX are now unmanageable, in beta i could do 1v4 and come out on top now as long as there is a shugoki he just grabs me and kill me

also dafaq is up with uninterruptible state ? you allow him to pull crap off thanks to this this character shouldn't be nerfed it should be removed

Well someone's salty.
First off i'd like to point to what you said as just wrong. As a Shugoki main he's incredibly powerful in 1v1, and when being ganked. (Bear in mind i've won a won a 3v1 with him before)

Also the point of uninterruptible stance is to counter the fact he is so slow. If he did not have it then he would be killed by every assassin who can spam lights (as his are slowers than theirs). Remember that this stance only takes ONE attack to get rid of. If you apply pressure before it comes back, then you can usually succeed against him.

HiTeHa
03-13-2017, 08:06 AM
As Rep 7 Shugoki player I would like to post my experiences with this Hero:

Shugoki -vs- AI
This Hero is absolute best against AI. AI not know what to do with Charged Heavy attack. They only stand or try to simply block it, so you will beat AI like beast! Charge of Oni is unblockable run kicking AI from walls / bridges. If you stand over bridge and use this move against incoming enemy AI (they never dodge), you will get only environmental kills...

Shugoki -vs- Player
Light attack with Headbutt is only what you need to kill en low-middle experienced player. Parry -> GB -> Baseball move is just a piece of candy. If you get skills with Shugoki, you will find some better moves -> throwing against wall and use Demons Embrace to get free health. Or Charge of Oni cancel to GB when enemy to to dodge it! ... but when you meet skilled enemy, you will die. It is because Shugoki not have attack which can go through well blocking / parrying player! ... I not play with Shugoki because of this. Than you need to play defensively and if enemy have same style, you just stand in 1v1 duel for 5 mins where noone want attack first...

BTW Shugoki have some bugs too. After tons of matches you will find them too.

escacleo
03-13-2017, 08:33 AM
Only thing I don't like is the one hit kill. Don't get the point of this move. No character has anything as broken as this. Only a problem in 2+v1 situation. 1v1 it's easily dodged. But when they can do it when full health....I thought it was only possible when they were near death. I always saved them for last in a gank situation which I live through surprisingly a lot with Kensei

nyankonono73
03-13-2017, 08:49 AM
The shugoki is like those big fat heavy damage slow bosses in Dark Soul. Once you know how they move, as a PK, you have time to drink tea, read a newspaper, curl your hair and paint your fingernails in between each of his actions. Not a big deal really.

HotJam-5
08-10-2018, 09:57 PM
I play as and against Shugoki a lot, and it's so hard to do anything against him. In dominion when he's reviving a player nothing can stop it, he can spam his unblockables with ease and takes bars of my health away with one swing.

PepsiBeastin
08-10-2018, 10:01 PM
I play as and against Shugoki a lot, and it's so hard to do anything against him. In dominion when he's reviving a player nothing can stop it, he can spam his unblockables with ease and takes bars of my health away with one swing.

Oh my god why are so many of you turds necroposting recently? This is NO LONGER RELEVANT, and it's OVER A YEAR OLD. If you need help with shugoki just make a new post and ask, don't dig up some random thread to complain. He can't "spam unblockables" and "takes bars of my health away in one swing" isn't difficult, any character with an attack that does 26 damage takes over a bar of health.

yfkutfui
08-10-2018, 10:59 PM
Most Shugs are useless but there are the occasional players who are very very good,

if you meet a shug that's very good at turtling they can be a real friking nightmare to deal with, I had one that was insanely good at blocking and counterguard breaking who just whittled me down with the light /head-butt stun combo time after time

I just couldn't break him down without help from my teammates? with the rock steady feat plus hyper armour plus his insanely good blocking he gave me nightmares, I give him props whomever he was and I had a glimpse at what a devastating character this guy could be with a few modifications and the right kind of player with a patient temperament they could wreck everyone.

UbiInsulin
08-10-2018, 11:26 PM
Please do not necro threads created on the day the game launched.