PDA

View Full Version : Closed Alpha Emblem

Turaga
02-14-2017, 12:36 AM
Hi, I got a message when I fired up the game that I got an emblem for playing the closed alpha, but I'm unsure which emblem this is in-game, as there's no indicator. which emblem is the reward? :)

Turaga
02-14-2017, 01:36 AM
Hm, I can see it in the uplay rewards screen, but it's locked, which is very weird since I played the closed Alpha with the same account.

TJ_Wylde
02-14-2017, 01:45 AM
Turaga. Did you get the pop-up notifications about them when you first got in-game. I got them myself for alpha, CBT and OBT. But still locked as well. Giving it till PST timezone launch after that i'm calling CS. Sometimes rewards for whatever reason are locked until the launch time of wherever the studio is located.

AwokenGenius
02-14-2017, 01:47 AM
I don't think they've made them available yet, as I've played the Alpha. Closed and Open beta. None of the packs are available to unlock for me.

Turaga
02-14-2017, 02:16 AM
Turaga. Did you get the pop-up notifications about them when you first got in-game. I got them myself for alpha, CBT and OBT. But still locked as well. Giving it till PST timezone launch after that i'm calling CS. Sometimes rewards for whatever reason are locked until the launch time of wherever the studio is located.

I did yes, that must be it then, I'll be patient and wait.

Reinborn
02-14-2017, 03:31 AM
Wait a moment so there are emblems exclusive only to closed/open alpha and alpha only? Anything else apart from Emblems of Old?

UbiJurassic
02-14-2017, 03:53 AM
The rewards are not yet available, but will be shortly. Expect them to be available later this week.

TJ_Wylde
02-14-2017, 09:31 AM
Wait a moment so there are emblems exclusive only to closed/open alpha and alpha only? Anything else apart from Emblems of Old?

Yes. Every part of testing has (afaik) it's own separate emblem. So 1 for Alpha testing, 1 for Closed Beta and 1 for Open Beta. You can see them in the rewards list if you open the Ubisoft Club in-game or in the Uplay launcher.

Reinborn
02-14-2017, 11:16 AM
Yes. Every part of testing has (afaik) it's own separate emblem. So 1 for Alpha testing, 1 for Closed Beta and 1 for Open Beta. You can see them in the rewards list if you open the Ubisoft Club in-game or in the Uplay launcher.

Well, there goes the game for me then. I was only able to participate in closed and open beta. From what I've read in other posts I learned that some alpha reward is there as well, meaning that I get locked out of something. It was fun being hyped for the full game though. Better wait for another Ubi hit and make sure to participate in everything :(

Biocoast
02-14-2017, 11:24 AM
Well, there goes the game for me then. I was only able to participate in closed and open beta. From what I've read in other posts I learned that some alpha reward is there as well, meaning that I get locked out of something. It was fun being hyped for the full game though. Better wait for another Ubi hit and make sure to participate in everything :(

Seriously, just cause you dont get some emblem you are done with this game?

Reinborn
02-14-2017, 11:50 AM
Seriously, just cause you dont get some emblem you are done with this game?

Yes, sadly. I don't expect anyone to understand or anything. If I can't get absolutely everything available, there is no point for me to play any further - I am locked out of 100% completion. I wanted to get The Division post-launch but I'd have already missed the open and closed beta rewards, thus being stuck at 39/41 rewards or something. I don't care for the emblem or whatever the reward would be. I have to turn down many otherwise great games because it doesn't fit my criteria and I wish I could just buy a game whenever, whatever... and play and give zero troubles about other things.
Let's just let this post of mine die (aaand I'm being contra-productive right now), lol. I shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place but I was just too saddened by the news.

TJ_Wylde
02-14-2017, 05:49 PM
Guys. Just a heads up. I got the emblems unlocked 2 hours ago. All 3 types of them.

Mozain
02-14-2017, 06:02 PM
Yes, sadly. I don't expect anyone to understand or anything. If I can't get absolutely everything available, there is no point for me to play any further - I am locked out of 100% completion. I wanted to get The Division post-launch but I'd have already missed the open and closed beta rewards, thus being stuck at 39/41 rewards or something. I don't care for the emblem or whatever the reward would be. I have to turn down many otherwise great games because it doesn't fit my criteria and I wish I could just buy a game whenever, whatever... and play and give zero troubles about other things.
Let's just let this post of mine die (aaand I'm being contra-productive right now), lol. I shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place but I was just too saddened by the news.

Well I have news for you then, you were never going to be able to get 100% of everything, and in fact you will never be able to get 100% of everything in any Ubisoft game from here on out. You just said you don't have The Division, and you won't get The Division because you can't get everything. Ubi ties their games together heavily, so if you don't have all their games, you can't get all their stuff (there are rewards in this for owning R6S and The Division, among others). So, unless you go back and buy their entire catalog (including this) you will never be able to earn everything going forward.

Gotta start somewhere...

TR.WhiskeyD
02-14-2017, 06:06 PM
Just following up, if you participated in the appropriate testing stages you should now have the ability to unlock those rewards. Mine were grayed out/locked before and now they are unlocked and ready for use.

IIZardII
02-26-2017, 03:20 PM
My closed alpha reward is still locked even though I participated in it.

GregoryMcFlint
02-26-2017, 03:46 PM
The rewards are not yet available, but will be shortly. Expect them to be available later this week.

I want this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38sPNZ8QHO4 as my emblem for having to endure your company's stupidity.