PDA

View Full Version : How to fight Assassins?

Dez_troi_aR
02-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Hello, there!

I played the closed beta and put some hours into the open beta.

I never focused on "winning", i always try to learn. Rather than spamming down some noob, i want to manage some parries, predict some moves correctly etc. I only played duels and brawls 95% of the time because i felt that i learn much more than during dominions where duels rarely take place.
---> So while i know i am far from the potential the game offers, i feel i should be able to control my warden quite ok in relation to other players.

But i still dont stand a real chance against Peacekeepers and orochis... I am at a point where i feel relieved when i can fight another vanguard or a heavy. Not because i always win against them but because i feel i can "make it work".

Against the two assassins, i think it is their speed i struggle with most. I can block some stuff but i get overwhelmed fast by having to react a lot.

I want to ask two questions:

-Would you agree with me that assassins are much easier to play effectively with as a new player, due to their speed and small windows in which they can be punished ?

-Can you give me some advices how to play effectively against peacekeepers and orochi ? What distance do you keep and how do you control them ? Do you ever stand close to them and exchange fast attacks and come out on top ?

Brave_Thunder
02-10-2017, 09:50 PM
I mainly play Pk and orochi,so I will try to give an answer to your question from the assassin side.I choose to play them because I like the idea of a fast moving character,that has to do combos and parry a lot to win.Are they the easyest class?My pride tells me to negate this,but in all honestly:they are the easyest class if you spam.If you take Pk and spam light attack you can completely block heavy comboes while remaining mobile enough to avoid being caught.

On the other hand,this will work only on new players (aka will work at least for the next 2 weeks) but when you face better opponents,they become the harderst class to use,since they have so low health and so much combos to do damage.

Fighting tips:I always feel scared when I face a good raider or a good conqueror.This because I can barely parry,let alone deflect, and usually they just stun me to death.If you fight against a spammy Pk, try to learn her pattern.Avoid parry,since her attack is fast,and focus to all in her:a guard break of the warden can do some serious damage,while conq and raider have good stun abilityes to fight her.In a hit on hit battle you win,they want to hit and run to let you die from bleeding,pressure them and they'll panic (unless they are good,in this case you're probably yet dead by their deflect bleed).

Orochi is more predictable than Pk. He has a predictable dash and his light are slower and easyer to parry.Use faints against him to let him whiff a heavy and punish him.He will get a second guaranteed strike if he lands the first light,focus always on avoiding the double r2 combo,it does a lot do damage(same on pk).Note that this comes just from 8 hours in the open beta,any correction from more experienced players is welcome.Hope this helps,and good luck on battlefield ;)

Waynedetta40k
02-10-2017, 09:53 PM
-Would you agree with me that assassins are much easier to play effectively with as a new player, due to their speed and small windows in which they can be punished ?

-Can you give me some advices how to play effectively against peacekeepers and orochi ? What distance do you keep and how do you control them ? Do you ever stand close to them and exchange fast attacks and come out on top ?

Hi I play PK since CB and yes they can win easier with spam than other classes. They are less dependent on mechanical skill than other classes at low lvl.

Tipps against (low lvl) PK:

Lunge attack comes always from the top and should be countered by your supercounter thing.
Other than that I say you need to Parry and punish do not let her just guard break you. Tech GB is essential.
If she GB you try to atleast parry 1 of the 3 stabs this will take away 1 bar of dmg (It does 1 bar Bleeddmg instead of 2 if you manage to block 1)
If she starts spamming L/R and you feel your beeing overwhelmed to not try to parry block a few hits and "calm down".

Against higher level PK it will get harder because they will try to feint into guard breaks and usally will use guard breaks after they did parry to get an unblockable guardbreak.