PDA

View Full Version : WTF is this messy leaderboard? (Mainly Youtubers and Streamers)

YappysDaBeast
02-12-2017, 11:04 PM
https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/war-of-factions/index.aspx

The leaderboard is filled with mainly youtubers and streamers who don't even play the game? WTF is this the type of system that will be at launch?
Youtubers and streamers getting top ranks on leaderboards? Not that I care about leaderboards but it's annoying as **** knowing how bad half of them are but seem to be in top places over the none famous people who actually play games for fun and cause they are good and not only making content so they get money haha

Vulgorn
02-12-2017, 11:06 PM
I think you need to read the website more closely. That's not a leaderboard for everyone. During the pre-release stage of For Honor, Ubisoft essentially teamed up with Twitch for the War of the Factions, and assigned generals to each faction.

What you're seeing are the generals, not your every day player.

DemeDesu
02-12-2017, 11:07 PM
those leaderboards are the "generals" of the the factions which is mainly streamers or youtubers who hardly even play

i was trying to become a general myself since i plan on streaming the game and helping the community (alot more than most of the people on that leaderboard)

WTWR_Zydrate
02-12-2017, 11:08 PM
"Watch as some of gaming’s biggest personalities compete to top the War General Leaderboard."
It's specific to them.

YappysDaBeast
02-12-2017, 11:08 PM
those leaderboards are the "generals" of the the factions which is mainly streamers or youtubers who hardly even play

i was trying to become a general myself since i plan on streaming the game and helping the community (alot more than most of the people on that leaderboard)

So you have to be twitch/youtube famous to be a general? lululu

Vulgorn
02-12-2017, 11:10 PM
So you have to be twitch/youtube famous to be a general? lululu

I don't see why that's an issue. It's a completely separate thing from us. It doesn't really even affect anything. It's merely for promotional purposes.

itsPlanB
02-12-2017, 11:10 PM
While your gameplay will decide the Global War, these Generals are fighting in the spotlight to represent your Factions. Watch as some of gaming’s biggest personalities compete to top the War General Leaderboard.

Reading is Fundamental

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/war-of-factions/index.aspx

The leaderboard is filled with mainly youtubers and streamers who don't even play the game? WTF is this the type of system that will be at launch?
Youtubers and streamers getting top ranks on leaderboards? Not that I care about leaderboards but it's annoying as **** knowing how bad half of them are but seem to be in top places over the none famous people who actually play games for fun and cause they are good and not only making content so they get money haha

YappysDaBeast
02-12-2017, 11:29 PM
So why do they get special privileges over the average person?

DemeDesu
02-12-2017, 11:32 PM
While your gameplay will decide the Global War, these Generals are fighting in the spotlight to represent your Factions. Watch as some of gaming’s biggest personalities compete to top the War General Leaderboard.

Reading is Fundamental

im fine with it all apart from the fact i don't know any of them so they can't really be that "big" i also seen quite a few of them only have 500 followers or around that area on twitch so can you really consider them "gamings biggest personalities"

YappysDaBeast
02-13-2017, 12:23 AM
I understand streamers/youtubers getting early access to games for promoting the game.
But giving them extra content is rather stupid!

Egotistic_Ez
02-13-2017, 01:06 AM
I understand streamers/youtubers getting early access to games for promoting the game.
But giving them extra content is rather stupid!

They don't actually get anything. It's just advertising. For Honor gets more views with a higher twitch/youtube presence, and the streamers get more views from the For Honor community.