PDA

View Full Version : Guard Break Issues

SreyFyre
02-12-2017, 09:55 PM
I'd like to discuss guard breaking. It is used to stagger an enemy and get some hits on them, but why does it not stagger an enemy if they are starting a swing? Any time they press the attack button they are immune to guard breaks, no matter how far into the attack they are. For example, I went for a guard break on a Raider as he was bringing his axe behind him to wind up the attack, and I just bounced off of him and was killed. There should be some frames at the start of their attack that a guard break will stagger them. This raises a bigger problem with Nobushi, since the player can spam quick attack at a range and be completely immune to any guard break. This should be fixed in my opinion, to where there are a certain number of frames that you can guard break someone, but if they are already swinging, you can't. It would make more sense and make the game a lot more strategic.

SreyFyre
02-12-2017, 11:15 PM
because of balancing reasons. it doesnt cancel heavies or sidestepping though.

Yes I know, but if there were certain frames of the heavy attack that you could do it still it would be better. Like right when they start the attack.

Ryumanjisen
02-12-2017, 11:30 PM
I'd like to discuss guard breaking. It is used to stagger an enemy and get some hits on them, but why does it not stagger an enemy if they are starting a swing? Any time they press the attack button they are immune to guard breaks, no matter how far into the attack they are. For example, I went for a guard break on a Raider as he was bringing his axe behind him to wind up the attack, and I just bounced off of him and was killed. There should be some frames at the start of their attack that a guard break will stagger them. This raises a bigger problem with Nobushi, since the player can spam quick attack at a range and be completely immune to any guard break. This should be fixed in my opinion, to where there are a certain number of frames that you can guard break someone, but if they are already swinging, you can't. It would make more sense and make the game a lot more strategic.

On the contrary: that would destroy any thought of strategic gameplay. Mainly because if the guard break beats blocks AND attacks, there would be no reason to not doing it in any scenario... and everybody would be spamming guard break.

Zywroh
02-13-2017, 12:16 AM
Sorry dude! It's called Guard Break, not Attack Break! I know what you mean, but if GB was king like that, then all you'd have to do would be run in, GB, and swing for free damage.