PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie Shield Tackle cancel into Guard Break?

S.O.L.A.A.R
02-14-2017, 12:29 PM
Hey everyone,

How does the Shield Tackle cancel into Guard Break work? Shield Tackle cancel into Poucing Thrust works fine, but I tried every possible timing and I can't cancel it into a Guard Break (which would be really, really strong I think). It just does the normal unblockable tackle when I press X again.

http://i.imgur.com/q5QM1A4.jpg

Anyone managed it? If so, how?

Thanks!

Cast_1
02-14-2017, 02:44 PM
You just do a heavy attack, and when she starts the hit, you press x, and it transforms to shield bash. But tbh, the valkyrie is probably the most **** class in the game atm. Terrible damage, and amazing cc that drains your stamina like nothing else so its useless.

Dr_Gomez
02-14-2017, 03:31 PM
Hey everyone,

How does the Shield Tackle cancel into Guard Break work? Shield Tackle cancel into Poucing Thrust works fine, but I tried every possible timing and I can't cancel it into a Guard Break (which would be really, really strong I think). It just does the normal unblockable tackle when I press X again.

Thanks!

Shield Tackle cancel

Exactly the same question, and the reply by Cast_1 is irrelevant, oops. I tried every timing too but no success so far, and canceling into RB works fine for me too.

BTW I watched the tutorial videos of Valkyrie in game but no example for this "cancel", either.

Cast_1
02-14-2017, 03:39 PM
Well ive done it several times, you just need to time it right.

Dr_Gomez
02-14-2017, 04:18 PM
Well ive done it several times, you just need to time it right.

Thanks for the warmheart. I tried many times again but still no success, FML.

Meksikinietis
02-14-2017, 04:33 PM
But he dont have dmg and speed and stamina. You do one combo like break block 2 times and s+ heavy attack and whats it.. 0 dmg and 0 stamina.. so you need run away or just try block enemy hits :) broken char.

Jettage
02-14-2017, 11:28 PM
We're talking about 2 different things Cast_1 Shield Crush cancel is a feint from a heavy attack. Shield Tackle cancel is when you do the backwards dash into all block into the shield charge but you can cancel it into a guard break. I've never had it work.. practicing it against bots or anything. the Shield Crush cancel is easy and canceling into a light attack works just fine on shield tackle but no cancel into guard break.

Saeryf
02-15-2017, 12:55 AM
My biggest issues with Valkyrie is that her sweep frequently hits allies and not enemies (through an ally into the enemy, but the enemy kept their footing) and her crowd control often leaves enemies well out of feasible follow-up range. It's like she needs a chain around her arm/wrist and to her spear so she can whip it at folk and haul it back all Kratos-like. :P (I know his weapon isn't a spear)

Saeryf
02-15-2017, 12:58 AM
We're talking about 2 different things Cast_1 Shield Crush cancel is a feint from a heavy attack. Shield Tackle cancel is when you do the backwards dash into all block into the shield charge but you can cancel it into a guard break. I've never had it work.. practicing it against bots or anything. the Shield Crush cancel is easy and canceling into a light attack works just fine on shield tackle but no cancel into guard break.

I think the confusion came from you having "Shield Crush Cancel" highlighted in your image. I thought you were talking about the Shield Crush as well until your reply (the one I quoted). I'm not sure on the timing for that either, and it may very well be broken as many other things are too.

This IS a Ubisoft game, things not working at launch are to be expected. =P It would be like an Elder Scrolls game not having exploitable things and weird bugs, lol.

S.O.L.A.A.R
02-15-2017, 01:04 AM
I have been talking about Shield Tackle cancel into Guard Break since the beginning I don't know why some people in the thread are talking about Shield Crush cancel which is pretty straightforward.

Well at least it seems nobody managed to Shield Tackle cancel into Guard Break, so it might actually be a bug or an error in the command list. (see this (https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/5tzon0/valkyrie_shield_tackle_cancel_into_guard_break/) and this (https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/5tzyqw/can_you_cancel_valkyrie_shield_tackle_into_a/) on reddit where people confirm they can't do it either)

Would be nice to have an answer from Ubi.

Edit: Highlight from the image is arbitrary, I had to use the gamepad at the same time I was taking the screenshot so that it displayed the gamepad buttons instead of Mouse+Keyboard, so it highlighted something else. I mean it's not like the text in my post in unclear, people need to learn to read.

SethUnleashed
02-15-2017, 01:15 AM
yeah i've tried that stuff too...

its mostly useless as it seems that you need to travel a certain distance BEFOR you can cancel it into smth...

i was only able to cancel it into a light attack, but you need proper timing AND if the enemy is too close it wasnt working.

the cancel into guardbreak never worked for me.

valkyrie in general has some ODD timings.
- the "shield deflect" window seems a tiny bit smaller than normal deflect (might just be personal fails ^^)
- the timing for shoulder pin (the dot after dieflect) is incredibly small and you need to hit the heavy button instantly when the deflect connects or she just wont do anything
- charge-cancels have really weird and unintuitive timings as mentioned above.

Sliz1
02-15-2017, 03:45 PM
I'm pretty sure there's no way to cancel into a guard break even though it says but the closest thing I've managed to come close to is a tech where while in shield guard mode, let go off lock on and it'll automatically take you outside of shield tackle and can proceed to press guardbreak. :) It's a cancel where you don't need to side step anywhere so it'll have it's uses.

Altair_Snake
02-16-2017, 08:19 AM
Wha I read in another thread was that she can actually cancel it into a dash. So, you can cancel it in a forward dash and then GB.

ampendleton
02-16-2017, 05:31 PM
Solar, the sb to gb cancel is broken right now, doesn't work. Have to wait for the update.

SethUnleashed
02-19-2017, 06:20 PM
yeah did some more testing and i think it should probably work the same way warden charge->gb-cancel does, but it just isnt working...

80% say its bugged
20% say ubi didnt even implement it XD

this move alone could help the valk a TON, but yeah, sad it doesnt work

it would also be nice to trigger that shield charge by any other means besides back-dodge which always creates a rather big distance to the enemy and makes the charge extremely predictable... warden can spam theirs point blank range

Noxxic86
02-21-2017, 12:26 PM
Was also curious about this, glad I am not the only one. Love the valkyrie, but I was getting frustrated with this one move. Hopeful for an update beyond what has been announced.

sbqaz
02-28-2017, 11:28 PM
Is this confirmed as "bugged/not implemented" - Even after patch 1.03 ?

Gethseme
02-28-2017, 11:49 PM
After patch 1.03 this still isn't cancelable. On another note, there's an unlisted bonus to her Light/lLight/Light chain. If you end the chain on a left or right light, it's a stun. Doesn't have it listed and doesn't happen often unless opponent has slow reaction speed, but it's there.

TCTF_SWAT
02-28-2017, 11:52 PM
It's not cancelable into Gb. It's cancelable into dashes or pouncing thrust (or was it hunter's thrust?). Me thinks the GB cancel is a typo.

DarkKrieg
03-01-2017, 02:21 AM
Canceling into a GB is not possible with that move. It never was, it never said it was, and it probably never will be.

I'm not sure where you read that it could be canceled into GB. Since you all seem to agree that you can't do it, and have not seen it done, why are you so adamant that it exists? Maybe the answer is the simplest (which it is) in that Valk is not capable of performing that move.

Gethseme
03-01-2017, 08:51 AM
Canceling into a GB is not possible with that move. It never was, it never said it was, and it probably never will be.

I'm not sure where you read that it could be canceled into GB. Since you all seem to agree that you can't do it, and have not seen it done, why are you so adamant that it exists? Maybe the answer is the simplest (which it is) in that Valk is not capable of performing that move.

Reading comprehension tests should be required to post on the forums. Reread the OP one last time... Just one last time. Hopefully you'll be able to read the picture, and read what he wrote correctly.

It EXPLICITLY states, in game, and in that screen shot, that you can CANCEL the SHIELD TACKLE ability with a GUARD BREAK by hitting X.

The OP asked, multiple times, how to cancel SHIELD TACKLE into GUARD BREAK. He cannot do it because it's currently not working. Either the ability is bugged, or the tooltip in-game, and in that screenshot on the OP, is wrong. Not Shield CRUSH, but Shield TACKLE.

Shield Crush is the shield bash chained from a Heavy attack.

Shield Tackle is only performed by dashing backwards, then hitting the GB button (which can be held to increase charge distance and grant All Block Stance). They are not the same move.

Gethseme
03-01-2017, 08:57 AM
yeah did some more testing and i think it should probably work the same way warden charge->gb-cancel does, but it just isnt working...

80% say its bugged
20% say ubi didnt even implement it XD

this move alone could help the valk a TON, but yeah, sad it doesnt work

it would also be nice to trigger that shield charge by any other means besides back-dodge which always creates a rather big distance to the enemy and makes the charge extremely predictable... warden can spam theirs point blank range

Sorry for double post, but this needs to be highlighted. The problem right now is Shield Tackle is coded to be a completely different move. Honestly, I don't think anyone would mind if the Valk lost it's All Block Stance from Shield Tackle in exchange for Shield Tackle to be replaced by Shield Crush and all it's combos combined, with being able to Pouncing Thrust out of Shield Crush, and even GB out of it if they want. Right now, I don't think they can make the moves do the same thing because ST is coded to have All Block, not only for the charging up portion, but also while moving towards your opponent after you release the GB button. SC isn't an All Block move, and I don't know if they can separate the mechanics while maintaining the ability for both to have the same relative moveset (as in being able to cancel a heavy attack into it, or being able to cancel a normal Shield Crush into Pouncing Thrust/GB.).

Colonel.Virus
03-01-2017, 04:32 PM
Hey everyone,

Thanks!

Guard break does not work at all... just spent like 15 minutes trying against a bot. Game simply doesn't register it.

You can do the light cancel easily if you hold the shield tackle for longer than half a second, but it doesn't seem to work if you're trying to do the quick shield tackle, can't land a single one from an instant shield tackle release. Game doesn't seem to register the R1 input before the shield tackle animation starts. Might be to do with the 14 frame controller input lag, not sure though. I'll keep trying to do it, if not needs to be reported as a bug.

Gethseme
03-01-2017, 04:52 PM
Guard break does not work at all... just spent like 15 minutes trying against a bot. Game simply doesn't register it.

You can do the light cancel easily if you hold the shield tackle for longer than half a second, but it doesn't seem to work if you're trying to do the quick shield tackle, can't land a single one from an instant shield tackle release. Game doesn't seem to register the R1 input before the shield tackle animation starts. Might be to do with the 14 frame controller input lag, not sure though. I'll keep trying to do it, if not needs to be reported as a bug.

It's not a bug. You have to charge the ST until your character flashes. At that point, you've charged it enough to cancel into a Pouncing Thrust.

Wee1977
09-06-2018, 10:18 PM
Shield Tackle cancel into Poucing Thrust

Can you please tell me how to do it?