PDA

View Full Version : All this talk of Honor

forrest0755
02-12-2017, 11:52 PM
I can't speak for the Knights and Samurai, but I highly doubt the Vikings would fight with any honor. War is no place for Honor, and Elimination and Dominion are War. If you want an honorable 1 on 1 fight, then play in Duel mode. Brawls, Elimination, and Domion, are not the place to be honorable. Maybe they can add a Tourney mode where people can fight 1 on 1, and the winner advances. But in any other mode, if I see a team mate fighting someone, I will jump in and help.

kirisute
02-13-2017, 12:22 AM
If it were like a Gladiator in the arena then records suggest about 90% of them survived their fights! Also that if a mercy blow was to be given then it was carried out by a spiked hammer to the side of the head in a lot of cases. Not by the winning gladiator but by an executor!
A gladiator cemetery in turkey which has been studied suggest quite a few rules and interesting facts about gladiatorial combat!
I would suggest you get your learning from history rather than television!

Which is all by the by.
I would imagine this will end up like War of the Roses; with dedicated groups where "honourable" contests can be found and rules are followed fairly closely.

PanzerShrekonin
02-13-2017, 12:25 AM
If it were like a Gladiator in the arena then records suggest about 90% of them survived their fights! Also that if a mercy blow was to be given then it was carried out by a spiked hammer to the side of the head in a lot of cases. Not by the winning gladiator but by an executor!
A gladiator cemetery in turkey which has been studied suggest quite a few rules and interesting facts about gladiatorial combat!
I would suggest you get your learning from history rather than television!

Which is all by the by.
I would imagine this will end up like War of the Roses; with dedicated groups where "honourable" contests can be found and rules are followed fairly closely.

would really love an arena or tournament mode. Thats where I think ranked should be at anyway.

BigBossLatoya
02-13-2017, 12:26 AM
The game is FOR Honor, not WITH Honor, big difference that many many people cannot get their heads around.
Fighting for Honour, means you are rewarded, celebrated, feared, respected and glorified for your victories.
Fighting with Honour is a totally different thing.
For me the Honour / Glory gained in this game is along the lines of a Gladiator in a Roman arena.
They didn't have fair fights, they had no rules.
Think the Spartacus TV series or the Gladiator movie. The Honour / Glory was in the win, but the fighting was anything but.

This 1000 times over.

forrest0755
02-13-2017, 12:28 AM
A tourney mode would be cool. If it existed, that would be the place for honorable fights.

Father_Giliam
02-13-2017, 12:30 AM
Also of note:

Honor is a very subjective thing.

NEXTOFK1N
02-13-2017, 12:30 AM
would really love an arena or tournament mode. Thats where I think ranked should be at anyway.

That would be so tight.