PDA

View Full Version : Revenge Mode is ruining the game

bulks88
02-11-2017, 03:12 AM
The game has the potential to be great but revenge mode needs a nerf. It's absolutely ridiculously overpowered, and with certain armours players can literally spam revenge mode every 10 seconds. It's absolutely ridiculous that a guy in a 2v1 has the advantage because of revenge mode. It needs to either be removed or nerfed big time. It takes no skill at all to beat someone with revenge on. I'll literally be fighting people, absolutely destroying them with full health. They're 1 hit away from being killed activate revenge mode and can spam attack and kill you within seconds.

It makes absolutely no sense that a person in a 2v1 has the advantage despite being outnumbered. It's gained way too easily and way too overpowered. Players will have 1hp left activate revenge mode and become invincible. If you're getting "ganked" and outnumbered then tough luck, i dont understand the reasoning behind giving him/her the advantage. Players will literally just let you hit them on purpose so they can go into revenge mode and kill you.

It is way too overpowered, broken, gained WAY too easily and needs a major nerf. It's ruining the game, mainly dominion mode. It's complete BS that you can go from 1 hit away from being killed, to being able to kill 2/3 opponents within seconds. I'm cancelling my pre-order because of this and because once again ubisoft can't provide proper servers.

Another potential great product being ruined because of laziness and a stupidly over powered revenge mode.

This needs a major fix. It takes absolutely no skill to get into revenge mode, in fact the worse you are the more likely you are to get into OP revenge mode. If you give half a crap about your product, please address this because it is absolutely ridiculous and so damn frustrating going up against players that exploit and abuse revenge mode.

tcs1991.ts
02-11-2017, 03:16 AM
OK can I start by saying....please read what you post before you post. You said the same exact thing three different times.

Second the purpose of revenge mode is for situations when you are outnumbered. Why is it tough luck if someone is outnumbered but it isn't tough luck if they get revenge?

It is more than possible to still kill someone with revenge strategies include:
-Run till revenge is up
-dodge
-Block
-Parry

So that is 4 options you can use.

Sorry you got out played. Keep practicing.

Nexuss94
02-11-2017, 03:29 AM
so you mashed ur attack in his face got blocked because well ganking seems to be what you were doing he blocked like a pro got revenge and wiped the floor with your face & you dont like it sounds about right

L2P stop crying

Mathonn
02-11-2017, 03:30 AM
Play your advantage better. The reason revenge is OP is because greedy players don't play smart.

bulks88
02-11-2017, 03:31 AM
Let me guess, you're 2 of the many garbage players that can't fight 1 on 1 and exploit this also ? It's a joke, you go from 1 hit away from being killed to getting half health back and OP attack and defense. The player in the 2v1 should not have the advantage period, and with the armor upgrades people are doing now, you can spam revenge every 10 seconds even in 1 on 1s. It's a joke and needs a nerf

bulks88
02-11-2017, 03:34 AM
OK can I start by saying....please read what you post before you post. You said the same exact thing three different times.

Second the purpose of revenge mode is for situations when you are outnumbered. Why is it tough luck if someone is outnumbered but it isn't tough luck if they get revenge?

It is more than possible to still kill someone with revenge strategies include:
-Run till revenge is up
-dodge
-Block
-Parry

So that is 4 options you can use.

Sorry you got out played. Keep practicing.

Except players are getting revenge mode in 1 on 1s every 10 seconds now. Players have high armor that gives them revenge on injury, had a dude 1 on 1, 1 hit away from being killed twice. Activate revenge on me twice in the same duel. You're telling me that's fine and apart of the game ? It's ridiculous, needs a nerf period. No common sense or logic behind making it that OP.

Mathonn
02-11-2017, 03:35 AM
Not at all, I rarely get it active, but if you are letting it beat you when you have a number advantage it's because you're playing foolishly.

Odin305
02-11-2017, 03:37 AM
if you want to kill someone in revenge mode all you have to do is guard break...

bulks88
02-11-2017, 03:41 AM
if you want to kill someone in revenge mode all you have to do is guard break...

Except they can spam attack without being interrupted and kill you within 2-3 hits. In some cases 1 hit if you've been fighting them for a bit and took some damage, it gives bad players and losing players a random advantage. If you want to keep it in the game, sure. But nerf it, it's ridiculously OP. If a player in a 1v2 in revenge attacks, more times than not he wins the fight. The point of it was to balance it a bit when you're outnumbered. Like most new features ubisoft introduces in their games, it's ridiculously over-powered.

Too many players are exploiting it too with their gear upgrade, people will let you hit them on purpose a couple times and activate revenge mode. Gained way too easily

tcs1991.ts
02-11-2017, 03:42 AM
Except players are getting revenge mode in 1 on 1s every 10 seconds now. Players have high armor that gives them revenge on injury, had a dude 1 on 1, 1 hit away from being killed twice. Activate revenge on me twice in the same duel. You're telling me that's fine and apart of the game ? It's ridiculous, needs a nerf period. No common sense or logic behind making it that OP.

If you are gearing for revenge then you have less attack and less defense outside of revenge. They get more revenge built from blocking than anything. So if you are getting beat by someone with a revenge build you are getting out played because you aren't hitting them. I win in 1v1 against someone with revenge all the time. It doesn't make them invincible. Plus if they wanna pop it near an edge just cheese em.

tcs1991.ts
02-11-2017, 03:43 AM
Except they can spam attack without being interrupted and kill you within 2-3 hits. In some cases 1 hit if you've been fighting them for a bit and took some damage, it gives bad players and losing players a random advantage. If you want to keep it in the game, sure. But nerf it, it's ridiculously OP. If a player in a 1v2 in revenge attacks, more times than not he wins the fight. The point of it was to balance it a bit when you're outnumbered. Like most new features ubisoft introduces in their games, it's ridiculously over-powered.

Too many players are exploiting it too with their gear upgrade, people will let you hit them on purpose a couple times and activate revenge mode. Gained way too easily

So basically you aren't having fun because of revenge so you want it nerfed. So if someone doesn't like being ganked with no way of winning you think they should just suck it up?

D_cover
02-11-2017, 03:46 AM
It really isn't. I've killed loads of people that have gotten revenge mode. You simply dodge and wait for Revenge Mode to burn out then continue your attack. You must not be playing with any thought.

Only because you are ganking doesn't mean you need to stop thinking. Best way to get the advantage is position yourself correctly. one person should be defending attacks from the front while the other person attacks from the back. If they change target switch. Keep attacking from the back and swing in such a way you don't hit your partner.

Me and my crew have this thing down.

Yes I also have won 2v1 because of revenge but also because my enemies weren't using a strategy.

You can wait out revenge. Go on the defensive or break down the revenge armor by coordinating your attacks.

bulks88
02-11-2017, 03:48 AM
If you are gearing for revenge then you have less attack and less defense outside of revenge. They get more revenge built from blocking than anything. So if you are getting beat by someone with a revenge build you are getting out played because you aren't hitting them. I win in 1v1 against someone with revenge all the time. It doesn't make them invincible. Plus if they wanna pop it near an edge just cheese em.

No they don't, most people stack up on armor that builds your revenge meter by injury. That's what these players do, spam attack non-stop, keep taking damage without blocking, activate revenge mode and spam attack again. It's ridiculous. Try playing a few games now, you'll see what i mean. It wasn't until very recently that people started doing this. Some players get into revenge mode every 10 seconds, literally. No exaggeration every 10 seconds, and because they get a health buff they don't die. I'm fine with them keeping revenge mode under the condition that they nerf it. Players gain WAY too big of an advantage, doesn't make any sense and just becomes frustrating. Guys have 0 skill, just stand there taking abuse until they can pop into revenge mode and 2 hit you

xLeapingLizardx
02-11-2017, 03:50 AM
With the revenge mechanic, when you are part of the 2 in a 2v1, you don't just go in swords swinging and get an easy kill. You still have to play smart, which is great.
Any good player can block a lot of attacks coming from a lot of directions.
So if you are in 2v1ing someone try things like this: Unblockables, guard breaks, charges, and FEINTS. Feinting while you are 2v1ing someone is something I have recently discovered and it is nasty, especially if you are the one who the lone guy isn't locked onto. Think about it: Every time you attack from outside their lock on it shows a red line indicator. If you constantly feint, that will play some serious mind games with the lone guy while he still has to fight the guy he is actually locked onto.
Last tip: If the lone guy does gain revenge, who ever he is locked onto needs to go on the defensive while the guy outside of his lock on chunks away at him while the revenged guy tries to go ham on the other guy. (That sounds weird trying to explain it)
All in all: Revenge mode is perfectly fine when in outnumbered scenarios.

However! Like I have said in another thread the fact that it can proc in a 1v1 fight is completely ridiculous! It was put in the game just so people can survive or win outnumbered scenarios. So it has no place in a 1v1 fight...

bulks88
02-11-2017, 03:52 AM
So basically you aren't having fun because of revenge so you want it nerfed. So if someone doesn't like being ganked with no way of winning you think they should just suck it up?

NERF it ? What part don't you get about that. It's too OP. Keep revenge mode if you want, a random suggestion. Maybe instead of making them have godlike strength, only increase their D and HP. Or decrease the amount they get buffed by, because it's clearly way too high right now. It's stupid how fast a player in revenge can kill an enemy team. Even stupider how fast some players are able to gain it.

bulks88
02-11-2017, 03:55 AM
With the revenge mechanic, when you are part of the 2 in a 2v1, you don't just go in swords swinging and get an easy kill. You still have to play smart, which is great.
Any good player can block a lot of attacks coming from a lot of directions.
So if you are in 2v1ing someone try things like this: Unblockables, guard breaks, charges, and FEINTS. Feinting while you are 2v1ing someone is something I have recently discovered and it is nasty, especially if you are the one who the lone guy isn't locked onto. Think about it: Every time you attack from outside their lock on it shows a red line indicator. If you constantly feint, that will play some serious mind games with the lone guy while he still has to fight the guy he is actually locked onto.
Last tip: If the lone guy does gain revenge, who ever he is locked onto needs to go on the defensive while the guy outside of his lock on chunks away at him while the revenged guy tries to go ham on the other guy. (That sounds weird trying to explain it)
All in all: Revenge mode is perfectly fine when in outnumbered scenarios.

However! Like I have said in another thread the fact that it can proc in a 1v1 fight is completely ridiculous! It was put in the game just so people can survive or win outnumbered scenarios. So it has no place in a 1v1 fight...

All that is really helpful (not being sarcastic) but the most annoying part of it is how high damage you can do. If a player is in revenge mode, chances are you've been fighting him for a bit and have taken a bit damage. That player can spam attack and kill you in 1-2 hits. That's my concern. Not so much how you go about attacking them, but how ridiculously overpowered they are on attack.

The Painkiller
02-11-2017, 03:58 AM
I agree. The Revenge mode is way to easy to earn. Needs to be toned down. I rarely die from it because I get out while it's active. But it is very easy to block 4-5 Strikes and activate it.

Vakris_One
02-11-2017, 04:02 AM
Oh boy, another one of these "I'm cancelling my pre-order" because I threw my toys out of the pram. Man, some of you guys would decide not to buy this game based on if a fly landed in your soup. Good grief... first world problems eh ;)

If it's possible to create a revenge armour build that lets you activate revenge in a 1v1 then they should definitely tone it down for 1v1s. Revenge mode exists in order to give a player in a 2v1 and 3v1 a fighting chance. Not to mention it is hilarious to whup unskilled gankers in this game, it really is :D

Now without revenge mode it'll just be a dumb rofl stomp and the game will degenerate into a no skill gankers paradise - see Dark Souls 3. Having revenge mode makes you think twice about going for the easy gank fest, it gives the game some strategy rather than a mindless clustetruck that favours numbers over skills. The game's called For Honor if you haven't noticed - and oh look! They have a mechanic that penalises the dishonourable acts. Shocking. Truly shocking...

My advice: if you're finding it hard to kill people in a 2v1 or 3v1 then may I suggest you either get good or just don't gank people until you know how to win at it. Currently if players activate revenge mode against you in a 1v1 be smart and run away till their revenge runs out or be brave and block and parry their hits until it runs out. The game gives you options for every situation: learn them, use them. Be happy :)

RaidoKnight
02-11-2017, 04:15 AM
Not at all, I rarely get it active, but if you are letting it beat you when you have a number advantage it's because you're playing foolishly.

play in higher levels against rang 3+ people and tell this again, they get revenge after you hit them 3 times lol, revenge is game breaking as hell, if you don't see this then you are just one of those guy who stuck in endless or you are not high enough yet (no offense tho)

bulks88
02-11-2017, 04:16 AM
Oh boy, another one of these "I'm cancelling my pre-order" because I threw my toys out of the pram. Man, some of you guys would decide not to buy this game based on if a fly landed in your soup. Good grief... first world problems eh ;)

If it's possible to create a revenge armour build that lets you activate revenge in a 1v1 then they should definitely tone it down for 1v1s. Revenge mode exists in order to give a player in a 2v1 and 3v1 a fighting chance. Not to mention it is hilarious to whup unskilled gankers in this game, it really is :D

Now without revenge mode it'll just be a dumb rofl stomp and the game will degenerate into a no skill gankers paradise - see Dark Souls 3. Having revenge mode makes you think twice about going for the easy gank fest, it gives the game some strategy rather than a mindless clustetruck that favours numbers over skills. The game's called For Honor if you haven't noticed - and oh look! They have a mechanic that penalises the dishonourable acts. Shocking. Truly shocking...

My advice: if you're finding it hard to kill people in a 2v1 or 3v1 then may I suggest you either get good or just don't gank people until you know how to win at it. Currently if players activate revenge mode against you in a 1v1 be smart and run away till their revenge runs out or be brave and block and parry their hits until it runs out. The game gives you options for every situation: learn them, use them. Be happy :)

Thanks bro, so helpful. It's literally only the dudes that abuse revenge mode to survive that are defending it. It's OP and it's not even debatable. Especially in 1v1, makes no sense that a guy can get revenge every 10 seconds. It needs a NERF big time. I'm averaging about 10-12 kills, 5-7 deaths per dominion game. I'm not terrible, not great either. But the only time i get killed is when people spam revenge, it's annoying AF.

Another new technique people are doing, they purposely go into a fight outnumbered so the game "can balance it by giving them revenge' they activate revenge and have 2-3 of their team mates gank you. 2 free easy kills, it needs a fix period.

D_cover
02-11-2017, 04:26 AM
Thanks bro, so helpful. It's literally only the dudes that abuse revenge mode to survive that are defending it. It's OP and it's not even debatable. Especially in 1v1, makes no sense that a guy can get revenge every 10 seconds. It needs a NERF big time. I'm averaging about 10-12 kills, 5-7 deaths per dominion game. I'm not terrible, not great either. But the only time i get killed is when people spam revenge, it's annoying AF.

Another new technique people are doing, they purposely go into a fight outnumbered so the game "can balance it by giving them revenge' they activate revenge and have 2-3 of their team mates gank you. 2 free easy kills, it needs a fix period.

Honestly you are the only person that have complained about this. Revenge also happens when you all gang and the person blocks. If someone took a load of damage on purpose by two people they would be dead.

When I play my main and gank someone trying to cap I enter with a daze attack and do two or three heavy attacks. If the person enters revenge I dodge and back up. Let it burn off then normally they have near enough no health. They usually run or die. Either way I cap the point. Of course if they are better I die.

Again you are the only person I've seen complain about it.

Even if they were going for Revenge armor they will be weaker on other areas. Like revenge damage.

Vakris_One
02-11-2017, 04:38 AM

No problem bro, happy to help :)

Forgive me if I'm wrong here but if his 2-3 teammates are ganking you then why don't you use revenge on them? They should be easy kills right? I mean wasn't revenge mode supposed to be an iWin button according to you?

I have yet to encounter a 1v1 in Duel, Brawl or Elimination where the guy I'm fighting and hasn't been touched by anyone else used revenge on me. If I'm getting blocked too much I either back off or go for the guardbreak. In Dominion mode there are objectives to cap and there is also space enough to move around and wait out someone's revenge meter.

Ephemiel
02-11-2017, 04:42 AM
A guy constantly getting revenge is annoying, but it's not really something that's too strong or unstoppable.

If you're 2v1 or 3v1ing the guy and he's constantly getting revenge, he should die if you simply focus him or force him to a ledge. What were the other 2 doing?

RaidoKnight
02-11-2017, 04:44 AM
A guy constantly getting revenge is annoying, but it's not really something that's too strong or unstoppable.

If you're 2v1 or 3v1ing the guy and he's constantly getting revenge, he should die if you simply focus him or force him to a ledge. What were the other 2 doing?
Sure, try this with a solid conqueror or warlord then.

Ephemiel
02-11-2017, 04:46 AM

Try that against a solid anything if the 2/3 people are actually good then. You talk as if a good Conqueror or Warlord will auto win no matter how good the others are.

Slarg232
02-11-2017, 04:46 AM

Wasn't this game always marketted as a game that "If you get caught out 2v1, you need to retreat because you stand no chance"?

Why not stick with your team instead of counting on Revenge to save you?

D_cover
02-11-2017, 04:50 AM
Wasn't this game always marketted as a game that "If you get caught out 2v1, you need to retreat because you stand no chance"?

Why not stick with your team instead of counting on Revenge to save you?

No I believe the first E3 demo showed a Warden beating two Samurai and that was without Revenge Mode

Truuce
02-11-2017, 04:51 AM
Revenge mode needs to be toned down. It's ridiculous

Vakris_One
02-11-2017, 05:04 AM
One of you get behind him. Every time he attacks hit him with the pointy end of that shiny thing your character is holding. Repeat until opponent is corpsified. Lulz are optional :)

ne171pro32
02-21-2017, 04:46 AM
Revenge mode needs work. I Cool With All The buffs. But for a character that relies on dodging and not blocking it's really hard to get. Also, the worst part is getting knocked on your ads because your enemy shouts a mighty roar. That's so stupid. If you the peace keep winning the battle then the roar and you fall over your dead.

WOR-Hunter
02-21-2017, 04:50 AM
If you don't like revenge mode then communicate with your team and switch out. Stop being so thirst for a kill and think for a change.

Out of all the things you can complain about you picked Revenge Mode? Haha! You must be a noob.

T_Djinn_T
02-21-2017, 04:53 AM
so you mashed ur attack in his face got blocked because well ganking seems to be what you were doing he blocked like a pro got revenge and wiped the floor with your face & you dont like it sounds about right

L2P stop crying

Of course he mashed his attack. Considering with 108 gear you can hit someone ONCE in a 1v1 without them blocking and they will have revenge. But you're correct we need to L2p and stop crying because bad players like you haven't slept since release date and have 108 so you think it's a balanced mechanic

The_B0G_
02-21-2017, 05:22 AM
1v1 revenge shouldn't even charge.

Dzehenuti
02-22-2017, 04:27 PM
The game has the potential to be great but revenge mode needs a nerf. It's absolutely ridiculously overpowered, and with certain armours players can literally spam revenge mode every 10 seconds. It's absolutely ridiculous that a guy in a 2v1 has the advantage because of revenge mode. It needs to either be removed or nerfed big time. It takes no skill at all to beat someone with revenge on. I'll literally be fighting people, absolutely destroying them with full health. They're 1 hit away from being killed activate revenge mode and can spam attack and kill you within seconds.

It makes absolutely no sense that a person in a 2v1 has the advantage despite being outnumbered. It's gained way too easily and way too overpowered. Players will have 1hp left activate revenge mode and become invincible. If you're getting "ganked" and outnumbered then tough luck, i dont understand the reasoning behind giving him/her the advantage. Players will literally just let you hit them on purpose so they can go into revenge mode and kill you.

It is way too overpowered, broken, gained WAY too easily and needs a major nerf. It's ruining the game, mainly dominion mode. It's complete BS that you can go from 1 hit away from being killed, to being able to kill 2/3 opponents within seconds. I'm cancelling my pre-order because of this and because once again ubisoft can't provide proper servers.

Another potential great product being ruined because of laziness and a stupidly over powered revenge mode.

This needs a major fix. It takes absolutely no skill to get into revenge mode, in fact the worse you are the more likely you are to get into OP revenge mode. If you give half a crap about your product, please address this because it is absolutely ridiculous and so damn frustrating going up against players that exploit and abuse revenge mode.

Yea it is true. Revenge need nerf. It is absolutelly unreal !!! Revenge need a higher coold down. Players with higher reputation have revenge every 10 sec only from injury.

Duuklah
02-22-2017, 04:53 PM
Stop ganking. Problem solved.

Fool. You have no honor.

Casper5632
02-22-2017, 05:05 PM
In a 2v1 one player should be exclusively focused on disabling the enemy. If you outnumber the enemy and you arent spamming guard breaks like its christmas you are going to give the enemy revenge. As a lawbringer main in a 2v1 I exclusively spend time shoving and flipping while the other guy attacks. When you both try and attack you are going to end up in a 1v1 when they get revenge and start trading blows thanks to that shield.

Also revenge is exclusively a defensive mechanic. Complaining that it is OP when you play a character who could just escape a 2v1 instead of getting dogpiled to death is a little unfair. The big characters are going to need to kill both enemy players in a 2v1 if they are to escape with their life. Little assassins can just roll away and sprint instead of standing their ground

Jadarok
02-22-2017, 05:15 PM

L2P stop crying

It still needs a 1v1 nerf. Even with a Revenge Build, you shouldn't be getting it that fast 1v1.

Casper5632
02-22-2017, 05:20 PM
If your enemy can get revenge in a 1v1 you are playing too aggressively, and failing miserably to a point where you would have lost anyway. If you are that worried about it you should just play defensively for a little while they lose revenge. You cant just let them block twenty attacks in half a minute and expect no counterplay.

Gnarxly
02-22-2017, 05:39 PM
I find it an interesting and fun mechanics that spices things up.

Roman672
02-22-2017, 05:40 PM
Let's clarify something here. If you are doing 1v1 duel mode, you don't get armor benefits. So are you saying when your are fighting in Elimination, Skirmish, or Dominion and it's a 1v1 situation because a friend hasn't come to help yet? If that's what you're complaining about, go play duels. And if they are getting revenge mode quickly in 1v1 Duels, you're attacking a whole hell of a lot and they are blocking the **** out of you...therefore you did it to yourself at that point.

deltatchief
02-22-2017, 05:47 PM
Dodge away, keep distance until it fades. Done and done.

Eike.Kusch
02-22-2017, 05:59 PM
Revenge is a really nice feature but sometimes is really frustrating:

when you're 1 vs 1 and you're about to win and the opponent gets revenge: even if you see it and they don't use it immediatly (their icon glows), you know they're keeping it in store to interrupt the final blow and throw you down to kill you in 1 or 2 hits so you try to adapt (feinting them into using it) but most of the times, you're done even if you were about to win 5 seconds ago;
I often face people that spam revenge every 10 seconds and it's getting really annoying: quite a few times I saw berserkers litteraly slaughter 4 people by spamming revenge and spamming attacks like there's no tomrorrow, feeding his revenge, not even dodging, parrying or blocking at all. Revenge doesn't make you godly, it just gives you some more health and infinte endurance but the problem with the berserker is if they spam attacks (which are uninterruptible in revenge mode) and actually hit you, they feed their revenge even more (Revenge Attacks feats and use of the appropriate gear);
but the worse: people ganking on a guy who's on revenge are usually morrons. And that's the most frustrating part. They just spam heavy attacks and hit their teammates, don't get behind their opponent at all (guess they don't know that you can't block attacks coming from behind) and they usually run to their death while giving the guy some more revenge.

Conclusion: it's a nice feature but people need to know how to deal with it (maybe explain it in the tutorial) and I think that it doesn't have its place in 1 vs 1 (even if some of you think it's because you provoked the revenge by playing badly, getting parried, blocked or whatever, there are enough ways to punish people in 1 vs 1).

SoveRReignN
02-22-2017, 06:08 PM
There is no reason 2 players can't take down one player. Issue is the same as i have sometimes not paying attention how the guy is blocking if it's 2 of us. If he can hold of 2 players at once he bloody deserves revenge :)

spawn10459
02-22-2017, 06:12 PM
easy fix for revenge. Cap it so it can only happen once every 60 seconds and only lasts 15 seconds. BAM problem solved.

DireNazgul
02-22-2017, 06:13 PM
Revenge mode is a part of this game. It is the only tangible defense against did-honorable players that gang up on people. Getting rid of Revenge Mode would also get rid of a large percentage of For Honor's player base.

spawn10459
02-22-2017, 06:19 PM
Revenge mode is a part of this game. It is the only tangible defense against did-honorable players that gang up on people. Getting rid of Revenge Mode would also get rid of a large percentage of For Honor's player base.

I think UBI is doing a damn good job of getting rid of the player base with out changing the game. Revenge mode is OP as **** in its current state. Great idea but poorly implemented. With out change 90% of all games will be every one in revenge mode thus making the system obsolete.

spawn10459
02-22-2017, 06:35 PM
not sure why this was posted twice.

Casper5632
02-22-2017, 06:37 PM
I have never ran into a problem with revenge mode until the ally I was fighting in a 2v1 with just went all in swinging every chance he got. You CANNOT just initiate with a basic attack in a 2v1, and if you see them get revenge from the flash you NEED to not attack at all. If you attack and they pop revenge its your own fault when you get knocked on the ground and lose half your health.

Jadarok
02-22-2017, 06:41 PM

Exactly...but it shouldn't be possible to make a "Revenge Build" That lets you activate all the time in 1v1s you are a super saiyen.

Starcanum
02-22-2017, 06:45 PM
Exactly...but it shouldn't be possible to make a "Revenge Build" That lets you activate all the time in 1v1s you are a super saiyen.

No it doesn't, it's only true if you spam attacks into their blocks/parries. Play smart and you'll counter this "build".
And yes, stop stupidly ganging up on someone in 2v1. It doesn't even require a specific revenge gear to stack revenge this way. When you're the second player, you should only go for an attack when you know it won't be blocked.

drdaniel95
02-22-2017, 06:50 PM
Intresting, how some of you mention the revenge. I've been playing this game for a week now 2-4h aday second I get home from work and house duties.

And as of today Ihave never seen anyone throw a Revenge at me in a 1on1 duel. However I have only encouterd it during gangups in dominion or eliminatio. As it have saved me and the enemy time to times. BUT revenge is limited. Play passive till it's over and it's preety much none existent. It only knocks you over if you actully use it as a hit is coming towards you for what i've noticed and hardly anyone uses it for the that. (Might knock down somone in an arms length, dont know that).

Infinite stamina is a problem? Not really considering whatever he throws at you can be avoided. And if you are ganging on someone. Have one of you ladds shoving his back and the one taking the beating at deffensive upfront wich will prolly force him to move around. The armor does not do to much other then, yes sustaining ur doom... And if you cant interupt his attack animations. Well back to step one, avoid the damage totaly. Only by HARD CCing you will he land his attacks. Wich can be avoided thus he having Revenge up. Amazing right?

I have never encounterd nor seen anyone of high skill using revenge to it's maximum so I cant really determind it's strength in its fullest. All i know is if you manage to Heavy Strike someone down with revenge. It really hurts. So let's work on not getting knocked down. And see it as a tool to scare off enemies buying some time for whatever comes next. And if u you manage to knock your enemies down. Make sure to slap em good. Cuz if not, im allmost surtain you wont kill them.

Thees is just my point of veiwe from the past few days playing vs Revenge. I think anyone with skill and reactions can manage someone with revenge up. Yes! That means you!!

Thoughts?

Starcanum
02-22-2017, 07:02 PM
Thees is just my point of veiwe from the past few days playing vs Revenge. I think anyone with skill and reactions can manage someone with revenge up. Yes! That means you!!

Oh stop it, you :)
But yea, basically casuals should git gud.

spawn10459
02-22-2017, 07:11 PM
Intresting, how some of you mention the revenge. I've been playing this game for a week now 2-4h aday second I get home from work and house duties.

And as of today Ihave never seen anyone throw a Revenge at me in a 1on1 duel. However I have only encouterd it during gangups in dominion or eliminatio. As it have saved me and the enemy time to times. BUT revenge is limited. Play passive till it's over and it's preety much none existent. It only knocks you over if you actully use it as a hit is coming towards you for what i've noticed and hardly anyone uses it for the that. (Might knock down somone in an arms length, dont know that).

Infinite stamina is a problem? Not really considering whatever he throws at you can be avoided. And if you are ganging on someone. Have one of you ladds shoving his back and the one taking the beating at deffensive upfront wich will prolly force him to move around. The armor does not do to much other then, yes sustaining ur doom... And if you cant interupt his attack animations. Well back to step one, avoid the damage totaly. Only by HARD CCing you will he land his attacks. Wich can be avoided thus he having Revenge up. Amazing right?

I have never encounterd nor seen anyone of high skill using revenge to it's maximum so I cant really determind it's strength in its fullest. All i know is if you manage to Heavy Strike someone down with revenge. It really hurts. So let's work on not getting knocked down. And see it as a tool to scare off enemies buying some time for whatever comes next. And if u you manage to knock your enemies down. Make sure to slap em good. Cuz if not, im allmost surtain you wont kill them.

Thoughts?

Play in other game modes. I can keep revenge up in dominion for about 3 min.

Karfuss
02-22-2017, 07:28 PM
For Honor needs a mechanic like Revenge because of the sheer amount of dishonorable gankers. If Revenge was removed, fast moving assassins like the Orochi and Peacekeeper will be even more overwhelming than they already are (still waiting for the beta guard break, Ubi) and will not be punished for ganging up.

With that said... I believe the Revenge gain from blocking could do with nerfing. It's far too easy for Warlords, Valks and Conqs to chain Revenge with their block in all directions, even against one opponent. It, more often that not, is their win condition in 1v1 or 2v2 duels even without gear stats. It's also overwhelming in 4v4 matches, because although you can keep going for guard breaks, one or two scrubs may continue hacking away.

MagicToker
02-22-2017, 08:17 PM
revenge needs to have no way of being obtained other than the natural way of collecting it. Building around revenge isn't healthy for the game.

Delectable_Sin
02-22-2017, 08:20 PM
Revenge is a noob mechanic that rewards people for doing bad. The funny thing is that the same baddies who complain about defense never complain about revenge, which is based entirely on defense. The reason for that is revenge caters to noobs that do bad, so of course the same people complaining about defense will love revenge.

Starcanum
02-22-2017, 08:25 PM
Revenge is a noob mechanic that rewards people for doing bad. The funny thing is that the same baddies who complain about defense never complain about revenge, which is based entirely on defense. The reason for that is revenge caters to noobs that do bad, so of course the same people complaining about defense will love revenge.

I don't normally make assumptions like these but are you on drugs? Please make some more sense. Revenge rewards people for successful blocks/parries and punishes people for an untimely attack spam. And it's also easily kited. So revenge is kind of a noob-stomping mechanic, not a noob-rewarding one.

Delectable_Sin
02-22-2017, 08:31 PM
I don't normally make assumptions like these but are you on drugs? Please make some more sense. Revenge rewards people for successful blocks/parries and punishes people for an untimely attack spam. And it's also easily kited. So revenge is kind of a noob-stomping mechanic, not a noob-rewarding one.

BS, you can build specifically to get massive revenge from taking injuries. I'm a little amazed you didn't know that...

CarnivalLaw
02-22-2017, 08:32 PM
Bump.

Revenge should be removed from the game, COMPLETELY.

Starcanum
02-22-2017, 08:35 PM
BS, you can build specifically to get massive revenge from taking injuries. I'm a little amazed you didn't know that...

Have you tested how much revenge you actually get on injury even in the "full revenge" build? I understand that Ubisoft ****ed up as always giving us these stupid bars instead of exact numbers, but it's not as much as you might think. You won't have enough hp to get your revenge bar filled if you play badly and fail to block/parry.

Allyrion8
02-22-2017, 08:38 PM
Revenge could be reduced from 1v1 if possible but I think it should stay the same from multiple targets.

People need to be careful approaching a 2/3/4v1 situation and slow their attacking as well.

I'm not really sympathetic to people who get beaten by revenge when ganking. I think it's a great mechanic to even the odds.

But on 1v1, yes it's absolutely broken if it triggers there. Only there.

Delectable_Sin
02-22-2017, 08:44 PM
Have you tested how much revenge you actually get on injury even in the "full revenge" build? I understand that Ubisoft ****ed up as always giving us these stupid bars instead of exact numbers, but it's not as much as you might think. You won't have enough hp to get your revenge bar filled if you play badly and fail to block/parry.

I absolutely have with all rare or better, and on a character that has a skill for gaining revenge, you can go into revenge mode easily 1v1 with the right build. The revenge build is the only one that is even good actually.

Starcanum
02-22-2017, 08:59 PM
I absolutely have with all rare or better, and on a character that has a skill for gaining revenge, you can go into revenge mode easily 1v1 with the right build. The revenge build is the only one that is even good actually.

If you don't count the revenge gain feat, you can't really stack full revenge in 1v1 vs a good player that won't spam attacks for you to parry. As for feats, their concept is too snowbally to count them in for 1v1s.

Toast_Addict
02-22-2017, 09:10 PM
Revenge was bad it Beta, now it just fine.

stop spamming attacks in 2v1.... you know HOW EASY IT IS TO BLOCK the second guy?!?! really easy.....

player 2 should be doing heavies attacks when he throws an attack. Player 1 should be trying to get a parry.

if they don't start thowing inf. stam. attacks, just wait LITERALLY 7 seconds and continue to 2v1 as normal.

Toast_Addict
02-22-2017, 09:17 PM
I have never ran into a problem with revenge mode until the ally I was fighting in a 2v1 with just went all in swinging every chance he got. You CANNOT just initiate with a basic attack in a 2v1, and if you see them get revenge from the flash you NEED to not attack at all. If you attack and they pop revenge its your own fault when you get knocked on the ground and lose half your health.

this is right...... If they are smart and wait for attack USE A FEINT. R2>O They pop revenge, dont knock you down, you dash backwards and wait 7 seconds before fighting again.

Lezalian_Knight
03-09-2017, 05:04 AM
I'm with the CD concept guy, I think a cooldown on revenge so it can only happen every 30 seconds or so will put an end to the spam problem.

I've fought some guys who can activate revenge, and get the gauge filled again before it wears off, just by blocking two hits and taking two more. Some get enough revenge health from their build that makes them genuinely unkillable, if there are no holes to push them into.

Also, that dragon ball z power burst upon revenge activate has to go. Granting boost to offense/defense stats is enough.

TCTF_SWAT
03-09-2017, 05:06 AM
Nah, Just retune RM attack (like seriously 96% at max!?!!? Uhhh.how abut no?) And perhaps tone down the RM defense just a touch as well.

StrilanMaikinTV
03-09-2017, 06:02 AM
OP has a point.

Play PK.
Get revenge.
Spam Zone Attack

#Profit
#Win
#NoLose
#FullToNothingIn10Seconds

Markilio_TufGong
04-04-2017, 06:03 AM
Wait so all you squares are complaining because you can't kill a player in a 2v1 or 3v1 or the whole team vs 1 player? Lmao! Learn to play, dnt complain. All I see is ganking in skirmish and Don. It's pretty sad but my Orochi wrecks scrubs instantly lol

CoyoteXStarrk
04-04-2017, 06:16 AM
Wait so all you squares are complaining because you can't kill a player in a 2v1 or 3v1 or the whole team vs 1 player? Lmao! Learn to play, dnt complain. All I see is ganking in skirmish and Don. It's pretty sad but my Orochi wrecks scrubs instantly lol

Easy to do when you have revenge.

Which is the point of the thread lol

Also are you seriously complain about getting ganked in an objective based game mode? lol

Viruletic
04-04-2017, 06:20 AM
This is where the lawbringer comes in and laughs at you plebs while he flips some golden pancakes onto the Fiery Skillet of Justice.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-04-2017, 06:27 AM
This is where the lawbringer comes in and laughs at you plebs while he flips some golden pancakes onto the Fiery Skillet of Justice.

Lawbringer along with the Raider is unanimously the most underpowered classes in the game lol

Viruletic
04-04-2017, 06:29 AM
Lawbringer along with the Raider is unanimously the most underpowered classes in the game lol

Most underpowered? Yes.
Slow and useless? Yes.
The most troll character in For Honor? Yes.

I ONLY play Lawbringer because of Long Arm.

Markilio_TufGong
04-04-2017, 06:35 AM
Easy to do when you have revenge.

Which is the point of the thread lol

Also are you seriously complain about getting ganked in an objective based game mode? lol

Me? F**k no I love when I'm outnumbered, I get that big ol Devilish grin from the Nine tailed demon fox lmao! I say to the sore losers who love ganking or outnumbering another player shouldn't complain when they get wrecked. Simple as that. Weak sauce!!!

CoyoteXStarrk
04-04-2017, 06:36 AM
Most underpowered? Yes.
Slow and useless? Yes.
The most troll character in For Honor? Yes.

I ONLY play Lawbringer because of Long Arm.

I love playing the Lawbringer. The super shoves are just plain fun

NeoLocutus
04-04-2017, 03:34 PM

Because of... well... balance? You like to gank other people, you get what you deserve. Either your supposed victim is too good to parry, or gankers are not a good at ganking. Going in and bashing the attack button won't do any good, learn to time your attacks with your teammate and learn WHEN to attack.

It is way too overpowered, broken, gained WAY too easily and needs a major nerf.

Overpowered and broken not at all. The problem imho is not that you gain revenge way too easily, it just needs some sort of cooldown. Think about it as a last resort adrenaline rush: Revenge should be used to get ONE chance to win or escape a gank and I'm pretty sure devs intended it to work like this. If you win/escape that's good, otherwise either you wait for the cooldown or... well you die :D

It takes absolutely no skill to get into revenge mode, in fact the worse you are the more likely you are to get into OP revenge mode.

No skill? XD
You get in Revenge by parrying enemy hits and being good at parrying hardly means that you have no skill :D

As I said before, also being good at ganking requires skill :D