PDA

View Full Version : WHY WE DESERVE BETTER THAN PEER TO PEER , A love letter?!

BloodyScar2009
02-10-2017, 08:32 AM
Dear UBISOFT,
I played the Alpha, I played the Beta closed and Open. I will not buy this game. Well that was hard to say. I could brag about being awesome or some other blow hard statement, but I am going to refrain. This is not about me. Well it is a little. I loved the idea of this game, the combat, all of it. Then I played the alpha, it was amazing. Except for one glaring issue. The peer to peer connection. Now as much as I want to sit here and defend my Comcast connection, again it’s not about me and I am not going to. Fights were dropped and connections were bad, a few updates later it seemed improved. Then the open beta, same issues except the fun new feature of having attacks go through your guard, you know the main mechanic of the game. Granted I chalked it up to the good old beta excuse. I lied to myself repeatedly like a jilted lover refusing to admit the promise of a happy future; crushed slowly in the malignant embrace of cut corners and indifference. Finally, the open Beta arrives and like a junkie needing that glorious bloody fix I threw myself at it one more time. I know it's my fault for setting my hopes high, and for dreaming of the promise that could be. Yet, I find myself in the same place wondering how anybody who takes pride in what they do, who through hours of hard work and sacrifice let their art be utterly lessened by something as stupid and Idiotic as putting a future franchise on the wings of a sub-par networking system. Yes, I know I am just some nameless, faceless good-for-nothing on a forum who has no Idea the struggles you "creators of dreams" have suffered for. This post will probably not even be seen by anyone. So, let me leave you with this final stupid thought. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CHANGE YOUR %#@*ING NETWORK!!!

P.s.

I hope one day one of us can be mature enough to make adult decisions...maybe,...probably won't be me.

Sincerely,
All of your For Honor fans

YutoJW
02-10-2017, 08:45 AM
I totally agree, but I preorder the game so It could be a good move or a waste of money.
I have to say I love the middle age period so this game it's matching a lot my taste so it was an emotional purchase.
The close beta was good never had a problem, so smooth. But now it's seems they need a miracle to fix everything, I mean there's no some latency issues, it's totally unplayable.
Ubisoft defended the choice of p2p, but until now I don't see any bright future 😢

BloodyScar2009
02-11-2017, 02:44 AM
I totally agree, but I preorder the game so It could be a good move or a waste of money.
I have to say I love the middle age period so this game it's matching a lot my taste so it was an emotional purchase.
The close beta was good never had a problem, so smooth. But now it's seems they need a miracle to fix everything, I mean there's no some latency issues, it's totally unplayable.
Ubisoft defended the choice of p2p, but until now I don't see any bright future 😢

I agree with everything you have said here. I genuinely want this game to succeed but I know it won't because of the P2P. I was even going to get the gold edition until I played the open beta and saw how bad it was in comparison to the alpha and the closed beta. Whatever hope I had, Whatever part of me that was a fan of ubisoft died yesterday during the open beta. I know at this point what ever fan boy wants to defend them can, but they do not care about the fans. If they did they would listen and engage openly about the P2P issue. I have read articles on the decision to maintain P2P but as of yet no conversation with the community, and thats fine I guess. Too many cut corners time and again. :(

Fa3r.
02-11-2017, 02:52 AM
It will not be changed any time soon. Maybe later after they've achieved the largest profit they can from the initial sales.

While I believe some of the developers working on the game want to make a great lasting game, the shot callers at Ubisoft are short sighted and money hungry.

The only way I can see dedicated servers being added is if the game actually survives long enough. Unforunately the P2P system will make sure that won't happen. The people really serious about the competitiveness of this game will grow tired of P2P nonsense, and go back to games which actually perform consistently.

E-A-X
02-11-2017, 02:57 AM
This post BibleThump :nonchalance: - i can totaly read your feelings there, as much as i love this game but if one thing will turn my back on another ubisoft game its the networking solutions, i can no longer take host migration, i do not want anylonger seeing inviting friends doesnt work, i do not accept anything else than dedicated servers anymore.

Ive played Far Cry 3/4 with the same P2P issues.
Ive played The Crew, it was a lovely game that has took place in my heart, it got ruined by cheaters ruining my world records and all the fun ive had geting these records.
Ive played Rainbow Six Siege and had to stop because the issues called above already all applied and this tuesday i did hop back into R6S just to see the same issues (except cheating) again - now its wasting 80GB of my 256GB SSD probably waiting to get uninstalled again cause i need that space at some time.

Now im sitting here, with a broken open beta that doesnt even start up the game (connecting to servers doesnt work etc) and when i played the game in the last closed beta all ive seen is ping issues, teleports, host migration etc.
So i want this game bad cause it is amazing, what am i gonna do? Buy it and then uninstall cause the same issues again and again and again and again drive me away? What kind of a customer experience did i get from Ubisoft in the last 4+ years? Why should i pay for this game in its current state?

I do not want to wait another 2+ years before you, Ubisoft, even do start to think about how **** your P2P / Simulation really is - like look at R6S, yet stuff havent even been fixed, "it is in work and comes during a season" like after 2 years there is still no result for that game - what will wait for me in For Honor then? 5 years before something changes?

It really isnt about me, you or anyone - it is about all of us!

Like if a german saying fits this as best then it would be:

The dumbest farmer has the thickest potatoes - Ubisoft has the best games recently, but beeing dumb on proper network solutions :(