PDA

View Full Version : Blocking after getting hit once with orochi?

Sectric Fox
02-12-2017, 02:25 AM
So I've been playing in the past 3 playtests and have mostly been playing warden, so I decided to reach out more this time around and try playing the Orochi, and there was some odd stuff I noticed with blocking. As warden, when a berserker would start his light chain, I would be able to block the attacks after getting hit if I adjusted my guard properly. However, playing as the orochi, I have constantly been getting hit by 6+ light attacks in a row despite aiming my guard in the right direction. As warden I was also able to parry after the first hit, but my attempts to do the same with orochi have always failed.

Does the orochi suffer more knockback, making the hits guaranteed? or is there a specific timing as to which you have to adjust your guard due to his guard being a reflex type? or is it possibly something else that I'm not doing correctly?

I'm pretty new to Orochi and only know the full moveset, but not always how to utilize it, so if you have any tips that newcomers to the character wouldnt know I'd love to hear it. Thanks for the help!

TCTF_SWAT
02-12-2017, 02:36 AM
The defense reflex (the guard) lasts approximately 1 second. Shouldn't be any different then normal guards other then well...it lasts roughly 1 second.

Ryuichir0
02-12-2017, 07:34 AM
Not only do reflex blocks (which all assassins have) run out after ~1 second they also end when you are staggered no matter how short.
So in the case of blocking a Berserker you have to block each single hit because your block doesn't interrupt the chain but each of his hits ends you block. Also when you block while staggered it looks like the block is canceled immediately, this may be lag/ping related but could also be intended.

This is rarely relevant because most classes won't hit you twice in under a second but makes fighting Berserkers with reaction block a bit annoying.

PhotoMadness
02-12-2017, 11:02 AM
I play nothing but the orochi i understand what you're saying but, the warden and orochi two different play styles you can't expect to own with the warden then play orochi use the same tactics.

Orochi there fast and have good stam and recovery weapon damage not so good, so you need to get in there do 1 or 2 hits get out there on your 2nd hit unlock and dark souls roll your butt out of the way.

Timing is everything.