PDA

View Full Version : Guard break not working properly

crazybread101
02-14-2017, 06:18 AM
I've been playing and ive noticed guard breaks aren't countering properly sometimes (all the time)
Like I'll guard break because I know the ***** is trying to throw me off the map and I get stunned anyways

kanuzira
02-14-2017, 06:31 AM
Play the 'how to play' again and try. I thaught the same at first to but give it a go

Ammboz
02-14-2017, 07:48 AM
Guard break interrupts are now triggering a bit later, you have to activate it while the enemy closes in to break your guard.

Hobbes55371
02-14-2017, 07:59 AM
How do you spend years on a great game concept and then put it on ****ty servers and create stupid *** powerups? How are you even a company you stupid ****s. I legitimately hate you as a company. You are wasting money on something that might crash and burn because of your lack of vision. I would have loved this game.... You'll make enemies with this one.

PanzerShrekonin
02-14-2017, 08:01 AM
Yea... this si dumb. Peacekeeper buff ftw

PanzerShrekonin
02-14-2017, 08:03 AM
Like.... I cant counter the guardbreak.

It refuses to do anything.

I know what to do as I played closed AND open beta but its still refusing to let me stop the guardbreak.

Ammboz
02-14-2017, 08:06 AM
Yah.. have youo tried to follow my advise and interrupt while the enemy tries to guard break you...?

Zallyn-
02-14-2017, 08:16 AM
The new guardbreak feels disgusting. I'm not sure if its a bug or a change, but it's so much slower now, it just feels wrong.

PanzerShrekonin
02-14-2017, 08:23 AM
Yah.. have youo tried to follow my advise and interrupt while the enemy tries to guard break you...?

You mean... what it always was during the beta? xD

Yes... it doesn't work.

No_Other_xD
02-14-2017, 08:37 AM
Is hard as f...., "Just guard break when he's about to guard break you" easy to say, hard to do....

tcs1991.ts
02-14-2017, 08:39 AM
Yeah feels off. Specially against faster classes, but the window is later.

Vaeny
02-14-2017, 08:46 AM
I really don't understand this change, you have to break it later rather than earlier now, not only does it not make any sense but why is it an undocumented change in the notes of beta to release?

You really dropped the ball on this one, there was really no reason to change how guard break counter functions.

tcs1991.ts
02-14-2017, 09:00 AM
May be a bug. This isn't the same version that was run in OB

Zea1ot
02-14-2017, 09:00 AM
This is unacceptable, now the GB cancel is completely random, if u wanna make it harder to cancel then make less window but not delay on cancel

Derity
02-14-2017, 09:09 AM
Yeah so I tested it and now how it works is like this:

You have to wait until the person actually grabs you and then immediately press Guardbreak to cancel it.
If you Press Guardbreak at ANY POINNT before this, all further Guardbreak attempts will FAIL.

I do not know why this changed happen, essentially Guardbreak now is harder to cancel than ever, so yeah - go Guardbreak everyone guys, Guardbreak OP right now.

Ammboz
02-14-2017, 09:15 AM
no. In the OB it was earlier to interrupt, now its a bit later. timing is just different, after the red shield flashes, before the guardbreak connects.

Ammboz
02-14-2017, 09:18 AM
Yeah so I tested it and now how it works is like this:

You have to wait until the person actually grabs you and then immediately press Guardbreak to cancel it.
If you Press Guardbreak at ANY POINNT before this, all further Guardbreak attempts will FAIL.

I do not know why this changed happen, essentially Guardbreak now is harder to cancel than ever, so yeah - go Guardbreak everyone guys, Guardbreak OP right now.
Well, actually its a bit easier, as it lets you guard break at a later moment (edit from day oO) takes the twitchiness out of it.
But you need to get used to it, I agree.

Derity
02-14-2017, 09:21 AM
Well, actually its a bit easier, as it lets you guard break at a later day, takes the twitchiness out of it.
But you need to get used to it, I agree.

No it's actually worse now because like I said they also implemented something that makes it so if you press it too early now, all further Guardbreak attempts automatically fail.

Before, there was a tiny room for error that meant you could press the Guardbreak button again if you pressed it slightly before the actual window.

Now you are severely punished for predicting your opponents actions, which in my opinion is rediculous.

To_Obi
02-14-2017, 09:44 AM
The new counter GB is fine and makes sense. I guess the animation and timing were off in beta and now its how its supposed to be.

DecMorgon
02-14-2017, 09:59 AM
No it's actually worse now because like I said they also implemented something that makes it so if you press it too early now, all further Guardbreak attempts automatically fail.

Before, there was a tiny room for error that meant you could press the Guardbreak button again if you pressed it slightly before the actual window.

Now you are severely punished for predicting your opponents actions, which in my opinion is rediculous.

Hey, the game is out for about 10 hours and people is mad complaining.... maybe we should merely learn HOW TO PLAY. You talk like you all are overpowered gurus with the supreme truth in your mouth. It's simple... train more and feel familiar with this, and you will soon master again this particular movement. It's no so dramatic guys, don't be ratboys.

Jabow0cky
02-14-2017, 03:33 PM
I'm practicing w/ Kensei vs the Knight in advanced how to play practice: best I can tell, the moment is as soon as the guard break shield icon disappears. Timing is weird, but .. idk, it's a game. It's learnable. I don't want this to be too easy or there's no point to doing guard breaks :)

Hard, skill based, worth learning.

The_Wall_
02-14-2017, 03:50 PM
The timing changed.

Adapt.

pirateidealist
02-14-2017, 09:53 PM
I agree it felt great before and now it feels terrible.

Not sure why they would make this change as it's clearly for the worse.

Overall, the controls in the game feel much less responsive compared to the BETA.

The.Odee
02-14-2017, 11:38 PM
I agree it felt great before and now it feels terrible.

Not sure why they would make this change as it's clearly for the worse.

Overall, the controls in the game feel much less responsive compared to the BETA.
+1

Derity
02-15-2017, 12:24 AM
It's kinda funny that in the tutorial it says press the Guardbreak button at the start of the animation to counter a Guardbreak.

Where in reality, if you do that, it simply doesn't work. lol

Kisj
02-15-2017, 12:48 AM
play the 'how to play' again and try. I thaught the same at first to but give it a go
this!!!

Oupyz
02-15-2017, 12:54 AM
the counter for gb was very easy at the high level of play , i could counter like 90% of the time , so the game became turtle festival , now it's kinda more tricky to do or im just not used to it yet ... will see

Swiftstrike76
02-15-2017, 01:19 AM
Done loads of testing on this. Instead of focusing purely on your target you have to look at yourself. See red shield appear on target, glance at your toon will also have one appear. Thats when i push X
In my opinion doesn't make combat better

Goat3_Saeko
02-15-2017, 01:23 AM
This happens to me too plenty of times. In advance practice I get buged.with 3 different classes after the 2 counters

WingedHussar_PL
02-15-2017, 01:25 AM
It works but a little different. You must push button not when he start but when he touch you. It's more logical anyway.