PDA

View Full Version : Conqs can't feint...

The_Quieter
02-12-2017, 05:26 PM
...Know what else Conqs can't do?

Be parried. You cannot parry a flail. It is no more unrealistic to give them a feint than it is to let them be parried. I'm assuming that for balance reasons they ignored this little fact but it seems silly to me that they said 'you can't feint with a flail... that's realistic... but parrying a flail... totally legit'

Gethseme
02-12-2017, 05:43 PM
Teeeeeeeeechnically, they can feint. Just FYI.

Full Block Stance feints the attack. So if you attack at the same time as an opponent and dont want to trade, you can quickly tap C/DownRS to cancel the Heavy and, if fast, parry it, chain a GB, and punish with either a throw or side heavy. Or even my personal favorite, heavy, then when you see them trying to trade, C then MMB for a Shield bash mixup.

The_Quieter
02-12-2017, 07:37 PM
I know about the Full Block cancel, but the point remains.

You can't parry a flail and as you say, parry hurts them a lot.

Gethseme
02-12-2017, 07:51 PM
I agree, they shouldn't be able to be parried, just blocked, but eh. Would make the class overpowered if it was only blockable. Besides, Conqs IMHO have one of the best feints in the game. Charging Heavy attack is a feint, since you can guardbreak and light out of it. If they get close to try to GB, either light attack them or guard break. If they only stand there waiting for you to attack, change directions of your block rapidly then guard break, they often won't expect it since they're trying to change blocks to be ready for your attack.

MidnightVanilla
02-12-2017, 07:57 PM
I know about the Full Block cancel, but the point remains.

You can't parry a flail and as you say, parry hurts them a lot.

You should be able to parry their heavy, so what if its flail. Not being able to parry all those heavy attacks wouldnt be fair. If you dont like getting parried that dont use so much heavy. Not being able to feint is his trade of because he has superior heavy block. (meaning no one can chain heavy attacks on him if he blocks (this is amazing and stops kensie and others from doing their really good heavy combos. plus he is like the hardest to parry, the timing of that mace is hard to nail when you have a quicker speed when you charge it. his kit is already great, and great unblockable combo, full block, superior heavy block, unblockable bash, a knock down, and his zone clear when in revenge surrounded by enemies is amazing. Every character needs weaknesses.

The_Quieter
02-12-2017, 08:10 PM
You should be able to parry their heavy, so what if its flail. Not being able to parry all those heavy attacks wouldnt be fair. If you dont like getting parried that dont use so much heavy. Not being able to feint is his trade of because he has superior heavy block. (meaning no one can chain heavy attacks on him if he blocks (this is amazing and stops kensie and others from doing their really good heavy combos. plus he is like the hardest to parry, the timing of that mace is hard to nail when you have a quicker speed when you charge it. his kit is already great, and great unblockable combo, full block, superior heavy block, unblockable bash, a knock down, and his zone clear when in revenge surrounded by enemies is amazing. Every character needs weaknesses.

The reason Conqs can't feint has to do with realism... You can't feint with a flail, follow that to the logical conclusion... You can't parry a flail.

You really can't. The flail will simply swing around the weapon and hit you.

And Conqs are so 'amazing' that barely anybody plays them in every test :p But that's another issue.

It's like they took away feint for logical reasons then said 'screw logic' when it came to parry.