PDA

View Full Version : Another download

Pain-Seeker
02-14-2017, 12:40 AM
First of all i want to say that iam not trying to be salty . I would like to know what is the reason for another almost 3GB large patch when servers go online . I ve preordered the game and started downloading it in advance so i would be able to play it once servers go up (00:00) in my region . Now i have to wait 2 more hours to download the patch which means i wont be able to play today anymore . I know , its not a big deal . I was just looking forward to it. I just cant find the answer to why that patch wasent included in preload or why they didnt let us download it in advance as well. Thanks for the answers

TanukiBAKA85
02-14-2017, 12:44 AM
First of all i want to say that iam not trying to be salty . I would like to know what is the reason for another almost 3GB large patch when servers go online . I ve preordered the game and started downloading it in advance so i would be able to play it once servers go up (00:00) in my region . Now i have to wait 2 more hours to download the patch which means i wont be able to play today anymore . I know , its not a big deal . I was just looking forward to it. I just cant find the answer to why that patch wasent included in preload or why they didnt let us download it in advance as well. Thanks for the answers

Lots of games include day 1 patches to fix bugs and stuff its nothing new.

*edit: also if it takes you 2 hours to download 3gb maybe you have bigger problems to worry about.

Pain-Seeker
02-14-2017, 12:51 AM
This actualy brings me to another thing that iam curious about . In open beta there certainly were some bugs , i didnt have many problems with connectivity but with the game itself . So iam just wondering if ubisoft is able to fix those in only few days , including open beta and feb 13th , and release a game without them . If not, why didnt they postponed games launch or a better solution ,start the open beta sooner.

*edit : response to your edit .. :D - my download speed (500kb/s at best) is certainly slow but i didnt have any problems during open beta , maybe a few DCs but only before the game started

bakaekze
02-14-2017, 12:52 AM
Open beta was just a stress test. Certainly not enough time to fix any bugs.

And another download issue: the content was encrypted, they probably changed something after they released a pre-load hence the download.

Satorel
02-14-2017, 12:54 AM
I took me 4min after I predownloaded for the other download once it was released.

Dont blame your ****ty internet on this lol

Pain-Seeker
02-14-2017, 12:57 AM
Open beta was just a stress test. Certainly not enough time to fix any bugs.

And another download issue: the content was encrypted, they probably changed something after they released a pre-load hence the download.

Ye i understand that but its not like they ve changed it 15 min before the servers went up . They could have let us download it in advance . Or is there a reason for that as well ?

Pain-Seeker
02-14-2017, 01:03 AM
I took me 4min after I predownloaded for the other download once it was released.

Dont blame your ****ty internet on this lol

Just from your replies in other posts i can already see i will only be wasting my time with you but whatever .Not everyone have a great internet connection like you . Does that mean i have no right to ask for some clarification ? Its a pity i cant get a better internet connection because there are no optical cables in this area but i do pay for it myself , what about you ?

bakaekze
02-14-2017, 01:05 AM
Ye i understand that but its not like they ve changed it 15 min before the servers went up . They could have let us download it in advance . Or is there a reason for that as well ?
I just said it. The pre-load content was fixed and encrypted long before the release. You could unencrypt it only at the moment of release. They cannot simply change anything in the encrypted content, you would have to redownload the whole thing again otherwise.

Satorel
02-14-2017, 01:08 AM
Just from your replies in other posts i can already see i will only be wasting my time with you but whatever .Not everyone have a great internet connection like you . Does that mean i have no right to ask for some clarification ? Its a pity i cant get a better internet connection because there are no optical cables in this area but i do pay for it myself , what about you ?

Everyone with a brain understands you can't just fully pre-download a online game straight up.

Pain-Seeker
02-14-2017, 01:08 AM
I just said it. The pre-load content was fixed and encrypted long before the release. You could unencrypt it only at the moment of release. They cannot simply change anything in the encrypted content, you would have to redownload the whole thing again otherwise.

Thanks for the answer . I never really pre-ordered a game so iam kind of new to those things

Pain-Seeker
02-14-2017, 01:11 AM
Everyone with a brain understands you can't just fully pre-download a online game straight up.

Looks like iam one of those brainless people . Anyway good night and see you in game