PDA

View Full Version : need advice from a good peacekeeper.

Nein11_2Kandfun
02-11-2017, 12:05 AM
I was watching a video to help me learn peacekeeper and this guy would guardbreak stab twice then kick the person away into a combo.

I cannot figure out how to continue the combo after the kick though. If I try to charge them (because the kick puts them far away from me) by time I arrive they are recovered. If I try to just attack after the kick they are to far away. Am I missing something?

Second question. After a parry what is the best way to follow up? I find that parry puts them to far away too.

third question. Is there a secret to the dodge thing where if you dodge at the right moment you "parry" and get a free hit? I am having a very hard time doing it.

Lastly if you have any tips id appriciate them.

Calebbait
02-11-2017, 12:25 AM
I was watching a video to help me learn peacekeeper and this guy would guardbreak stab twice then kick the person away into a combo.

I cannot figure out how to continue the combo after the kick though. If I try to charge them (because the kick puts them far away from me) by time I arrive they are recovered. If I try to just attack after the kick they are to far away. Am I missing something?
While I can't be 100% sure what you're talking about, I believe you mean the guard break + two stabs + kick (preferable into a wall, backwards if possible), then do a dash-heavy attack and after the attack lands hit light attack to combo into the bleed.

Second question. After a parry what is the best way to follow up? I find that parry puts them to far away too.
You could try a dash foward then guard break, then chain into the above tactic.

third question. Is there a secret to the dodge thing where if you dodge at the right moment you "parry" and get a free hit? I am having a very hard time doing it.
When the red symbol that indicates the attackers direction flashes, that is when you go for the deflect. Though with peacekeeper, parry is better to do since it has less risk and higher reward. The deflect counter attack isn't worth it.

Lastly if you have any tips id appriciate them.
Other tips: Dash into a guard break is a great tactic since nobody expects it, also don't neglect the heavy cancels as they are also fairly useful. Light attack mix-ups are also very effective against slower opponents. Another good tips is to try and keep distance, use dash to get close and start various combos, then dash away when finished. Stay out of the distance of your enemy's attack range and you're golden.

Nein11_2Kandfun
02-11-2017, 12:56 AM
Other tips: Dash into a guard break is a great tactic since nobody expects it, also don't neglect the heavy cancels as they are also fairly useful. Light attack mix-ups are also very effective against slower opponents. Another good tips is to try and keep distance, use dash to get close and start various combos, then dash away when finished. Stay out of the distance of your enemy's attack range and you're golden.

this will be a silly question, how do you do the dash heavy attack? do you need to get out of the guard mode?

That_Happy_Cat
02-11-2017, 01:11 AM
this will be a silly question, how do you do the dash heavy attack? do you need to get out of the guard mode?

During guard mode, forward > dash/dodge > heavy attack. Basically the same as your side-dodge heavy stabs, except it's always a top and there's no invulnerability window.

Best follow-up for a Parry is usually a guardbreak, but this might not be possible against enemies with longer weapons (Nobushi basically, but sometimes the Vanguards too).

Bloodthose
02-11-2017, 01:36 AM
if you can time it right doge into there attack deflect it then hit light attack for quick bleed. then grab and stab 3 times back off wait for another opening.

That_Happy_Cat
02-11-2017, 01:41 AM
Perhaps I haven't grasped its importance yet, but I feel that dash-heavy-light is more powerful and reliable than trying to deflect-light. Or if you really feel like hitting a timing window, Parry again seems more rewarding.

Nein11_2Kandfun
02-11-2017, 03:05 AM
im starting to have trouble with people who are good at side stepping. Cant do the heavy dash because it gets side stepped every time.

The combo is starting to not work as well. not sure if im just timing it wrong or what but they either block or side step the heavy dash.

That_Happy_Cat
02-11-2017, 03:13 AM
As you say it's not difficult to counter a dash if you're looking out for it.

If they're blocking your dashes, you can try faking by dashing in (without using a heavy attack) and guardblock. If they're sidestepping it, you'll just need to get in closer and do what you do.