PDA

View Full Version : Faction War: Lack of Numerical Representation

RageOvSparta
02-12-2017, 06:44 PM
We all know about putting resources into different regions. But where is any real numerical representation of each zone? And what is the meaning of the little white guy when you put resources somewhere, next to a sword or shield? Is there any benefit to having two guys there, can you put down more than two?

NONE of this is explained. As far as which region to put things in, the extremely vague percentage is.. well, vague. Knights at 51% and Samurai's at 49%, and I slop my resource down to no real representation of what I just did.

Lastly, why defend if you can just put all resources into attacking a region and pushing it forward? I wish any of this was explained. The most anything says, is "Put resource down to attack/defend." And that's it.

Some real, numerical insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ryuichir0
02-12-2017, 08:37 PM
Yes, the game is in general really thrifty with good info.
We would really need specific info about the War of factions as well as feats and gear stats.
And if they really want to push the VS Gameplay in this game it would also be good to know the frame numbers of the different moves because in it's pure core it's a fighting game.

Karma_Ghost
02-12-2017, 11:33 PM
Lastly, why defend if you can just put all resources into attacking a region and pushing it forward? I wish any of this was explained. The most anything says, is "Put resource down to attack/defend." And that's it.

Because other factions are attacking too. According to one of the tips on loading screens, isolating a region allows it to be captured uncontested. If everyone is attacking, but one faction happens to coordinate the direction of the push, said faction can circle around and cut off territory the other faction controls for a net gain and total loss for the other faction.

In theory, one faction could capture all territories around the edges of the map for total domination. Of course that requires an unrealistic level of coordination across tens of thousands of players.

Ryuichir0
02-13-2017, 04:19 AM
I'm not even sure it is possible this way.
From what we saw in the CB/OB there is extremely heavy auto balance behind the War of Factions.
That or half the player base switches faction on a daily base to save the looser.