PDA

View Full Version : Parry -> Guardbreak got cancelled?? How? (Clip included)

Kav0rk4
02-11-2017, 12:23 AM
https://clips.twitch.tv/overshot/HandsomeQuailPermaSmug

How come the Orochi could cancel my guardbreak? I parried him just before.

Anyone know what happened?

PorisumanFakku
02-11-2017, 04:14 AM
OP can you explain how to do the forward-moving guardbreak after parry?

I've been trying with Berserker pressing forward and guardbreak button after I parry but I always stay stationary, rather than moving forward, so I guardbreak air and the enemy gets a free attack on me.

DEATHSTROOOKE
02-11-2017, 09:26 AM
parrying guarantees a hit on the enemy if you parry them but i dont think it guarnetees a guardbreak. its stupid to guardbreak after a parry anyway because youre already guaranteed a hit why you tryna get another one. only time guardbreak after parry is to push off cliff.

That_Happy_Cat
02-11-2017, 09:47 AM
parrying guarantees a hit on the enemy if you parry them but i dont think it guarnetees a guardbreak. its stupid to guardbreak after a parry anyway because youre already guaranteed a hit why you tryna get another one. only time guardbreak after parry is to push off cliff.

For the much-reviled shank-shank-shank.

Shinimas
02-11-2017, 11:25 AM

Parry does guarantee a guard break, but latency and netcode make things weird sometimes. I've seen people parry Warden's crushing counter, so... yeah. Parry into GB is how you actually fight against decent people.

Kav0rk4
02-11-2017, 12:24 PM
OP can you explain how to do the forward-moving guardbreak after parry?

I've been trying with Berserker pressing forward and guardbreak button after I parry but I always stay stationary, rather than moving forward, so I guardbreak air and the enemy gets a free attack on me.

Yeah, sometimes it just doesn't work, usually if you're too far away. Especially vs Nobushi, Kensei, sometimes Conqueror.

vennstrom.
02-11-2017, 02:09 PM
I actually think there was a change there.
Yesterday evening was the first time including closed beta I saw someone tech a post parry gb, and after that it kept happening every other game.