PDA

View Full Version : Parry Broken AF

Eguzky
02-10-2017, 04:59 PM
I am about ready to ask for Greenman Gaming to give me my money back on my preorder.

Parry almost never god damn works for me!

I see UP flashing red? I hit up and Power Attack; instead of parrying, I start a delayed windup for my OWN power attack that sees me get him and 3-hit-comboed by the enemies power attack, and thus sees me dead inside of 3-4 hits.

It's like the game decides 'Yeah...no. I'm not feeling it today, you know? You die because I decided you power attacked instead of parried. Have fun getting power-comboed, getting a 0 score and earning **** all'

Hell, I tried to practice Parrying in a 1v1 with a friend and once, it said I started a Power Attack when I tried to Parry, his hit me, THEN MINE RESTARTED AND HIT HIM and no, I was not pressing buttons when it restarted.

Hell again; there have been times where I saw RIGHT flashing and derped out and hit LEFT and Power Attack..and somehow parried.

Kroma-
02-10-2017, 05:13 PM
It happened to me when i try to parry light attack, the only way i could parry was to preshot the parry frame.
Works fine for heavies tho.

Peligrad
02-10-2017, 05:27 PM
It works consistently for me. Maybe your timing isn't right.

Ymir.exe
02-10-2017, 05:51 PM
I agree. I don't look at the red icon anymore, I just hit R2 when the enemy weapon is visually about to hit me. More reliable to me anyway.

SF_JHawk373
02-10-2017, 06:37 PM
Agreed. The indicator throws me off, I time my parries and deflects off the attack animation with pretty good success. It does take practice though so don't be discouraged and keep at it. Once you find your timing it will be great.

tenshox
02-10-2017, 07:07 PM
I am about ready to ask for Greenman Gaming to give me my money back on my preorder.

I see UP flashing red? I hit up and Power Attack; instead of parrying, I start a delayed windup for my OWN power attack that sees me get him and 3-hit-comboed by the enemies power attack, and thus sees me dead inside of 3-4 hits.

It's like the game decides 'Yeah...no. I'm not feeling it today, you know? You die because I decided you power attacked instead of parried. Have fun getting power-comboed, getting a 0 score and earning **** all'

Hell, I tried to practice Parrying in a 1v1 with a friend and once, it said I started a Power Attack when I tried to Parry, his hit me, THEN MINE RESTARTED AND HIT HIM and no, I was not pressing buttons when it restarted.

Hell again; there have been times where I saw RIGHT flashing and derped out and hit LEFT and Power Attack..and somehow parried.

Wtf is wrong with people thinking to get good instantly. If you come from a fighting game background you would know how to practice and t takes "some" time to get things done.
I am playing fighting games since the late 80s early 90s and yes it takes ages to get some things down (e.g. consistently hitting 1 framers), for honor is nothing of this sort, itīs pretty easy and yet lots of fun. This generation if people playing games and expecting instant gratification is a joke and so is the whining in this forum. /end rant

SF_JHawk373
02-10-2017, 07:18 PM
Wtf is wrong with people thinking to get good instantly. If you come from a fighting game background you would know how to practice and t takes "some" time to get things done.
I am playing fighting games since the late 80s early 90s and yes it takes ages to get some things down (e.g. consistently hitting 1 framers), for honor is nothing of this sort, itīs pretty easy and yet lots of fun. This generation if people playing games and expecting instant gratification is a joke and so is the whining in this forum. /end rant

It's the millennial generation. They don't know any better.

Lord_Binz
02-10-2017, 08:17 PM

I know right. You can already predict the persons mindset when they use "AF" in the title of their thread.

It takes a lot of practice to learn advanced techniques. If parries were easy, this game would suck. Its supposed to be hard, its supposed to a skill to parry an incoming attack.

Does the OP know how long it took me to pull off an EWGF, EWGF, EWGF combo on Kazuya? (Tekken 5) Literally years of practice.

But OHHHHH ive played for honor for less than a day, parrys are sooooooo hard.

Eguzky
02-10-2017, 11:38 PM
To everyone who pointed out that it's easier if I go by animation and NOT by the games flashing indicator; thank you. I will try that.

To everyone who went 'Whaa! Whaa! Elitest garbage! Millenials! BE LIKE ME!'; screw off, you collective ponce.

TsunamiEX
02-11-2017, 06:21 AM
To everyone who pointed out that it's easier if I go by animation and NOT by the games flashing indicator; thank you. I will try that.

To everyone who went 'Whaa! Whaa! Elitest garbage! Millenials! BE LIKE ME!'; screw off, you collective ponce.

Shut the **** up you piece of ****. I will kill you in game and real life when i see you in either.

Karma_Ghost
02-11-2017, 08:37 AM
Shut the **** up you piece of ****. I will kill you in game and real life when i see you in either.

Might want to tone it down there. Ubi actually enforces the rules you agreed to in the Terms of Use that you didn't read.

DrExtrem
02-11-2017, 11:22 AM
I agree. I don't look at the red icon anymore, I just hit R2 when the enemy weapon is visually about to hit me. More reliable to me anyway.

This is good to know but bad news for the ui.

If the games feedback is useless, it needs to be removed or fixed. I would prefer a fix though.

DrExtrem
02-11-2017, 11:25 AM

No. They are simply doing, what the tutorial told them to do.

Blankhere
02-11-2017, 12:51 PM
I would recommend playing against the level 1 bot, all he does is heavy attacks and its quick to learn how to parry with him. Also I wouldn't waste time trying to parry lights.

vennstrom.
02-11-2017, 02:07 PM
Also I wouldn't waste time trying to parry lights.

don't sabotage yourself like that!
lights are precisely what you want to parry because they can't get feinted for most classes.
berserker can cancel everything, but that's a different can of worms ;)

Ymir.exe
02-11-2017, 04:06 PM
This is good to know but bad news for the ui.

If the games feedback is useless, it needs to be removed or fixed. I would prefer a fix though.

I think it might be that the blinking starts a few milliseconds before the parry window is enabled, in order to give people more time to react. But that screws over those of us with good reaction times, as we then hit R2 way too early which starts winding up an attack instead, leaving us defenseless.

Having played a metric frakton of Dark Souls, I'm not used to parry windows being this forgiving. I'm mentally trained to hit that button as quickly as humanly possible, or it'll be too late. That's something I'll have to unlearn.

Hellhound66
02-11-2017, 05:14 PM
I can confirm that broken parry system. It just works randomly and it encourages stupid predefined techniques over a good and reactive battle.
Just use one of thousand ****ing glitches or imba moves and win until you meet someone who has the better standard procedure.
Boring.

The idea of this game is awesome, but it is totally unreliable, totally unbalanced and encourages the wrong type of fighting.

For me as a real life fighter, this system is totally counter intuitive. A heavy attack comes? Close the distance! Oh well, again this useless guard breaker used or jumped forward so that his arms will hit me with 100% of the damage. Super stupid.
Okay, then block it. Well, works in 40% of all cases. Parry? works in 5% of all cases.

Nice idea, but crap realization.

And the controlling with keyboard and mouse sucks completely.

ChrisCavs11
02-11-2017, 09:01 PM
I think it might be that the blinking starts a few milliseconds before the parry window is enabled, in order to give people more time to react. But that screws over those of us with good reaction times, as we then hit R2 way too early which starts winding up an attack instead, leaving us defenseless.

Having played a metric frakton of Dark Souls, I'm not used to parry windows being this forgiving. I'm mentally trained to hit that button as quickly as humanly possible, or it'll be too late. That's something I'll have to unlearn.

This makes sense, but also sometimes the parry just doesn't work. I have practed on the parry bot for literal hours at a time, and I've never missed a single parry in any direction. Then I go into a deathmatch, and get 4-shot because I'm perfectly timing my parries and absolutely none of them go off. Then suddenly I parry when I wasn't even hitting a button, and get a kill. It's completely random, has almost nothing to do with skill at all.

Now I just dodge and attack. If you try to parry you will lose every single time. Stupid ****ing part of the combat system.

TouchFluffyTail
02-11-2017, 09:51 PM
This makes sense, but also sometimes the parry just doesn't work. I have practed on the parry bot for literal hours at a time, and I've never missed a single parry in any direction. Then I go into a deathmatch, and get 4-shot because I'm perfectly timing my parries and absolutely none of them go off. Then suddenly I parry when I wasn't even hitting a button, and get a kill. It's completely random, has almost nothing to do with skill at all.

Now I just dodge and attack. If you try to parry you will lose every single time. Stupid ****ing part of the combat system.

p2p and latency, sometimes i got hit before the animation even start or random teleporting i dont why "All region" its a thing in this game, heavy lag and p2p system are the main reason of those domino diconnects and crashes theres almost no problem when i play with my friends or randoms with a green bar but as soon someone with red latency get into the match it becomes a total crap.

Da_HalfBlood1
02-11-2017, 11:47 PM

You have to heavy attack at the right time. Timing is key. There are two indicators for when an enemy is attacking, first the indicator will turn red and then right before the attack hits you the red indicator will increase in size and become brighter. It is in that very moment when red indicator increases in size and lights up that you can land a parry. Remember, heavy attack RIGHT BEFORE the enemy hits you with the weapon and not while they are swinging the weapon. Once you get good at this you can start parrying unblockables. good luck.