PDA

View Full Version : Bot difficulty?

Black_Star300
02-14-2017, 10:01 AM
Holy hell....I've played the closed and open beta and even went up against level 3 bots in the closed beta to further practice my class, but doing the orders today and playing again'st the bots that were put in (claimed to be level 2) were just overkill. I mean it decimated the many teams I've played with. I honestly feel like I've been playing a different game the way the bots seemed to be upscaled in full release....

And don't tell me to "get good" because I've played against the bots many times and they haven't been THIS HARD.

Crimsonfel
02-14-2017, 07:39 PM
absolutely i havent had a single team win against bots, and ive been playing since the alpha, my k.d.a has dropped form 9.8 to .5 bots deff need a decrease in difficulty

RatedChaotic
02-14-2017, 07:54 PM
My closed beta point strikes again. Im not so ignorant now am I ....you bashers of my thread. Lmao.

Zv1k0
02-14-2017, 07:58 PM
I played couple of games against bots 4v4 cause i got it in contract order and i definitely agree. Bots are harder than beta, atleast open beta. I was just trying out bot level 3 and that is pretty hard as well but i finally managed to beat it and i feel proud lol. Bot lvl 3 is even harder than most people i play against online.

Ganvai85
02-14-2017, 08:09 PM
Jeezzzzz. These bots are just ridicoulus.

I had just a few hours in the beta and more or less started completly from zero. But all Matches I get are versus lvl 3 Bots. No chance at all. Even matches against real players are a not that difficult.

Its a bit demotivating when you start with a new game ^^

RatedChaotic
02-14-2017, 08:16 PM
I played couple of games against bots 4v4 cause i got it in contract order and i definitely agree. Bots are harder than beta, atleast open beta. I was just trying out bot level 3 and that is pretty hard as well but i finally managed to beat it and i feel proud lol. Bot lvl 3 is even harder than most people i play against online.

I did tests with friends in both the closed and open betas. The bots scale to the highest hero in there. It used to scale to whoever has the highest hero account wide. During open beta friends and I switch around heros and found that they changed it from account wide to highest hero physically in the match. So if your a new player playing with a friend who has higher heros your not going to have a fun time learning the game. Youll have to go solo for awhile or play custom matches to scale the bots down and recieve no xp or loot... to learn the game. This turned alot of my friends away from the game and I was labeled as ignorant.

After you get better with the mechanics lvl3 bots are not so bad. But they still are a good challenge.

PhYcE-
02-14-2017, 08:27 PM
I'd rather have hard bots than bots that are too easy.

ShawnDeath
02-14-2017, 08:47 PM
They respond better than human opponents in some cases, like if losing the fight, they will take off and run for the appropriate power up. Was actually impressed to see them do that.

SethUnleashed
02-14-2017, 08:48 PM
I'd rather have hard bots than bots that are too easy.

maybe we need more than 3 levels... i mean currently its like this:

level 1 = brain-dead target dummy (uses almost only heavy attacks, hardly GBs)

level 2 = slightly above or same skill as an average player with lets say 20h+ experience into one class

level 3 = super human reflex, will GB-counter mid-dodge and after parry, blocks like theres no tomorrow

----------------------------------------------

why not split it up in 5 levels so we can get one more difficulty in between the current once.

i personally dont mind lvl 2 bots ... i only lose if i fail a block combo or am just playing dumb, but the level 3 bots really are something else XD

suboptiml
02-14-2017, 08:54 PM
I don't mind the hard bots. But in mixed matches it screws over players trying out characters they're not used to.

At the very minimum, they should average the level of the players in the match to determine the bot level. Not just use the highest level player to determine the bots.

Zv1k0
02-14-2017, 09:17 PM
Or just make bot lvl 1 no matter what. If someone leaves well, tough luck for your team...

Br0sidon
02-14-2017, 09:38 PM
Are you struggling against the bots or is it your team? It could be that you're being matched with teammates that are far below you in skill because they just started playing and haven't yet been given an accurate skill level. If so, it should get better as people play more.

GloriousFists
02-14-2017, 09:43 PM
GUys I have been playing agaist a friking valkirie bot lvl 3 and owned her several times just practice.