PDA

View Full Version : the assassins deflect

ARCH777ANGEL
02-14-2017, 12:35 AM
hello ubisoft I just want to say I love the game and I have spent many hours playing and I have noticed none of the assassins use their deflect I have watched videos and I went to training area and I have spent many long hours there to have the time. 2 out of 10 times I would land a deflect or dodge please fix it or make window bigger that is all I ask for that is it nothing more nothing less thank you and have good

ps I do not need people to leave some bulls*** comment down below i'm a terrible player ok thank you :)

Exterium
02-14-2017, 12:36 AM
I was able to deflect 9/10 times against bots, in a pvp match, depends on the lag, sometimes I can deflect without any problem, sometimes I can't deflect a single hit.

ARCH777ANGEL
02-14-2017, 12:38 AM
I was able to deflect 9/10 times against bots, in a pvp match, depends on the lag, sometimes I can deflect without any problem, sometimes I can't deflect a single hit.
its just hard hitting that small window

Exterium
02-14-2017, 12:41 AM
The window is not the problem, it is big enough, the problem is the window is not always the same.

Oni-Nikuya
02-14-2017, 12:42 AM
It takes a little practice and also greatly depends on who and what you're trying to deflect. Deflecting a peacekeeper in a 4v4 dominion match is rough, deflecting a kens in a 1v1 bot duel is cake...also, start by practicing deflects from the sides rather than the top, easier to time and potentially no penalty for missing.

teksuo1
02-14-2017, 12:44 AM
i found deflect conter-intuitive and high-risk. The only toon on which i really would like to take advantage it is orochi. (and even then .. gotta use the RB one because the RT one will take too long and will most likely be canceled.)

Maybe on PK , sometimes, but i'd rather do with the other less risky moves with her.

Parrying seems less punishing / more intuitive.

davedxd
02-14-2017, 01:13 AM
well, i agree that most PK's i fight dont actually know how to deflect, but i do use it very often against any class, the window for hit and miss is pretty small, but thats what makes playing assassins challenging, im more than used to deflect as a pk myself and i love when ppl just stop attacking me after a few deflects in a row, they just panic and stop attacking haha, its pretty funny..

edit: just practice and you will get the hang of it, after a while people will just start to use mind games and try to bait your deflect so they can get past your defense, then you have another problem to deal with =D, but if you keep practicing you will start responding naturally to any hit that comes your way, fast or slow..

Pain-Seeker
02-14-2017, 01:35 AM
I do think the "nerf" was a little bit too much . It should be on equal standing as parry when it comes to difficulty since the unblockable that follows does lower dmg than some attks/GB you can pull off after parry . But i think posting threads like this is pointless , at least untill majority of players feel the same and ask for a rework . Which i think is pretty impossible since most of the people think assassins class , mainly peacekeeper and orochi, are OP

g0dh8zu
02-14-2017, 01:45 AM
the window is perfect. after you get the timing down you will land it a lot more just gotta work on it.