PDA

View Full Version : Why the pc community is so small!!!!

neto33333
02-13-2017, 10:41 PM
Hi, we all know that the pc is the master race and blablabla . But seriously everytime i buy an online game for pc i end up waiting a lot of time to find people or in some cases you even cant find a full lobby.
Here are some of my experiences:
Gears of war 4. It was so painful to find a lobby that the devs ended up maching pc players with consol players, now you can play fine but only because you can play with people with console.
Call of duty black ops 3. Well im going to put this as easy as, this is my last call of duty that i play on pc... why?? basically you can only play TDM and sometimes domination if you lucky...
Evolve. Everyone knows that evolve wasnt a succes, but i bought the game cause it was really cheap, final result?? there is no people on that game.
Rainbw six siege. Probably is not that hard to find a lobby, but still the pc community is 1/4 than ps4 community, and Rainbow six siege is right now the top 12 of steam games with more players.
Ofcourse there are games with a lot of players like DOTA, CSGO, OVERWATCH, WOW....etc
But most of the people prefer to play with a console. I have a ps4 and havent played that much on my ps4 since i have a good pc with a gtx 1080. Basically i turn my ps4 and i feel that my eyes are burning with the graphics, also im more a mouse and keyboard player, but even when i have to play with a controller i prefer to use my steam controller.
Also another thing that i prefer about pc is that games are cheaper on steam than on ps4 (atleast at my country). For example, in this case for honor is at the pstore at 60 dollars (normal price) but on steam is only 35 dollars.
So what do you think, do you think that this game is going to be a succes on pc???

Damage_Incorp
02-13-2017, 11:00 PM
PC players dont like half finished games ,or things made for consoles.

I mean what the f is even gears of war.

Call of duty is dead on pc because every cod after mw1 was total garbage made for kids.

Evolve was a fail and that's the end of it.

Siege is csgo similar game.More advanced but made by a company who sucks at fps

So you're asking why people on pc don't play games made for people with consoles ,or very poor quality games

RetroStyIe
02-13-2017, 11:03 PM
Because its known for years that you either dont buy ubisoft games, or dont buy them on PC.

Ynkvyzytor
02-13-2017, 11:05 PM
One of the reasons is that there are so much more games on PC, so most games are going to have less players on average.

Karma_Ghost
02-13-2017, 11:11 PM
Consoles are more accessible as they require less technical knowledge (standard hardware) and investment. Even when a game does see some commercial success, PC versions tend to feel the impact of flaws more than on consoles because of potential alternatives. Example: Peer to peer networking is an accepted reality of console gaming. On PC, where latency is often more important due to faster engagement times, the lag from P2P will knock out a sizeable portion of the player base. On console, very few, if any players will change their mind because there is no alternative.

Also +1 to the reason above

neto33333
02-13-2017, 11:22 PM
But do you guys think that this game is going to be emptyy on a couple of months???

RetroStyIe
02-13-2017, 11:27 PM
But do you guys think that this game is going to be emptyy on a couple of months???

yes of course. without dedicated servers less and less stable internet users will be left here and eventually every game will be a 50:50 either if the game will be played to its fullest or interrupted mid way. this kind of stuff pushes players away.

Vault_Traveler
02-13-2017, 11:28 PM

No it will have some nice dedicated community like RSS. Nothing huge but big enough to live with.

TJ_Wylde
02-13-2017, 11:31 PM
Agreeing with Fin_anzo here. Like with RSS and for example The Crew. Sure it's probably bigger on the consoles but on the PC there are still more than enough people to play with and have fun. But tbh i always saw For Honor as a niche game. Like STEEP. Not for everyone. But those that really love it will most likely stick with it :).

Twisted-Karma
02-13-2017, 11:37 PM
Because its known for years that you either dont buy ubisoft games, or dont buy them on PC.

I think every single publisher out there has come under scrutiny and flame fests for one title or another, plus I bet half of them are from competitors.

E-A-X
02-13-2017, 11:39 PM
Well the thing is what you are pointing at, is like GoW4 is a console game and basicly that game is boring for PC players + its Xbox Store - like even when u got GoW4 for free by buying a GTX GPU it is unlikely to play that game cause its terrible.

Evolve had a really bad reputation for having 2K games as a publisher and the mass DLC stuff going on there, wich was more a result of a heavy pay 2 win robbery, or at least lets say it did spread that way.

And at last Ubisoft has a bad reputation for PC Gaming, more exactly for its Online Services - everyone knows that Ubisoft delivers THE worst online experience possible and they still do.
I mean ive bought the Game aswell, i know this game will frustrate me alot cuz its not working properly etc. - but the game itself is good. Its just the backend and the network connectivity pushing people away from these products.

Oh almost forgot, Rainbow Six Siege will be one of the most famous games, once Ubisoft fixes their lowskill Backend and hire new people that have a better clue how networking works - when hitregistration ingame is fixed etc etc.
Im also just waiting for Ubisoft and the developers to finaly after 5000 years step up their absolute basic knowledge and then provide proper connectivity - they announced on the latest R6 Invitational to fix thhese things, but when you look on the timeline - after 2 years they have not even brought a final result on the table for the players, wich is a terrible and slow customer experience.

Tharrisonne
02-14-2017, 12:22 AM
The game isn't even released in most places yet. Give it a rest...

TanukiBAKA85
02-14-2017, 12:29 AM
The game is going to be cross-platform, so I don't even know why you are are worried.

"Though the Open Beta has ended, the ultimate cross-platform Faction War is just about to begin. So, sharpen your blades and prepare to carve out your legacy. For Honor launches February 14th, 2017."

Straight from the homepage.

Exterium
02-14-2017, 12:32 AM
The game is going to be cross-platform, so I don't even know why you are are worried.

"Though the Open Beta has ended, the ultimate cross-platform Faction War is just about to begin. So, sharpen your blades and prepare to carve out your legacy. For Honor launches February 14th, 2017."

Straight from the homepage.

That means the faction war is cross platform, not the matches.

TanukiBAKA85
02-14-2017, 12:35 AM
That means the faction war is cross platform, not the matches.

Well if thats the case I seriously doubt they are going to let the game die, especially when they have season passes. If anything I bet they will add at least cross platform with XBONE users at the very least if its not already.

Exterium
02-14-2017, 12:39 AM
I seriously doubt they are going to let the game die.

They can't care less about the game dying when people has already bought both the game and the season pass.

Exterium
02-14-2017, 12:44 AM
If the game dies, then I am sure they will address it. Heck for the division they flew people out to their studio to help them figure out how to change the game to make it more appealing. The playerbase may dwindle over time but I highly doubt this game will "die". Can't do any worse then the division, or destiny lol.

If the target is to be "at least" like the division... well, gg ubisoft.