PDA

View Full Version : Guard Breaks need to be toned down.

Tharrisonne
02-11-2017, 10:25 AM
Title, simple as that. Guard breaks are far too effective for how impossible they are to counter, especially considering how easy they are to use to instantly kill enemies, get guarunteed comboes, etc. Would giving us an extra few frames really hurt that much? It would contribute to shutting down the rampant Peacekeeper and Warlord plague we've got, and it would give characters like Conqueror more of a chance at being competitive.

OxelAF
02-11-2017, 01:33 PM
I don't really support your opinion as I have multiple people being able to counter my guard break almost perfectly every time. It all comes down to muscle memory and reaction time. Take some time to actually practice in the reaction to a guard break and you too will be able to deal with those pesky PKs and glorious warlords. (I mostly play Warlord myself)

Egotistic_Ez
02-11-2017, 01:52 PM
Considering how godly defense is in this game normal gbs are fine. The warlord shield push is a little cheesy though.

Biocoast
02-11-2017, 01:52 PM
Guardbreaks are anything but hard to counter...

DetectiveRadar
02-11-2017, 01:57 PM
Guardbreaks are anything but hard to counter...

i suspect the people complaining about this are dealing with lag since it's P2P and not dedicated servers. i've noticed the game doesn't always function properly.

Biocoast
02-11-2017, 02:01 PM
i suspect the people complaining about this are dealing with lag since it's P2P and not dedicated servers. i've noticed the game doesn't always function properly.

That might be, but that is another problem with the game, not fault of the mechanic. Even though i believe many just fail to actually just counter it and are not just lagging, been looking at many streams and seems like they don't have any problems.

More likely a git gud issue.

TheHonorVampire
02-11-2017, 02:07 PM
Title, simple as that. Guard breaks are far too effective for how impossible they are to counter, especially considering how easy they are to use to instantly kill enemies, get guarunteed comboes, etc. Would giving us an extra few frames really hurt that much? It would contribute to shutting down the rampant Peacekeeper and Warlord plague we've got, and it would give characters like Conqueror more of a chance at being competitive.

Nope. Counter windows are meant to be small. Your reactions are just too slow to pull it off. Instead of complaining I suggest you spend your time practising if you want to get better.