PDA

View Full Version : Common Unbalanced Game

thisPineapple
02-12-2017, 12:33 PM
Just another common PvP game where your hero of choice is more important than your skill.

Samurais rule with their speed and range (specially nobushi and orochi), you just need one hit to break the opponent's attack, there is still the peacekeeper from the knights that can just spam her attacks preventing you from performing yours, plus all the bleed characters that are clearly broken. Vikings seem to be most underpowered class type, although there is still the berserker which can spam his attacks like most fast hitting classes. And the common fight near ledges where you basically wrestle to see who can throw one off first, but, like most of the mechanics mentioned above, people have already gotten used to it and no longer see it as a broken mechanic at all, probably because they were looking to use them themselves.

But whatever, most of the people here will only say "git gud" or try to explain how to counter the hero, which it will be possible but totally not viable compared to the rest of the heroes that do not need a specific way to be countered. Most of the people trying to give a reason for why some of this mechanics should not be removed/nerfed are the ones that use those mechanics themselves.

Every hero can be countered, but if certain heroes take more skill to be countered and less skill to be used, that is an indicator of bad balancing. I wish I could believe the game would be balanced at release, but unless the release date is delayed I'm afraid I cannot believe that.:nonchalance:
*I apologize for my english.*

Blankhere
02-12-2017, 01:28 PM
If i played dominion 4v4 where most of the people just play the longest ranged light hitters, i would make the same post lol. The truth is in 1v1 the game is the exact opposite where countering is the easier option and which is why the heroes with the shields were complained about so much.

Stankyfoot
02-12-2017, 01:57 PM
This is the most balanced PVP game I've every played, people like you need to just shut up and git gud. Its the ****ing BETA for ****s sake, there hasn't been enough time to determine who is and who isn't OP. Its the same reason that Bastion was nerfed into the ground during the Beta, its because plebs didn't know how to counter him, even though he was one of the weakest heros.

I do NOT want to see For Honor go down that path. They should barely touch the character balance till the second month or so.

EDIT: Also, obviously theres going to be harder and easier heroes to use, I can't think of any MOBA or fighting game that hasn't purposefully made certain characters harder to play than others.

Kav0rk4
02-12-2017, 02:49 PM
Just another common PvP game where your hero of choice is more important than your skill.

Samurais rule with their speed and range (specially nobushi and orochi), you just need one hit to break the opponent's attack, there is still the peacekeeper from the knights that can just spam her attacks preventing you from performing yours, plus all the bleed characters that are clearly broken. Vikings seem to be most underpowered class type, although there is still the berserker which can spam his attacks like most fast hitting classes. And the common fight near ledges where you basically wrestle to see who can throw one off first, but, like most of the mechanics mentioned above, people have already gotten used to it and no longer see it as a broken mechanic at all, probably because they were looking to use them themselves.

But whatever, most of the people here will only say "git gud" or try to explain how to counter the hero, which it will be possible but totally not viable compared to the rest of the heroes that do not need a specific way to be countered. Most of the people trying to give a reason for why some of this mechanics should not be removed/nerfed are the ones that use those mechanics themselves.

Every hero can be countered, but if certain heroes take more skill to be countered and less skill to be used, that is an indicator of bad balancing. I wish I could believe the game would be balanced at release, but unless the release date is delayed I'm afraid I cannot believe that.:nonchalance:

So basically everyone is overpowered?

Guard breaking off ledges used to be overpowered but now is not because people got used to it? Are you serious mate?

You need to learn how to parry + punish first of all (PROTIP: Using guardbreak after a successful parry is almost always a guaranteed hit)

Certain heroes take more skill to be countered and less skill to be used has NOTHING to do with balancing. That's called certain heroes being easier and harder to play (you literally have this displayed when picking a hero..).

Seriously, stop whining and realize that you're losing because you're making mistakes, then improve upon them and get better.

TheHonorVampire
02-12-2017, 02:54 PM

Don't apologize for your english man. Save it for your stupidity. You need a ton of it.