PDA

View Full Version : The Peacekeeper stab is blockable !!

Ketnet_9999
02-12-2017, 03:13 PM
Apparently all you have to do is, whatever their stance was before going for the guardbreak (upper, left or right) , that is the direction you have to block for in order to deflect the bleed. For example, if their stance was left before going for the guard break, you have to move the stick/mouse to left as the attacks come in.
Think of it like a timed parry exclusively using the right stick / mouse.

Suedomsa_Drol
02-12-2017, 04:08 PM
That's kind of annoying that you have to remember what direction they were guarding in before they attacked you especially since the stabs always come from the same angle regardless, and it means you can't block the ones from the Peacekeepers sprint grab, since they wouldn't have a guard up before grabbing you

samsy19
02-13-2017, 05:59 PM
This is a bug, not a feature i think. But hopefully they fix this and just reduce her damage instead.

Inconsistent7
02-13-2017, 07:12 PM
This literally cannot be true because assassin's have a neutral guard by default

That would mean that this is only viable if the peacekeeper conveniently put her guard up just for your benefit a moment before she GBd, and under all other circumstances it's guaranteed damage?

I find it much more likely that the peacekeepers you were playing against were simply messing up their stab timing.

I've heard from many people that you can block/parry the stabs but everyone says something different. There is no consistent solution that the community agrees on and I haven't had the chance to test it against a peacekeeper in a controlled environment myself.

DerHerbman
02-13-2017, 08:17 PM
If the attacker messing up the timing the stab will end. It*s a result of wrong timing, not a block I think! Had it happen to me, too.

TCTF_SWAT
02-13-2017, 08:20 PM
This is a bug, not a feature i think. But hopefully they fix this and just reduce her damage instead.

I don't think it's a bug. I mean why have vaired timings on the stabs then if it was a bug? What would be the point of the slowing your stabs then?

Ryuichir0
02-13-2017, 09:55 PM
This literally cannot be true because assassin's have a neutral guard by default

That would mean that this is only viable if the peacekeeper conveniently put her guard up just for your benefit a moment before she GBd, and under all other circumstances it's guaranteed damage?

I find it much more likely that the peacekeepers you were playing against were simply messing up their stab timing.

I've heard from many people that you can block/parry the stabs but everyone says something different. There is no consistent solution that the community agrees on and I haven't had the chance to test it against a peacekeeper in a controlled environment myself.
Assassins may have a neutral guard but the attack direction stays in the way of your last move or reflex block.
When you play one yourself you will notice a small white outline on the inner side of one direction arrow.
But this indicator is only visible to the assassin and not his opponent. So as defender you have to remember the last move/block of the Peacekeeper.

If the attacker messing up the timing the stab will end. It*s a result of wrong timing, not a block I think! Had it happen to me, too.
You can definitely block the stabs. As Orochi I sometime manage to block some of the stabs but not all because with Reflex Block I have to block each one with a separate block.
The PK won't get interrupted by a blocked stab but you will hear a metal cling when one of the stabs was blocked.

TCTF_SWAT
02-13-2017, 10:42 PM
Doesn't matter what type of guard you have. You have to time your blocks with the stabs.......still trying to figure that out though.

Imp-C-Bravo
02-14-2017, 08:19 AM

Incorrect. They do not have a neutral guard in this respect. The indicator is simply neutral and thereby not visible. You have to remember what direction they attack from or which direction they blocked from last time. The attack will come in from that same direction.

Waynedetta40k
02-14-2017, 08:34 AM
As defender you have to block to the bottom left always. right before the stab comes in i tested it several times...

Evgen22nd
02-14-2017, 02:22 PM
As defender you have to block to the bottom left always. right before the stab comes in i tested it several times...
Do you have to block left side as defender for all 3 PK stabs? In other words, PK guardbreaks you and you keep blocking left during all 3 stabs?
This is weird as PK hits defender's right side

Stankyfoot
02-14-2017, 02:28 PM

I don't think nerfing her potential damage is the answer, assuming of course that being able to block the shank is indeed a bug. What they should do is make the third shank techable, you can still get it but your opponent can escape, effectively nerfing your overall damage. The followup kick should be guaranteed though, making the bread and butter combo "shank, shank, kick" rather than "shank, shank, shank".

If this isn't a bug though then nerfing her damage would break her.