PDA

View Full Version : What character are you going to "main" after game releases?

Mollikka_22
02-12-2017, 08:04 PM
Hey guys,

Im loving the game and everything about it.
I dont really mind about the connection problems since Im pretty sure they are working on to fix everything in time so we players can enjoy this game without any problems.
( This is still in beta phase after all)

As for my question - What class are you going to main after the game is released? Some of the classes you have played and enjoyed so far, or maybe some of the characters that are not yet published? For example Valkyrie or Lawbringer?

For myself Im going to main Shukogi for sure. Love the looks and the "idea" of the character. Huge but very slow killing machine :)

What about you?

teksuo1
02-12-2017, 08:07 PM
it would be pk is she wasn't gender locked. Probably going to be warden.

PackingMoney
02-12-2017, 08:08 PM
Hey guys,

Im loving the game and everything about it.
I dont really mind about the connection problems since Im pretty sure they are working on to fix everything in time so we players can enjoy this game without any problems.
( This is still in beta phase after all)

As for my question - What class are you going to main after the game is released? Some of the classes you have played and enjoyed so far, or maybe some of the characters that are not yet published? For example Valkyrie or Lawbringer?

For myself Im going to main Shukogi for sure. Love the looks and the "idea" of the character. Huge but very slow killing machine :)

What about you?

Will likely stay as Peacekeeper but I am also going to play some Beserker, and Lawbringer. I will also play the other characters to see if they are more suited to me than PK.

tcs1991.ts
02-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Probably a berserker. I am very interested in the valkaryie and the lawbringer.

Megane19861712
02-12-2017, 08:13 PM
Lawbringer or Warden.

Lyskir
02-12-2017, 08:28 PM
I like to main cong but hes at a weak spot in 1v1 i only use him in dominion

i guess warlord or lawbringer in 1v1 or 2v2

Tillo.
02-12-2017, 08:31 PM
PK, leveled to reputation 3 in both closed and open beta so I really like this hero. Whiners will continue whining, I get my *** kicked from to time by any hero. It's not about the hero, it's about who's using the hero. The moment you all get that maybe you'll start countering and stop crying.

skrillazoe
02-12-2017, 08:45 PM
The most underrated, Raider. I love that no one uses him.

Tr1pleG
02-12-2017, 08:46 PM
Gona main Warlord. Hes my favorite lol. What system you playing on?

Quarie_
02-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Raider or Lawbringer

Brave_Thunder
02-12-2017, 08:55 PM
After a good dozen hours of testing,I will main peacekeeper.Sorry orochi,I like too much the double blades fight.

WTWR_Zydrate
02-12-2017, 09:01 PM
I will continue playing the Warden but I hope to look into the three we didn't have access to.
I will also continue to have a side interest in Peacekeepers because I want to figure out their moveset out, but the timer on their guard ruins me every time.

ast3lan
02-12-2017, 09:07 PM
If people are all going the Japanese faction i will probably go Lawbringer.. if not i kinda like the Orochi and will roll with it.

Zv1k0
02-12-2017, 09:24 PM
I started with Orochi but was to difficult for me. So i changed to Kensei and got used to the game and now im back to Orochi. So I will probably play this 2 till rep 1 or something and then try something else, probably Nobushi. Yea, i like Samurais. :)

J4NT5A
02-12-2017, 09:30 PM
I mained raider in the closed beta but now i have only played with berserker and im pretty good with him even though i cant handle feints and deflect perfectly yet.
Probably going to stick with him in release unless valkyrie is as fun to play :)

SixKeys
02-12-2017, 09:32 PM
Warden and Raider, most likely.

Lufury
02-12-2017, 09:37 PM
30Hour straight Walkyrie :D

Zemus-
02-12-2017, 09:38 PM
I want to spend the first couple days trying the 3 final classes at launch to see if one really jumps out, I hope Lawbringer is fun for me.

If they are not I have spent the closed and open phases as Conq & Zerker and will probably level both up at a even pace. Its always smart to learn 2-3 characters if you are serious about fighting games so you have a fallback option through patches with nerfs and boosts ect..

Yefrign
02-13-2017, 12:42 AM
Hard to say, I'm kinda "Aiming" for Lawbringer but since I've yet to actually PLAY the character I have no idea what the class is like. same goes for Valkyrie. outside of the non beta classes.

if those dont mesh well with me I'm probably looking at Warden. Kensai, Nobushi or Raider. I've enjoyed those classes a fair amount during the closed and open beta's. Conc too.

PanzerShrekonin
02-13-2017, 12:44 AM
For me, I will be playing Lawbringer and the Orochi yet I will be playing for the Vikings.

I love Viking Lore, I love norse mythology, but the classes dont do it for me. Raider is fun, but meh... I dont really care too much as much as the Orochi and after seeing the lawbringer executions, I have to try him out. Dont know if ill main him but ill have to try out his kit.

Godsplitter1991
02-13-2017, 12:47 AM
Yoooooowahh!

forrest0755
02-13-2017, 12:48 AM
Raider fits my play style nicley. The quicker characters are too squishy for my taste. With Raider, you get a little forgiveness if you miss a block. And you can take down most other characters with 3 strong swings.

Nexuss94
02-13-2017, 12:51 AM
PeaceKeeper

PanzerShrekonin
02-13-2017, 12:57 AM
Raider fits my play style nicley. The quicker characters are too squishy for my taste. With Raider, you get a little forgiveness if you miss a block. And you can take down most other characters with 3 strong swings.

Bro. I love how powerful raider is. two overhead swings and then the unblockable is usuaully lights out for most.

So much fun :D

NPG_Opie
02-13-2017, 12:58 AM
As much as I love my zerker, conqueror, and Warlord, I CAN'T WAIT for Valkyrie! Not sure if I'll like her or not but seeing as how she's a mix of my favorite classes I'm thinking I will. Love the look and design overall of her character so I'm excited to try that!

Orisoll
02-13-2017, 01:00 AM
Lawbro.

Bob__Gnarly
02-13-2017, 01:12 AM
Viking faction, viking warriors.

Beserker to max, then try valkyrie and probably warlord down the line.

Klacksin
02-13-2017, 01:31 AM
it would be pk is she wasn't gender locked. Probably going to be warden.

whats the deal with gender locking anyways? Are we getting a taste of our own medicine for men dominating all aspects of warfare in human history?

TheElementZink
02-13-2017, 01:50 AM
V a l k y r i e

GoodOldSalty
02-13-2017, 02:41 AM
The Otachi is a lonely way, and it's for life."

SirKektheDank
02-13-2017, 02:46 AM
If Smite has taught me one thing, it is this: fat man OP. Gonna main the crap outta Shugoki the Broki.

DDSDevilDog
02-13-2017, 03:17 AM
I will main the Raider as of right now, but want to try the Law Bringer.

TheMalakith
02-13-2017, 03:17 AM
Lawbringer for sure!

AkenoKobayashi
02-13-2017, 03:20 AM
I will main the Orochi, but with the official release, I will play all of them so I can get Rep for all of them. I assume there will be Achievements/Trophies for getting all of them to Rep 1.

feuerundblut
02-13-2017, 03:23 AM
Peacekeeper

but I won't stick with her only. I plan to alternatively play warden, lawbringer, conqueror, valkyrie and nobushi.

Twisted-Karma
02-13-2017, 03:24 AM
Warden or Law bringer for me, some other classes i still want to try out but was unable too, I enjoyed my warden too much for the nostalgia and feel for some old famous battles.

FerretWarDance
02-13-2017, 03:58 AM
PK, even if they end up nerfing the bleed cause i dont use it anyway. i just like the speed.

CrestfallenNito
02-13-2017, 04:18 AM
I personally play the Warlord and the Nobushi. The noobs may now direct your tears towards me

Salty_Saltcreek
02-13-2017, 04:24 AM
Conqueror for me but the Law bringer looks good too. I love my shield and flail, those executions are the best.

GreyishWarden
02-13-2017, 04:28 AM
At first I was going to do Warden and Warlord, but man are the Warden's first set of feats lackluster. Definitely going to play Warlord still. Played a lot of Berserker this time around and really enjoyed him too.

MagicElmo
02-13-2017, 04:31 AM
Kensei and Conqueror. A small bit Warlord too.
Looking forward to try out the Shugoki though as well.

xRagenarockx
02-13-2017, 04:32 AM
LAWBRINGER, lol but seriously ever since he was revealed I have been wanting to play him so hes my focus. This open beta I did enjoy the warlord quite a bit and then nobushi and berzerker. However I will be focusing on mastering the lawbringer and get him to rep 10 asap

E-A-X
02-13-2017, 04:41 AM
Mhhh i guess im gonna main something cheesy, raider for dominion or sth - dunno why but i got the talent to be always unseen by my enemys, i always pop out from nowhere in perfect timing - so i guess ill be like the "THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA" kind of guy.

Nekomatsuri
02-13-2017, 04:50 AM
I'm going to stick with the Orochi since I had the most fun playing as and understanding him, though I'd probably main the Nobushi if she wasn't gender locked. I'll still happily play as her, but I always find myself going back to the Orochi after a few rounds.

However, I may end up changing my main should one of the supposed future classes catches my attention more.

Reinborn
02-13-2017, 05:00 AM
Most definitely Lawbringer. I mained Conqueror during closed beta and Warden in the open beta, I liked them both somewhat equally but Lawbringer is what I'm looking forward the most. If PK could've been male, I would also play that a lot but as a strong, independent, privileged white male I refuse to play females. :p

(/sarcasm)

Damonrodes
02-13-2017, 05:04 AM
I'm gonna main the kensei, not to many people seem to play him. Considered underpowered by alot so I can stay unknown with my tactics. He also can be used in all game modes effectively

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-13-2017, 05:06 AM
Orochi i like his move sets.

CrestfallenNito
02-13-2017, 05:06 AM
I'm gonna main the kensei, not to many people seem to play him. Considered underpowered by alot so I can stay unknown with my tactics. He also can be used in all game modes effectively

It honestly just seems as if people don't know how to play Kensei properly. Most of the ones I've fought have been complete pushovers, but every once in a while you'll run into one that actually knows how to play and it becomes a tough fight

HavocSix
02-13-2017, 05:12 AM
I'm going to share the love. I plan to have one main from each faction. I plan to pledge to the Vikings 'till Valhalla 😘🤕 but I also want to play Knights and Samurai.

Warden, Valkyrie, Shugoki

Damonrodes
02-13-2017, 05:12 AM
It honestly just seems as if people don't know how to play Kensei properly. Most of the ones I've fought have been complete pushovers, but every once in a while you'll run into one that actually knows how to play and it becomes a tough fight

I find with the kensei I really have no weakness. Sidestep attack, unblockable, faint from unblockable, fairly quick attacks for light. 78% win rate, nothing amazing bUT decent

Ex__Machina
02-13-2017, 05:30 AM
was peacekeeper in betas. she's VERY good low level. but when you get high level and everyone can easily counter your guard break, well her utility falls off

so i'll be ZERKER!!

Bob__Gnarly
02-13-2017, 06:01 AM
was peacekeeper in betas. she's VERY good low level. but when you get high level and everyone can easily counter your guard break, well her utility falls off

so i'll be ZERKER!!

What exactly does zerker bring to the table at high level?

Karma_Ghost
02-13-2017, 06:09 AM

Compared to Peacekeeper? Higher top heavy damage and I think that's it. If someone can easily counter the guard break, then his/her reaction time is plenty fast enough to counter everything berserker does.

Mathonn
02-13-2017, 06:15 AM
Probably Warden or Lawbringer, maybe Kensei. I took a Warden through Closed, and a Conq through open, as well as partially levelling just about everyone else.

Ex__Machina
02-13-2017, 06:37 AM

in 1's?

his side step is a fast attack as opposed to a side heavy with pk

his deflect is a guaranteed guard break. and his punch after guard drains stamina which can be very useful if used properly. pk's deflect is a light which is annoying since her side step attack is a heavy

his heavy are incredibly devastating and i prefer his traits for the squad based gameplay over pks

HeadCollecter14
02-13-2017, 06:46 AM
Kensei>everybody

TheD0rkoverlord
02-13-2017, 07:32 AM
I tried out Orochi, PK, and Kensei in the closed beta but then focused completely on the Orochi in the Open beta and really enjoyed that character so I believe I will main that one and wait to see what other heroes come with the game to choose a secondary hero.

Bob__Gnarly
02-13-2017, 08:37 AM
Compared to Peacekeeper? Higher top heavy damage and I think that's it. If someone can easily counter the guard break, then his/her reaction time is plenty fast enough to counter everything berserker does.

That's what I'm afraid of. At high levels against players that can block, parry & GB counter well, it just seems like my poor zerker will have a rough time in 1v1s.

in 1's?

his side step is a fast attack as opposed to a side heavy with pk

his deflect is a guaranteed guard break. and his punch after guard drains stamina which can be very useful if used properly. pk's deflect is a light which is annoying since her side step attack is a heavy

his heavy are incredibly devastating and i prefer his traits for the squad based gameplay over pks

I feel like the zerker's side step attack will be easily blocked at high levels, I already fought a few decent defensive players that could block it consistently.

The deflect is nice, but seems like high risk for low reward. It's something I'll definitely be practicing when full release drops.

His heavies are nice, but also easily blocked/parried against decent players.

Just seems like it doesn't offer all that much in the way of high skilled dueling. I'll main him nonetheless as he's fun to use and looks badass to boot and that's what counts ;)