PDA

View Full Version : staggering time and multiple hits

Devil_Sparda
02-11-2017, 08:54 PM
hi guys, i need a clarification:
i m trying to improve my defense skill, but there are some mechanics i can t simply understand, cause sometime happens a thing, other times, another

when you are hit once during a chain of attacks by your opponent, can you react after it and parry/block the next incoming attack??
because quite often, after someone hits me, i can t parry/block the second attack nor the second ( sometimes), but other times, when I hit somebody ( expecially the shielded ), they can block/parry my next attack

and an additional question: i have 14 ms of ping during a speed test, donno how much it is during a game, but seems quite often, that i can t change my guard ( could be releated to my previews question). What i mean is: is it my impression, or sometimes the guard needs more time before change direction ?
and for more time i mean fractions of second of course, not one second for example, cause in that case i could recognize the lag ofc
expecially during a multiple hits combo, i feel pretty defensless

regards

SethUnleashed
02-11-2017, 09:08 PM
almost every action in the game has either recovery- or stagger-frames tied to it during which you cant queue another action (neither defensive nor offensive).

some of those windows are larger than others depending on a variety of factors which would take too long to list all :)

in general: after you get blocked, most classes are staggered long enough to get hit by a light attack.

about the guard-changing i cant say much... it boils down to reaction time. i like to blame the latency too when i fail to block the right direction, but its mostly just me being too slow

Devil_Sparda
02-12-2017, 10:21 AM
so, for example, the berserker chain. I was playing a mirror yesterday. Couldn t understand why when i hit him, he can block/parry the second attack, while i couldn t
( light, heavy combo)

SethUnleashed
02-12-2017, 10:45 AM
as the information on the situation is very lacking i'd say its either a lag problem or a reaction-time problem on your end.

ProfessorCookie
02-12-2017, 03:53 PM
Do know that berserker is "Unique" to my knowledge when it comes to block. It literally runs out, so after blocking or being hit, you need to re-block in that direction or if the timer of the block runs out.

You see that by seeing the "White" bar when you switch stance, and after a second or two it starts turning black.

Could be that. I know myself has gotten ****ed by it