PDA

View Full Version : Stamina usage of light attacks - especially on all assassin classes

Alanthir
02-13-2017, 12:09 AM
A friend of mine and me tried it several times.
You can spam those light attacks with nearby every class. With most itīs not a problem, as they are not that fast to get through against any decent player.

Problem comes with the assassin classes (+Nobushi). Sure, the light attacks do less damage (about 3 to 5 points, so itīs not much), but they can be given out so damn fast, and they cost even less stamina, itīs really stupid.

We tried it: Peacekeeper and Orochi, both without gear, can pull out 26 light attacks in a row without running out of stamina. And those attacks are so fast, most classes will get hit even after a successful guardbreak before they can land a hit on their own. If youīre able to get out a guardbreak against a LA spammer, as they are to fast for it. So try to parry you say? They are fast than your attacks are with theirs, so good luck with it.

Sure, a LA spammer will get smashed by most good players, but be real, itīs absolutely no fun to play against them and for the beginners in the game itīs just horrible.

The stamina costs of light attacks, especially with the super fast attackers, have to be heightened by at least 15-20% to get rid of those endless spamchains.

Zywroh
02-13-2017, 02:04 AM
Your idea makes sense, it's a light attack, sure, but if it's really fast, it should cost more stamina, because generally, doing something fast takes more energy than doing the same task slowly. Either that, or slow them down, even if just a little, so they aren't completely unavoidable.

Kintoun
02-13-2017, 05:09 AM
I don't see the problem. New players will get "destroyed" by light attack spam and will realize they need to learn to block better. Sounds like a natural progression of learning how to play the game.

Also 28 light attacks is if the opponent is not blocking since being blocked drains stamina. being parried drains even more stamina.

Karma_Ghost
02-13-2017, 05:56 AM
it should cost more stamina, because generally, doing something fast takes more energy than doing the same task slowly. Key words here are "same task". A jab is faster, but takes less energy to execute than a straight. Both are punches, but the biomechanics of the movements are completely different. Same applies to fencing. Small movements of the arms and wrists take much less energy than something that requires a full drive from the legs and torso.

pongkrit03
02-13-2017, 07:53 AM
If light attack get blocked, the chain will stop but heavy can continue combo even get blocked.

That another advantage of heavy attack that you should know..

Blankhere
02-13-2017, 08:06 AM
The stamina cost is really low if the attacks never get blocked or parried. Your problem doesn't really seem to be about the stamina though. I'd recommend a shield class if you want to have a easier time dealing with them. Just be a warlord and sit there with your 3 sided block up and nobushi doesn't get in range to guard break when she spams the lights and you never get hit. I started practicing against light attack spam when I first started the game and after I could defend consistently they get stamina drained from blocks and parries so fast.

Knight_Raime
02-13-2017, 01:24 PM
I don't see the problem. If you can't handle a simple spammer than you're the problem. I'm by no means amazing at this game and even I can block/parry someone spamming light attacks. You even recognize better players won't have a problem here. so what's the problem? at best it destroys people who don't understand the basics of the game.

Aarpian2
02-13-2017, 01:47 PM
A friend of mine and me tried it several times.
You can spam those light attacks with nearby every class. With most itīs not a problem, as they are not that fast to get through against any decent player.

Problem comes with the assassin classes (+Nobushi). Sure, the light attacks do less damage (about 3 to 5 points, so itīs not much), but they can be given out so damn fast, and they cost even less stamina, itīs really stupid.

We tried it: Peacekeeper and Orochi, both without gear, can pull out 26 light attacks in a row without running out of stamina. And those attacks are so fast, most classes will get hit even after a successful guardbreak before they can land a hit on their own. If youīre able to get out a guardbreak against a LA spammer, as they are to fast for it. So try to parry you say? They are fast than your attacks are with theirs, so good luck with it.

Sure, a LA spammer will get smashed by most good players, but be real, itīs absolutely no fun to play against them and for the beginners in the game itīs just horrible.

The stamina costs of light attacks, especially with the super fast attackers, have to be heightened by at least 15-20% to get rid of those endless spamchains.

They don't do less damage, FYI. The Conqueror, Raider, Warden and Warlord all do less damage than the nobushi and assassins on light attacks