PDA

View Full Version : EBGames or Ubisoft Fault?

frazol
02-14-2017, 04:22 AM
Just curious if this happened to anyone else?

I got a phone call from my local ebgames this evening to tell me that I wouldn't be getting a gold edition like I had pre-ordered but instead would be getting a normal copy of the game. Apparently Ubisoft didn't send nearly enough copies to the store. so they are offering basic editions to those who had gold editions and deluxe editions pre-ordered, and those who pre-ordered the regular edition will have to wait. After contacting ubisoft on this issue, all I received from them was "This is outside of support realm." Hope I was the only one who encountered this issue, and I hope I am able to get it resolved. Did anyone else experience anything similar to this?

-Mike

Vulgorn
02-14-2017, 04:25 AM
I don't think EBGames/Gamestop have the best reputation as far as getting enough preorder copies in. I would imagine it's on them for the most part, judging by my experience with them. If you can help it, I may recommend going with a digital version of the game considering.

Red_Devilfish
02-14-2017, 05:10 AM
EBGames have a bad habit of overselling preorders

ManicBanana
02-14-2017, 05:18 AM
EBGames for sure. They place order for X number of copies of the different versions and then over sell them. They've done this forever.

ehasa
02-14-2017, 05:48 AM
for sure they sold over amount what they actually can sell, just for cancellation on later time.