PDA

View Full Version : How to punish Nobushi???!

Kav0rk4
02-10-2017, 12:25 PM
How do you punish a Nobushi player? Their range is so big they can't be punished at all! If I parry their attack I can't followup with anything besides sweep attack (Playing Knight), but that does poor damage and isnt enough to finish them off at low hp. All while for every parry i receive I get punished with a heavy attack.

Not to mention their attack speed is insanely fast.

How to puinsh them for parrying??

Davidizm
02-10-2017, 01:55 PM
How do you punish a Nobushi player? Their range is so big they can't be punished at all! If I parry their attack I can't followup with anything besides sweep attack (Playing Knight), but that does poor damage and isnt enough to finish them off at low hp. All while for every parry i receive I get punished with a heavy attack.

I do an overhead light > shoulder bash combo after the parry if I'm far away. Moves me close with the warden.t depends on who you play and how far away you parry her.

Kav0rk4
02-10-2017, 02:31 PM
So the only way to punish a parry playing vs Nobushi is to get a bit closer to her?? How is that balanced?

Gray360UK
02-10-2017, 02:50 PM
So the only way to punish a parry playing vs Nobushi is to get a bit closer to her?? How is that balanced?

Pretty much, the range on the spear is insane and you can't allow them to keep you at range.

Kav0rk4
02-10-2017, 02:56 PM
Yeah but they also have a ****ton of attacks that also make them back away so there's no way you're staying at close range with them.

Couple that with the fact that their attack speed is insane.. Not much you can do AFAIK.

But I want to learn so if anyone has any ideas, do tell.

Altair_Snake
02-10-2017, 03:02 PM
Side stepping attacks are her doom. The Orochi's dodges her lights and outspeeds her heavies. I suppose with pretty much any character the way to get closer is to side step for dear life, trying to force her to use her heavies, which are very slow.

DerHerbman
02-10-2017, 03:29 PM
I block the first few hits and then a Parry. She gets out of stamina fast.

Kav0rk4
02-10-2017, 03:50 PM
Side stepping attacks are her doom. The Orochi's dodges her lights and outspeeds her heavies. I suppose with pretty much any character the way to get closer is to side step for dear life, trying to force her to use her heavies, which are very slow.

So characters without side step attacks will just lose basically?

I block the first few hits and then a Parry. She gets out of stamina fast.

Will try this out, but it seems very situational/up to the Nobushi player. This isn't a "punishing technique" if you ask me.

Kav0rk4
02-11-2017, 12:05 AM
Any other suggestions? Or can we all agree that Nobushi is OP AF?

Stankyfoot
02-11-2017, 12:25 AM
She's a bit tricky to play reactively against, fortunately she's a total fish up close. Try and draw her into trying to rush you down and then close the distance.

Kav0rk4
02-11-2017, 12:26 AM
But wait guys, look, what I'm saying is how can you just have a character that's more or less immune to parries? Like you can't punish a parry vs her, that's absolutely insane.

I_am_a_robot
02-11-2017, 01:12 AM
its the most annoying and broken character that ive seen in recent gamer memory. especially the bleed so easy to apply, ridiculous character. not even saying OP, thats not the question, depends on player. its just terrible even if I win most of the time, its just bad. since most players dont care about exciting duels and just think of griefing and annoying others, its nobushis all over the place, poking kicking fleeing, terrible

Velkamit
02-11-2017, 01:23 AM
I feel like if her light side attack were sweeping attackings instead of long range pokes it would fix her problems and make her less frustrating for new players to play against.

Cyb3rR4ptor
02-11-2017, 06:32 AM
Well first. A big mistake i see most ppl do. Even I did when starting to play. Is wanting to parry every attack. DONT.
Unless you can easily predict an uncoming attack don't try to go for the parry. Just normal block. if it's a combo then block the first attack parry the second or third.

Nobushi's aren't OP. I've only used Nobushi the whole beta and I've gotten obliterated by characters from the whole cast.

1. keep the blow exchange long. Why? Nobushi burns through stamina fast. 3 reps of her attacks will have her dry.
2. Don't charge in a straight line trying to "overwhelm" the initiative. The Nobushi can just back dash poke you. And it has bleed so it's gonna hurt a lot.
3. Let nobushi have the initiaitve. Most Nobushi's will start with the dash poke to the front or side dash heavy. Sometimes they will try to bait you to doing attack and then hit you with the back dash poke.
4. Moving to the sides is your best bet since her best attacks are forward thrusts. Sure she may have range but she only has 1 good side attack.

I find shielded characters most troublesome for her. Since her guard break has little range she has to risk the close distance in order to do it. And her back dash poke fails against the conqueror/warlords shield thrust.

Kav0rk4
02-11-2017, 12:43 PM
Some nice hints.

Clarify something for me will you?

You say side stepping is your best bet, and people have said that before.

But what do you mean by that, what does that achieve, it doesn't bring you any closer to the Nobushi, does it?

DaWeirdWAAAGH
02-11-2017, 01:04 PM
Every brainless kid can play nobushi for now. I report every one who play nobushi 1vs1. Will see how they play after poison nerf.

zide-
02-11-2017, 01:23 PM
Depends on what class you use. If you use a light class like Orochi, you can easily beat Nobushi with sidesteps and light attacks. However, if you go with a heavy or medium like Warden there really ain't much to do against Nobushi other than hoping you get close enough to do a guard break and land a couple hits, side stepping with slower class like Warden does not work well.

I wouldn't call Nobushi OP because she can be dealt with some classes but she sure ain't balanced due to the poison and speed combination she has. In the hands of a player who knows her moves, Nobushi is nearly impossible to overcome as anything but light class hero.

TheKelvinator77
02-11-2017, 01:59 PM
I'm no expert, but this is my experiences against the nobushi. Hopefully it helps you.

I'd like to preface this by saying that when I struggle with a particular opponent, I find the best thing to do is to try a few games as that class/hero/whatever, to learn where I run into trouble, what the weak points are, and how to exploit them. And also what to look out for.

That said, I have not done this for the Nobushi. Just haven't had that much trouble with her. Watched the videos after losing one match badly, and still occasionally lose to her, but win far more than I lose. I mostly play Warden and Conqueror, and the two play against her pretty differently, but there are some general tips that should help with any class.

Initially, your focus will be closing with her. She will out-range you, and she has a very good kit for exploiting that range and staying at range. That's what she's all about. If you can close with her and stay closed with her, that's half the battle already won. But how to accomplish this? Well, you have a few options:

When playing as conqueror especially, I like to just keep my guard up and slowly walk towards her until she runs out of space. They especially like the top light at range, so sometimes after I've got a feel for her timing I'll parry the top light and dash in to close the gap suddenly. From there I can gb, shield bash, or light attack. This also works with Warden, I'm just always much more in that defensive mindset when playing Conqueror.
Alternatively, as people have mentioned here, you can side dash her attacks, and use this to stay in motion, making it difficult for her to hit you as you advance, much more quickly than my usual method.
Or you can stay just out of her range, tempt her into advancing to attack you, and as she does dash forward. Combined with her own forward movement this should put you right up into her face.
No matter which class you're playing, ideally you want to back her into a wall. This is advantageous no matter what your match up is, but especially important vs the Nobushi as it makes it very difficult for her to run.

Hopefully one or another of these methods works for you, warden is more than capable of all of them. Once you're closed with her, you want to make sure you stay engaged as much as possible. She's a very squishy character, if you can get a few good hits on her she goes down really easily. However, she has very fast attacks, and that kick, so don't try to just power through her with your slower attacks or she'll just keep poking you. If you see an opening for a heavy attack take it, but don't expect things to be that easy. The warden's quick double side-light can be really good here. Block a couple of her attacks so her stamina's low, or even better parry one, and then once her stamina's low hit her with a side light, if you go straight from blocking/dodging/parrying one of her attacks or interrupting a combo she won't have much time to react to it. Gb is your friend here, use that to get in some easy hits. But don't be too predictable with it. If she starts to see it coming and counter it or if she manages a gb on you, she can really punish you. Don't allow yourself to become exhausted, because you don't want to have to back away. If she dashes back, you dash forward. The kick you'll just have to dodge, although I find that most nobushi players are too panicked to pull it off if you keep them on the back foot anyway.

Key to beating lower-skilled nobushi players seems to be to take the initiative, string together a couple of attacks and get them scared. Against better ones I've had my best luck weathering their attacks, picking the right moment and then doing a bit of damage, then resetting and repeating the

General tip for any fight, but especially for her, orochi, and berserker with all their really fast attacks: don't try to parry every hit, bide your time and pick your moment. 80% of the times I die 1v1 that's the reason.

Nexuss94
02-11-2017, 02:56 PM
if she over head attacks, parry then she will probs try it again so you dodge left or right and hit her in the face with light again then grab and stab she will think twice before doing that again ofc im playing as a PK :D :D :D

Stankyfoot
02-11-2017, 03:51 PM
Every brainless kid can play nobushi for now. I report every one who play nobushi 1vs1. Will see how they play after poison nerf.

You report people for playing a character that you're bad against? Seriously?

IMO the one thing that needs a nerf is the fact that poison can kill you and, even then, its really not that big of a deal.

For me at least, the Noubushi is one of the easiest characters to play against because if you fight strategically you don't need many tactics to beat them. I got abused by Noubushi players in my first few hours of the game but the second I stopped playing their game and learned to push the pace they became very manageable.

Cyb3rR4ptor
02-11-2017, 04:07 PM
Some nice hints.

Clarify something for me will you?

You say side stepping is your best bet, and people have said that before.

But what do you mean by that, what does that achieve, it doesn't bring you any closer to the Nobushi, does it?

Nobushi's best attacks are her pokes which go forward . So keep yourself moving side to side. Her best side attack is a heavy attack that comes from the opposite direction, if you make the pokes useless and make her use the side heavy which you will block/parry. Once she loses footing close in. At extreme close range. she has little game.

Players should treat this game. As a fighting game. Learn your footings. Establish which scenarios work best for you (Bridge fights, open spaces, stairs) after you set your bearings once the map start. Learn the match ups. You cant play the same style against all characters. Once you get a hold of that. You should be starting to rank wins

ExSiNz
02-11-2017, 07:32 PM
For your info if you play the Conqueror you can start a Shield Bash Charge from about 5 meter and still hit her, Then you get a free light-attack then you guardbard into another free light-attack to be able to start another shield bash rinse and repeat and you won. Conqueror Shield Bash and Warden's shoulder Bash outrange Nobushi Spears.

Da_HalfBlood1
02-11-2017, 11:15 PM

Nobushi is not overpowered, maybe against noobs since they usually don't dodge and parry. Pulling off a parry can sometimes be difficult so punishing someone for parrying is wrong. Parries punish players who just decide to go in and attack nonstop without a second thought to what they are doing or to punish risky play.

Nobushi's attacks only go forward, she only has one slash attack (besides her zoning attack) and it is a heavy attack so its pretty slow. Her attacks are slower than all the assassins so even if she gets a hidden stance off when an assassin is in her face, the assassins can keep on going all out on her if they are close enough. Both heavies counter her very well with the shield. They force nobushi to get in close which is not what she wants.

Dodging her attacks with a side dash is a good start and then breaking her block when you get in close. She is a zoner so she is meant to keep you away but if you are fast enough you should be able to easily dodge her attacks which are even slower than the knight warden. She is not even close to op and is also hard to master.

Zantet5u
02-12-2017, 06:07 AM
My advice as someone who has been playing her for open beta is to go to custom games, make a lvl 3 warden bot (or the class you play) and then pick nobushi. I guarantee you will learn how to overwhelm her as whatever class but i particularly find warden to be special.

DaWeirdWAAAGH
02-12-2017, 07:27 AM
Every game 2 peacekeeper or 2 nobushi . Difficult hard = ubisoft logic :rolleyes:
No need skill to play this classes. Spam 1 unbalance combo for win.
Just make difficult easy and no one will compline about unbalanced class.

MinaX-LorD
02-12-2017, 12:06 PM
Nobushi is not powerful. She is extremely vulnerable to side steps (which need to be nerfed) and if you get in close, there is pretty much nothing she can do besides parrying you, or creating distance again. I thought she was broken when I first played the game, now I main her, and a realize that she has some extreme weak points. I play Nobushi a lot more aggressively and I will get in someones face because of the technique I developed, but once I make a mistake at that close range, a good player will punish me HARD.

Also, getting someones back against the wall in this game is a game changer. Its no different for Nobushi.

Altair_Snake
02-12-2017, 05:18 PM
If your character doesn't have a side stepping atatck, you just gotta side step more than once, during her combo.

And she not the only one who tend sto be out of grab's reach after being parried. The Kensei also does.

She is a character you need to face ina very different way from the others. So, she can easily seem OP, at first. And if you don't use her you'll hardly feel how crippling her weakness to side steps is.

KnifeInUrNeck
02-13-2017, 11:16 PM
I play Orochi and I play fairly well. I win the majority of my duels and do well on team matches. Mastering the art of overcoming ranges means knowing yours and their move sets or at least their style. A lot of characters have lunges or charges to get in close. I don't go for the party against fast characters but the deflect as the speed of dodge closely lines up with nobushi attack speed so I end up getting deflects naturally. That said, a good nobushi is tough but squishy. If you're playing a slow character with not a lot of defense, it might just be a bad matchup. Shields annoy assassins but when dealing with Nobushi get in close or you lose. If you fight them at their optimal range, it won't end well. Just block the light attacks as a lot of time they come from the same direction.

Timjan
02-14-2017, 12:44 PM

If you have a teaspoon, and they have a shovel, you need to get closer then your opponent to hit them.
Is it easy? Nope, but its the only way.
Preasure, zoning, get in close is how you beat them. If your passive and only blocking vs a nobushi youll never get to them and sooner or later you mess up and they get in a hit here and a hit there. Better take a few hits on you and chase them aggressive into smaller ground where they are punished pretty hard depending on your class.
Block as much as can can, dodge but you must get in close.
New to the game, playing warden. Had 2 Noobushis leave the game cause they didnt know how to handle me zoning them. They are used to sit there jabbing freely vs helpless people trying to figure out what to do.
A good offense is most often the best defence. VS a Nobushi this holds very true.
They are also very very squishy compared to our knight, which I assume is a warden, and wardens are really strong vs nobushis due to shoulderdash., shoulderbash, not sure what the heck its called. Just forward or side dodge and hold the dash a little longer for longer dash, once your in, perform a zone attack, it has long reach and very very hard to block. At this point they wonder what happened, dodge, shoulder bash in, perform a double LA, and a shoulderbash, at which point your stamina is pretty drained so take a sec to recover but dont loose momentum, focus on LA. Wardens Top LA is very very fast and very hard to block or anticipate, its the fastest LA of warden, apart from side LA 2nd hit which is anyway unblockable. Once your in that zone they are uncomfortable unless hyper top player, and they too will be uncomfortable cause your within their comfort zone, and you do far more damage then a Nobushi on your warden.

If you have problems, do a custom game, set bot to Nobushi, set skill level to 3, and practice. That Bot will be better then high level players, just not top of the pops.
Just dont use level 1 or 2 cause they really dont do much, but at lvl 3, its advanced mode on and their Timing is to a T. Great sparring partners vs the champs you have a hard time beating.
Why use friends when you can get bots that probably is better:) This game has all the training tools necessary for you.
Most people go Bot game in the warzone, 1vsal, thats a level 1 AL, and you learn nothing. So far only in Custom games have I seen you able to set AL to level 3.
Edit: I believe in Training mode you can set that as well but not sure if they still attack or they just start to parry, block you, didnt try it. Need to do this as I personally must practice vs Oroshi, a good Oroshi slice me up, I need to learn how to counter that.
Peace out.

PS: IF you play warden, and GET close to a Nobushi, note the have ALOT of High attacks.
Perform a top LA when they do any top attack to perform a massive damage counter.. That said I tend to mainly use it vs zerkers, Oroshi, kensai cause so far Nobushis in close quarters tend to rely on other attacks or try o get away from you. And the times you block their High attack its usually out of reach for your counter so just block. Anyway....
Have fun