PDA

View Full Version : Running is ruining the game...

BreeseUplay
02-10-2017, 01:04 PM
I get that you can run away from a fight, thats fair and square, but that you have unlimited stamina so you can run forever is no fun!
I had a 4v4 deathmatch, we are 2v1 the other ones was executed, and we just ran around for the remaining time, because we couldnt really pin him down... so boooooring and broken. plz make it when you sprint you lose stamina. Otherwise some matches is "Roadrunner" 2K17.

Davidizm
02-10-2017, 01:51 PM
I get that you can run away from a fight, thats fair and square, but that you have unlimited stamina so you can run forever is no fun!
I had a 4v4 deathmatch, we are 2v1 the other ones was executed, and we just ran around for the remaining time, because we couldnt really pin him down... so boooooring and broken. plz make it when you sprint you lose stamina. Otherwise some matches is "Roadrunner" 2K17.

I totally agree. Running is super annoying

Gray360UK
02-10-2017, 02:54 PM
Don't see them changing this much.
Have you realised, if they sprint and run out of stamina then so do you? So you still wouldn't be able to catch them?
There would be two exhausted people stumbling along like zombies, lol
There are even class perks that allow you to still sprint when out of stamina, so running is really a big thing in this game.
I think the level of frustration it creates is far bigger than the actual problem.
Realistically most fights don't end with someone running off, and you'll get many takedowns with no chasing needed.

BreeseUplay
02-10-2017, 03:13 PM
But if there is 2 then you can outsmart him. One got this way the other go the other way, and surround him, but now he just run dodge and then he can just run away again, till the clock hit 0, so it needs to be change.
They can add a sprint bar then. The system now is just so frustrating. Got more than 5 game ending like that, and this is just in the open beta.

Gray360UK
02-10-2017, 03:18 PM
I have a massive boost to Sprint Speed on my PK and the class also has a really good not locked on sprint lunge forward, very hard for anyone to get away from me.
So there are ways around it.
I've yet to see anyone run forever if intelligent people are chasing them, they can only avoid your team for so long.

DerHerbman
02-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Simple fix: Ad a quick-chat command: Run Chick, run!!

Nibs.
02-10-2017, 03:51 PM
So, 2 of you, vs 1 of them, and they ran, and ran, and ran?

Stop chaing them then. You've already won. Stick together so if they stop running and actually come to fight (doubtful) you can gang up on them. If they don't come and fight you'll win when the timer runs out.

BreeseUplay
02-10-2017, 04:10 PM
Simple fix: Ad a quick-chat command: Run Chick, run!!

I like that :D

So, 2 of you, vs 1 of them, and they ran, and ran, and ran?

Stop chaing them then. You've already won. Stick together so if they stop running and actually come to fight (doubtful) you can gang up on them. If they don't come and fight you'll win when the timer runs out.

You are totally right, but its so boring waiting on the timer

bulks88
02-11-2017, 03:17 AM
Yeah it's ridiculous, had a dude run around for 5 minutes straight at the end. Sprint - Stamina should go together, you get tired from swinging swords but can sprint non-stop like an Olympic athlete ? Makes sense. Super annoying

Prior_Heahmund
02-11-2017, 04:12 AM
I agree it is a serious problem. Instead of fighting people run, and run. They collect power ups and when they have had enough (or their bow is charged) then the fight... This is going to be a serious issue, and will kill an entire game mode.

Kazul_666
02-11-2017, 06:41 AM
I'm so thankful for the chance to TRY the game. And I really loved it until people started to figure out this trick. Now, I've read what was said, and I agree, you can "outsmart" them. But the issue I have is that it detracts from the intended gameplay, combat, I mean even the title is For Honor, traditionally there is no honor in running, lol. I am not expecting people to play honorably, that'd be impossible, but at least limiting the options would be better than this. Granted I didn't decide not to buy the game because of this one thing. The game just didn't have everything I was hoping. I still think it was great to TRY the game first. Wish this sort of beta test would catch on with other companies.

zesilo
02-11-2017, 06:53 AM
All you have to do is let the time run out if you don't have an assassin or can not out maneuver them...

ButtR8peArtist
02-11-2017, 08:27 AM
Running only ruin death match, UBI needs find a way to deal with runners, it's no fun when enemy team only has last man standing and all your teams are heavies can't chase up to him/her

That_Happy_Cat
02-11-2017, 08:34 AM
Perhaps there could be more "tools" in Deathmatch, like the trap feats except as powerups on the map to collect and deploy.

If the last enemy is running around and you outnumber them, one person could chase while the others collect and deploy traps in their path.

A bola or even lasso powerup could be fun too.

ApprentiDeMort
02-11-2017, 09:07 AM
While there are ways to deal with the issue it is very grating.

I feel a good solution might be to implement a knockdown rule: if someone is hit from behind while sprinting they get knocked down.

It makes realistic sense as you would be very off balance and it only applies to running away (hit from behind and sprinting).

Thoughts?

That_Happy_Cat
02-11-2017, 09:14 AM
While there are ways to deal with the issue it is very grating.

I feel a good solution might be to implement a knockdown rule: if someone is hit from behind while sprinting they get knocked down.

It makes realistic sense as you would be very off balance and it only applies to running away (hit from behind and sprinting).

Thoughts?

I feel like that would buff any character with the stealth feat. Ambush for free knockdown and damage. Not necessarily a bad thing but I don't think anyone thinks the assassins need buffing ATM.

Gray360UK
02-11-2017, 05:50 PM
I feel like that would buff any character with the stealth feat. Ambush for free knockdown and damage. Not necessarily a bad thing but I don't think anyone thinks the assassins need buffing ATM.

Not sure why you think this would help Assassins more than anyone else?
You know Assassins dont actually vanish right?
They still have to physically run along behind you while you are running away, the same as any other class, you just have slightly less chance to realise you are being chased, but honestly that's not a big thing.

If an Assassin is chasing you, then you need to be worrying about the fact they are about to hit you with a sprinting guard break that leads to a triple stab bleed move, not that you'll get knocked down.

To the original suggestion, it's not a bad idea, but the thing is, if you are able to hit them, then you don't have a problem. It's people running that you can't catch up to that is the problem.
Knocking them down because you hit them is slightly irrelevant because obviously in this case they are close enough for you to hit them in the first place.

Brave_Thunder
02-11-2017, 10:09 PM
I play Pk so every team loves me when I get those runners and stab them (only once for now,timing will come after some work.)I think that the speed boost is what you need to catch someone that runs.On the other hand,why they run?You know it.There's no honor in DM, I'm one of the few that respect a duel or don't attack if the enemy is yet under attack, the majority or the time if you don't run,you'll gonna fight 2-3 vs 1.How this is honorable?

TCTF_SWAT
02-11-2017, 10:23 PM
Running only ruin death match, UBI needs find a way to deal with runners, it's no fun when enemy team only has last man standing and all your teams are heavies can't chase up to him/her

Well there's part of the problem right there.

Gray360UK
02-12-2017, 01:28 AM
I'll admit I ran for nearly 2 minutes at the end of round 5 on a tied match, score at 2-2.
Why?
Because I was the last man on my team and they had 2 players left alive.
Every time I stopped to fight one of them the other arrived and they double teamed me, so I ran again.
I collected all the buffs I could.
I ran and ran until 30 seconds were left on the clock.
Then turned around and demolished both of them.
My team used the team chat function to flood the chat with 'wow!' and we won.
I can understand for them how much it had to suck to have to chase me for that long and then lose anyway, I can see them coming here to complain about running.
But for me, and my team, it was gave us a win and ended in a glorious moment that I won't soon forget.
So, thats just another perspective to look at it from.

TCTF_SWAT
02-12-2017, 01:50 AM
Team comp is important. If you're a conq or warlord for example. Or hell....even a shugoki...do you REALLY expect to catch anyone? I sure hope not. Because odds are you won't most of the time. So why to play a strength of the opponent?

Goat3_Saeko
02-12-2017, 02:11 AM

The same thing happened to me the 1st time that happen we try to chase him (he was an orochi) finally I killed him cuz I use my feat besrseker but still that take some time. Then all the other times I saw this I was just go to speed buff in the map and got him in few seconds so just think first the next time.

Gethseme
02-12-2017, 07:18 AM
Guys, there's a VERY simple counter to this if you're 2v1ing someone and the 1 is running. One person chases the 1, the other goes to one of the 2 speed boost buffs. Picks that buff up, then chases the runner with superior run speed.

With the guy chasing him, the 1 cannot stop to pick up the speed boost buff himself, and boom, it's over. Hell, the speed boosted ally can even pick up the shield and attack buffs as well to make sure that it's over to hell and back when he catches the runner. And while the buffed guy is fighting the 1 weak guy, the chaser can then go get buffs as well, then rejoin the fight and win, and switch off that way. Unless you both are really bad 1v1, you should easily win with the buffs.

Afius
02-12-2017, 11:13 PM
I honestly dislike death match because of how toxic the buffs can be used.