PDA

View Full Version : Great game! Having a blast! But...

Noklar
02-10-2017, 11:35 AM
I'm not gonna buy it.
If you're too greedy to pay for propper hosting service, I'm too greedy to pay for your game.

Too many times during closed and open beta have I been about to toss someone off a cliff or bridge, only to get de-sync and be teleported 3 yards away.
Or that time when I was doing a 2v2 and it de-sync'd, meanwhile my genious opponent used this to rush to his teammate and res.
Or the lovely Deathmatch 4v4... Enter round 3,4 of my teammates disconnect during 4 minutes until i finally get disconnected myself.

It's unstable...
I don't know what you're trying to sell this game as? Cause it sure seems competitive to me,

NanoNaps
02-10-2017, 11:55 AM
You will have de-syncs with dedicated servers as well.

I have not faced any issues with the connection during a game (only when host migrates it interrupts in XvX).
Maybe some minor lag spikes that I don't see different than when I have lag spikes on CS:GO (dedicated Servers).

I agree that in general P2P is worse than dedicated servers but P2P has some advantages as well.
E.G. if dedicated servers are in England and I from Germany play vs another German chances are that we would a have better connection with P2P rather than with dedicated servers.

Thing is, if you have a ****ty connection it doesn't matter whether the server is dedicated or hosted via p2p.

Would I rather have dedicated servers? Yes. Do I think P2P is as big of an issue as it is blown up to be? No.

Cursedbread
02-10-2017, 11:57 AM
That is why they are having Open Beta, to test their servers by open it up for the public. They are fixing the server crashes and connection problems before the release. Not gonna judge your opinion, do what you want with the game, i'm just saying that this is not the full release ^^

I have some (very little) problems with the de-sync too, like "teleportation" sucks ***, but that's because of the server connectiong lag.

Play this weekend and wait after the 14th and see what people are saying about it then ^^

Noklar
02-10-2017, 12:12 PM
That is why they are having Open Beta, to test their servers by open it up for the public. They are fixing the server crashes and connection problems before the release. Not gonna judge your opinion, do what you want with the game, i'm just saying that this is not the full release ^^

I have some (very little) problems with the de-sync too, like "teleportation" sucks ***, but that's because of the server connectiong lag.

Play this weekend and wait after the 14th and see what people are saying about it then ^^

I've taken part in designing online multiplayer games myself, I completely understand the premise of beta :) Trust me, as long as it's free, it doesn't hurt me whatsoever, imma kill it this entire weekend. But even though I love the game, I won't invest if this is the situation when it goes live. I'm just trying to voice out as I believe it's an issue... Though I should had checked the larger threads before making a new :)

Edit: Next 4v4 death match I enter - It's my team of 4 players vs 3 bots and a player.
Experienced killing a bot only to have it replaced by a live player.
Secondary, a round starts and it's me vs a bot.. 4 seconds into the fight an enemy player LOADS into the map at the same place and I'm now fighting a bot and a player at the same time. (I don't find AI fighting interesting whatsoever, and it might seem unfair to the unlucky guy on the opposite team, which is was.. but this just adds to the reasons I wouldn't pay for this host service)

That's the very next game after posting.. Just one never ending circus.. all issues linked to hosting.

ReyusD
02-10-2017, 02:49 PM
in the closed beta dominion lobbys were broken so the game never started on the first day.

but the days after that i never had any problems, so the system has proven that it works.
you wouldnt even notice its something based of p2p.

pretty ridiculous to judge something after the first day of a test.

Noklar
02-10-2017, 03:08 PM

I was also a part of the closed beta, got more than 50 hours played I believe.. What you're stating is not the case. It is a common issue throughout the community and it'll continue to be with the p2p hosting. And the examples just never end...

For instance this 2v2 brawl, at the last fight, we defeat both players, one player ragequits, we all de-synx and rewind time a few seconds. Boom, the guy that I just killed is alive again with 15% health. It never ends xD

itsPlanB
02-10-2017, 03:54 PM
The game is ONLY available online. If you can't stay in a game and ONLINE then why play the game? This morning I have had 6 ... 6 disconnections in 90 minutes. I don't think that it's too much to ask that the ONLINE ONLY game actually allow you to stay online and in the game.

Match Making is Not Available
There was a connection issue ...

It's tiresome. Oh and the game releases in 5 days so lets not act like they have a massive amount of time to repair the issue. That's less than 96 hours from now.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/121064107
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/121069726

Couple twitch videos. The 2nd one I get thrown into a game against 4 players, 3 bots on my team, and then the servers can't record my losings I've earned by getting thrown into another crap game