PDA

View Full Version : Zone Attack Indicators Are Broken

nestharus
02-13-2017, 01:12 AM
Zone attack indicators are broken.

If it can fool a level 3 bot on guard 100% of the time, a bot known for blocking any incoming attack when on guard, then it's busted. I watched them move to block the fake arrow and then try to move to block the real attack but get hit every time. Unless it's supposed to be a nearly unblockable attack? All I have to do is point my stance up while hitting. This requires an immediate response to a possible overhead strike, which doesn't give enough time to respond to the zone attack.

Fibrillous
02-13-2017, 04:53 AM
Zone attack indicators are broken.
All I have to do is point my stance up while hitting.

wait what? as in you can aim your zone attack up? I thought they were always in the same direction, like a dash attack

Olikorn
02-13-2017, 05:25 AM
I noticed on the Warden it flashes on the wrong side first, which I assume is a bug.

Butler96
02-13-2017, 07:16 AM
Me and a friend tried this and both the Warden and Orochi (possibly others) can kinda break the guard system for their zone attacks. What you wanna do is switch away from the guard the zone attack uses, say left to right, then press heavy attack slightly before pressing light attack. This makes it so that your opponent sees the right side flash red first, then the zone attacks actual direction. This can be very confusing and hard to play against even when you know your opponent is doing this. I suggest just keeping your guard on the side of the zone attack if this happens often.

nestharus
02-13-2017, 10:21 AM
It's easy to say keep your guard up against zone attack, but the problem is that you tend to react to the fake arrow, so you switch out of guard to zone attack and get hit by it anyways. Atleast that's what happens to me every single time. If they spammed zone attacks, then sure. However, nobody I have played against has been stupid enough to spam it. They mix in a bunch of regular attacks and then throw in a zone attack here and there. The only things that ever hit me are the zone attacks. I literally go from full life to no life from zone attacks alone. Nothing else does any damage.

Also, nerf parry. I shouldn't be able to win by playing defensively. That is dumb. Just remove parry altogether. Parry should go away. Parry needs to be deleted from the game.

Oupyz
02-13-2017, 11:26 AM
i fell for it that much time that i thought it was intended , it's much worse than feint . when it fakes the flashes , abviously it's a bugg that i hope they will patch it up

Knight_Raime
02-13-2017, 01:11 PM
it's not a bug and it's working as intended. the character model shows the direction of the attack. and it will be that same direction every time. the indicator pops up else where to fool you. it's mean to be a mix up so the player learns the models animations as well instead of only relying on the indicator. There are many other things in this game that remove the indicator some how causing this same effect: smoke bombs, assassins lacking a guard stance, being "stunned" by kensie's and raiders pommel hit... you get the point.

samsy19
02-13-2017, 05:51 PM
I noticed on the Warden it flashes on the wrong side first, which I assume is a bug.

Same goes for the peacekeeper and oroichi. It should not exist.

Oupyz
02-13-2017, 05:54 PM
excuse me for being noobish , but i have a question , the zone attack comes from the same side always no ? warden one comes from the left , orochi's one comes the right etc etc , no ?

Funeragon
02-13-2017, 05:57 PM
Same goes for the peacekeeper and oroichi. It should not exist.

Same for everyone :)

excuse me for being noobish , but i have a question , the zone attack comes from the same side always no ? warden one comes from the left , orochi's one comes the right etc etc , no ?

Yes !