PDA

View Full Version : R6 will not launch; customer support extremely poor

LikeAFiddle
02-11-2017, 04:31 PM
Hi, I just got R6 Siege gifted to me on steam yesterday from a friend, and when I try to launch it, it will not go past the startup logo, and simply crashes to desktop with nor error message. I have tried every solution I could think of or have found and nothing works. I can give more details on all the methods I have tried if need be, but I have tried basically everything, and even used a friend's uplay account to try the version just for uplay, and it still will not work.
The customer support website also will not work at all for these past few days, will not let me submit an email or get into a chat. I also message the facebook support page, and this issue is too specific and wide-ranging for a phone call to be effective. This is almost unacceptable, not a single outlet I can turn to besides this forum which is filled with other unanswered questions, and I would have already refunded the game for my friend days ago if I didn't want to figure out what the problem is so much. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this has been quite the annoying foray into attempting to have fun with friends, ruined by a poorly performing product and website.

SoManyDeads
02-11-2017, 05:38 PM
It sounds as if BE is closing your game because it has found a blacklisted program (at least to me it does). Try closing down active background processes like sweetFX, Autohotkey, VMware or anything that may affect the game performance.

LikeAFiddle
02-11-2017, 06:15 PM
If that is so, do you have an idea where I can find a list of programs that might interfere with it? I tried closing a few (f.lux, CCleaner, Afterburner, etc) but it didn't work still, and I also do not get any error messages, it simply loads up to the splash screen with five guys busting through a wall, attempts to go to fullscreen or windowed (whichever I have it set to) and immediately closes.
Here's what it looks like: https://gyazo.com/ecd322b2a38226f1686eb412c9c19133