PDA

View Full Version : no mapping for controller? guard break/block.

Chrisad3r
02-12-2017, 09:38 AM
I'm finding it kinda difficult to use my right hand thumb to switch between blocking functions and taking it off the block joystick in order to guard break/counter guard break with X. it won't let me remap the guard break into a button that lets me maintain the ability to block and guard break like my buddy can on his keyboard and mouse. Any have a work around for this or a setting change im not aware of other than being a controller pleb? I'd like to be able to click the right joystick to guard break so my thumb never leaves the button but the game wont let me change it?

THEPH0NECOMPANY
02-12-2017, 09:46 AM
I actually had a similar idea, but now there is no way to map the controller as far as i know but im on console.....
Was actually going to map GB to LB orders to Y and emotes to X
Hopefully the devs see this or it is already in the core game

Chrisad3r
02-12-2017, 09:55 AM
on top of that, after you hit X to try and guard break in time, you have to move your thumb back to the joystick and then move the joystick nearly 80% in the direction for it to register the direction. its almost like playing with a slight slight lagg or delay on all your guard break/block sequences (considering everyone is spamming guard break into light or heavy attacks).

JeeNiNe
02-12-2017, 12:30 PM
Yes, you are at a clear disavantage on console because of the guard break being mapped at the wrong place. you cant both reaction block and reaction counter guard break with the current layout, you have to remap X on xb1 and square on ps4 to LB or L1

another good layout would be
Heavies to LB / L1
Lights to RT / R2
Guard break to RB / R1

honestly anyone with an xb1 elite controller of a scuff is laughing at this thread, its a must for this game if you re trying to go hard on console, remap guard break on a paddle.
*and fyi the xb1 elite controller is not durable, mine broke in 4 months from normal use

AciD.StreaM
02-13-2017, 02:02 AM
So true! Playing with joystick demands so much of you. IMHO. With one finger you suppose to Dodges, Cancels, GBs, Blocks and attacks.

I'm thnking move to keyboard, cause is too much disadvantage.

Chrisad3r
02-13-2017, 03:03 AM
the issue being mostly the fact that i play on pc and i can't remap the controller at all.