PDA

View Full Version : Warlord headbutt

THEGODLYNESS
02-12-2017, 07:15 AM
So just faced a warlord in brawl and it was quite a thing.
I had no idea head butt costs the warlord no stamina and he can just spam it endlessly.

Its funny and stupid to warch him endlessly head butt my partner why his partner attacks. Costs him no stamina but drains. Seems odd.

Butler96
02-13-2017, 07:27 AM
I agree, specially when you add in the fact that he can get a free light attack with every headbutt that hits. If you aren't quick enough to get out of his way, or unable to because you are fighting in a narrow space, you are doomed to a pretty slow death usually.

Neviathan-
02-13-2017, 09:23 AM
It seems like a mistake, even a feint costs stamina so a headbutt charge should definitely cost stamina.

EetDrinkBeBerry
02-13-2017, 02:41 PM
It does cost stamina, and you can dodge it.

SpazzMaticuz
02-13-2017, 04:15 PM
That tiny scratch you can light attack deals no damage, raider, conq and such regenerate their health to that point so warlord has to hit 3 headbutts and follow it up with 3 unblockable "light" attacks. He has no offense.

THEGODLYNESS
02-13-2017, 05:23 PM
It does cost stamina, and you can dodge it.

Try dodging it when locked onto his partner. It cost 5 stam and is fully regened before the head butt is finished. So it costs nothing. But it does drain your opponents stam.

The guy never did the stab. He was full troll mode. Just head butting why his partner would poke.

VanBaal42
02-13-2017, 07:54 PM
Try dodging it when locked onto his partner. It cost 5 stam and is fully regened before the head butt is finished. So it costs nothing. But it does drain your opponents stam.

The guy never did the stab. He was full troll mode. Just head butting why his partner would poke.

Afte the CB it should cost 15 stamina and drain 20 stamina from the opponent.

TCTF_SWAT
02-14-2017, 01:15 AM
Conqs shield bash does the same thing. Costs the same as well.

Saitoh514
02-14-2017, 05:00 AM
Conqs shield bash does the same thing. Costs the same as well.

Except that the Conquerer shield bash is significantly slower and you get no free followup hit unless you are already mid combo and even that is not 100% guaranteed. The headbutt is just way too fast basically and gives a free light hit out of nowhere. You can do nothing but take the hit or dodge backwards only. It also costs next to nothing compared to the Conquerer shield bash.

TCTF_SWAT
02-14-2017, 05:12 AM
Well ok.

Eji1700
02-14-2017, 05:42 AM
Except that the Conquerer shield bash is significantly slower and you get no free followup hit unless you are already mid combo and even that is not 100% guaranteed. The headbutt is just way too fast basically and gives a free light hit out of nowhere. You can do nothing but take the hit or dodge backwards only. It also costs next to nothing compared to the Conquerer shield bash.

He has 3 shield bashes, 2 with followups as long as the game doesn't get wonky on range (terrain can screw it up).

The first is the quick one done out of dodge. It cannot wall splat and gives you no followup.

The second one is the one done after any heavy or during all guard stance. This one is always dodgeable to the sides barring space issues and will wall splat for a free heavy hit. In the open it only leads to a free light (again as long as the terrain doesn't screw it up).

The 3rd is the sprinting one which is very easy to dodge left or right (and punish), and leads to a knockdown with a free heavy on hit.

Pariah695
02-14-2017, 06:06 AM
The main thing is that the Warlord's headbutt is unblockable and in my experience it seems unreactable, and the hitbox is wonky. Even when dodging it I get hit sometimes. It's basically one of the best moves in the game. Its very presence gets you scared and causes false reads and dodges that can be punished with GB. Everyone should get something like this.

Bobola
02-14-2017, 11:07 AM
Everyone should get something like this.

Yeah sure. Just as everyone should get the speed of the Orochi, bleed of the Peacekeeper, unblockable zone attack of the Raider, infinite chain of the Berserker and so on. Then we will have perfectly balanced 12 characters that are basically the same. Warlord is my main character (and it was nerfed already after closed beta) and I died many times because of Conqueror shildbash>attack>shieldbash, Raider throws, Peacekeeper bleed-stabs, Wardens shoulderbash>attack combo. What I'm doing (because it's unfinished process) is to practice counter moves to all those attacks instead of complaining and calling for nerfs everytime someone beats me with a single combo. Seriously If you have any doubts about a character being OP look at how popular it actually is. I can see crowds of Assassins (at least 2 or more in every team in every 4vs4 match). Heavies, Vanguards are way less popular.

Saeryf
02-15-2017, 12:31 AM
Everyone currently has "bleed of the Peacekeeper" because it only bleeds on the first stab at the moment, which is less than her light attack damage. Lol. Can't wait for that to be bug-fixed. -_-