PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Attack(Abilities) Range.(Conqueror related)

ExSiNz
02-11-2017, 06:08 PM
Hello everyone I am not ranting just pointing out facts that did happen to me in-game and I wanted your point of view/your info on this.

I mostly play the Nobushi and recently I faced a few really good conquerors who we're spamming the same combo over and over. (On some maps this combo cannot be dodged side ways, Yes i am looking at you mister wooden bridge). It went like this. Either Light or Heavy into shield bash into free-light (Cannot block it with the nobushi at least) into guardbreak into free-light into shield bash into free-light into guardbreak into free-light.

I had a few question about that combo that can be repeated 5 times before exhaustion. First of all, What is the range on the shield bash? For your info, A forward dash light attack from the nobushi has less range than it, Also the sprint light attack range of the nobushi is also lower than the shield bash (Imo a spear in real life has 2 to 3 times the range of a shield bash....) So the Shield bash range must be around 4.5m or even 5m? (Ain't that a bit to much?).

Also is there any way for a Nobushi to counter the Shield bash (other than sidesteps) I have tried light attack, Backward light attack, Heavy's. Even Hidden Stance couldn't dodge it. It seems that if you can't dodge it sideways there is no counter play to the Conqueror's shield bash and sadly some maps does not let you dodge sideways( Yes still lookin at you wooden bridge) I have tried all the above counter option at least 10 to 20 times each.

I am not asking for a nerf what so ever, I am just wondering if you guys got another trick I have not seen or tried yet, Or if you guys felt the same way as I did?

Also lets consider they nerfed both the Warlord and Peacekeeper long range ability pretty hard this patch, I remember Warlord Heabutt range was also bigger than Nobushi's spear. I am sorry if I am repeating myself but in real life, spear holder had more range than any other Warrior, therefor Shield bash, Jump Attack, Sprint Attack, Headbutt, etc should all have less range than a Spear.

Thanks for reading all this, and also let me know what you think!

randomjoe123
02-11-2017, 09:02 PM
Hidden Stance dodges everything. It's super funny when a raider does his running grab, and you hidden stance it. It looks like he runs into you and just fails to grab you and bounces off. It's just knowing the timing.

Nobushi side dodges are... not great, and the shield bash is really fast and has really quick recovery. It's hard to punish, especially in combo sequence. If he is doing it from neutral you can dodge it.

Overall I would say just play Nobushi the way you are supposed to and keep the conq away from you. If he is far away when he tries to shield bash you and you just do a light attack, you should interrupt it. If he's close you won't have as much time. Nobushi is long range light all day :). She is one of the few chars I would recommend not playing reactively, because you need your opponent to be scared of coming close to you as much as possible. Poke poke poke.

ExSiNz
02-11-2017, 10:07 PM
Hidden Stance dodges everything. It's super funny when a raider does his running grab, and you hidden stance it. It looks like he runs into you and just fails to grab you and bounces off. It's just knowing the timing.

Nobushi side dodges are... not great, and the shield bash is really fast and has really quick recovery. It's hard to punish, especially in combo sequence. If he is doing it from neutral you can dodge it.

Overall I would say just play Nobushi the way you are supposed to and keep the conq away from you. If he is far away when he tries to shield bash you and you just do a light attack, you should interrupt it. If he's close you won't have as much time. Nobushi is long range light all day :). She is one of the few chars I would recommend not playing reactively, because you need your opponent to be scared of coming close to you as much as possible. Poke poke poke.

Thing is in the testing I did earlier, Every time I did hit the Conqueror Shield Bash during his running animation, He got hit, took the damage but still finished the animation and bashed me, putting me off-balance and giving him a free hit into a free guard-break (Since it seems that you cant counter guardbreak when you are still recovering from off-balance, I usually counter most guardbreak attempt and failed every single time after that combo...) Also if youd read my wall text I told you I kept myself at least at 6 meters away from him, All he had to do is do his shield bash and he jumped right on me whilst my spear cant hit him (even if it does he just continue and goes trough)