PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard and Mouse Combat

DLaccy
02-10-2017, 11:23 PM
I personally think that the keyboard and mouse combat system needs to be looked at and reworked heavily, there are too many times where I move the mouse to change attack direction or block and the game just does not respond or follow my movements at all, it just stays in place. either move the block and attack direction to a different control or make the mouse controls infinitely more responsive. I want to love this game but I don't have a controller and the mouse control is ruining my enjoying this game.

samsy19
02-13-2017, 06:08 PM
Happens to me a lot. Even if i increase the sensitivity all it does is make it even harder to block correctly as the area between each stance seems smaller rather than the switch time being lower.

Robbeeeen
02-13-2017, 06:16 PM
It's weird because I keep reading how unresponsive kb&m is supposed to be, yet I've had no issues with it whatsoever.

I've blocked and parried Warden zoneattacks, PK lightattack-combos, feinted failed parries to block PK lightattacks from a different direction, all without any issue.

Sometimes I do mess up, but that's due to my human error of moving the mouse, never had I once had a scenario where I could not find a mistake in mouse-movement on my part if I failed to block something.

I'd go as far as saying that kb&m is the best input device, because you need to access 6 buttons without letting go of your block-direction-changer (you need to be able to press GB, dodge, feint, lightattack, heavyattack and hiddenstance - impossible without letting go of the right analogstick, even if you rebind your controller. Unless you bind one of those to pressing a stick, which i personally hate as a bind). This is only possible with a mouse that has at least 1 extra mousebutton or some sort of fancy controller - certainly not standard xbox 360 or ps4 controllers.