PDA

View Full Version : Please help - how to deflect GuardBreak

HiTeHa
02-11-2017, 07:05 AM
Hello,

I am new to this game and have very hard time with deflecting GuardBreak. I try to set it to different button or key, but my success rate is around 15% even when I try to deflect it at the beggining / middle / end of the animation (with red icon).

Almost 50% maps have places where you get easy kill someone throwing the enemy off the edge. I know they will try to do that but how to fight them when they start spamming GuardBreak. Yesterday I loose fight againt Warden. He (she) just use GuardBreak + hit + hit + GuardBreak + hit + hit + GuardBreak + hit + hit + GuardBreak + hit + hit ... Of course I can use dodge or try light attack but ... I am just courious .... HOW TO SUCCESSFULY DEFLECT GUARD BREAK? What's the trick? Did I need to do something else?

BTW great game!

Thanks.

TripSin.
02-11-2017, 07:31 AM
Try to anticipate when they are going to do it. You have to counter the GB early, right after they pressed the button. If you know they are going to guard break - like if you're on that ****ty bridge level, you can throw out light attacks and this should beat the GB attempt. Even heavies should beat out a GB attempt I think.

HiTeHa
02-11-2017, 09:24 AM
Try to anticipate when they are going to do it. You have to counter the GB early, right after they pressed the button. If you know they are going to guard break - like if you're on that ****ty bridge level, you can throw out light attacks and this should beat the GB attempt. Even heavies should beat out a GB attempt I think.

I tryed to counter GB early but it works only sometimes. Sometimes I deflect GB long time after! I tryed even run tutorial where you should learn deflecting GB but even there it not work for sure. As I sad ... around 15% success rate. Sometimes it work 2-3 times in a row but sometimes it not work 5 times in a row. So .. there MUST be a trick. Maybe someone know?

Thank you.

Aegaeon777
02-11-2017, 10:50 AM
I tryed to counter GB early but it works only sometimes. Sometimes I deflect GB long time after! I tryed even run tutorial where you should learn deflecting GB but even there it not work for sure. As I sad ... around 15% success rate. Sometimes it work 2-3 times in a row but sometimes it not work 5 times in a row. So .. there MUST be a trick. Maybe someone know?

Thank you.

You need to counter GB when they are about to touch you, what also helped me with counter GB is to always think about guard breaks so that you are always prepared for one, since i have been keeping that in mind i only get GB'd 9/10 times.

HiTeHa
02-11-2017, 11:23 AM
I will try to learn deflecting GB more. It lots of situations successfull GB = win.