PDA

View Full Version : Is Warlord just a worse Conqueror?

goynus
02-10-2017, 04:36 AM
Is it just me? I tried fighting my brother, who plays Conqueror, and it literally seems like Conqueror has almost the exact same type of abilities and style, yet does it better. Warlords headbutt (at least before the update, which seemed to super Nerf his headbutt) seems like a piss poor version of Conquerors Shield Crush ability? His headbutt seems to never go off and is a super short range, I have multiple times missed a running headbutt point blank while he wasn't even moving, yet he was able to land a long range Shield Crush that was basically the same ability while rounding a corner on me. They also seem to do (almost) the same amount of damage on heavy and light attacks, however Warlords heavy is 2 times as slow. If someone can explain to me what i'm missing it would be great, i'm probably ignorant, but even reading the wiki they have almost the exact description. The only thing I really see different is his uninterruptible heavy attacks which makes no difference if a Conqueror is heavy attacking and doing the same amount of damage to you.

Edit: Also I'm not complaining that Warlord is a bad hero, i'm just saying in a straight 1v1 with these two heroes, it seems like Conqueror can do exactly what Warlord does, and do it easier and better.

Lord_Binz
02-10-2017, 05:06 AM
You know warlords can carry you on their shield straight off a cliff right? Conquerors cant do that.

Warp_11
02-10-2017, 06:12 AM
Conquerors has stronger counter-attack and their bash is made for chains, while Warlord's bash is made for positioning (cliff-throwing, wall-stunning, crowd control etc.) and some of his attacks are uninterruptible; his stamina management is also better.

Eleanor-Ripley
02-10-2017, 09:28 AM
Only difference i find - my experience with both conq and warlord is limited mind you - is that i can easilly do better with conqueror.

Fighting against both - happens quite often - with my raider, they seem to only vary in offense. Conqeror being the most offensive.

ReggiR
02-10-2017, 11:59 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1562396-Conqueror-out-shined-by-Warlord

Funny thing, when you have two topics, one saying that Conq is just better Warlord, other saying exacly opposing thing :)

I dont think that changes made to Warlord since last closed beta shifted it on exacly opposite thing :)

xilixer
02-10-2017, 09:12 PM
well with all the nerfs the warlord got this patch he kinda feels off to me. the biggest offender being the stamina cost on his full defense. now that the warlords stamina cost is 15 i feel it is unfair that the conquerer can use his with barely any cost. granted the warlord is suppose to be focused around counter-attacking but the fact one of them has a cost to using full guard and the other one doesnt irks me.

Butler96
02-13-2017, 07:35 AM
A good warlord can beat pretty much anyone, even after the nerf. At least,thats how I feel. If the warlord knows how to parry and use his full block mode into heavy, you are looking at a hard match. A good warlord will just parry your attacks, do his special shield slam that drains the last of your already depleted stamina for the parry and then either GB into a wall, off a cliff or just start hitting you. Combined with probably the best defense and mix up abilities in the game, yeah, Warlord can beat a Conqueror of equal skill level. Only think the Conq got on him is the shield slam into heavy combo that can be repeated until your out of stamina.

Marmiteinjars
02-13-2017, 09:10 AM
The Conqueror and Warlord both have different play styles despite the fact they are both Heavies with shields. Whilst the Warlord relies on 1v1 counter attacks/positioning as well as displacement, the Conqueror is stronger in group fights thanks to his Superior Block/Superior Heavy Attacks and CC with his shield bash.

Aarpian2
02-13-2017, 09:48 AM
The warlord is much more dangerous to fight for most classes due to his braindead omniblock response being able to punish everything, and his powerful heavy attacks getting super armour letting him trade makes aggression against him very risky.
The conqueror, however, can bypass all of that strength with his shield bash, and so while not as strong defensively as the warlord, it doesn't really matter in the match up.
As a conqueror, you have an edge over the warlord, but the warlord is probably better overall.

MinaX-LorD
02-13-2017, 11:24 AM
The CONQ is very strong in his own way because one block stops any attack chain. He is a different style of fighter, made to slowly wear your opponent down. Hes not a burst warrior, you have to be patient with some warriors, and hyper aggressive with others.

Basically, they are BOTH very strong when played correctly.

TouchFluffyTail
02-13-2017, 11:33 AM
Conqueror its a worse warlord actually.

Neviathan-
02-13-2017, 11:43 AM
The Conqueror has better block than the Warlord, Raider heavy top attacks can be blocked without taking dmg for example. Basic block also interrupts chain attacks which can really be a life-safer against burst attacks.

My favorite ability of the Conqueror is the charged heavy attack, its very slow but the range is decent if you move in the right direction. I was surprised how often I was able to land it in duels, usually taking roughly 1/3 of the opponents health away. When players get more experienced it will probably be impossible to land these charged heavies which makes me question if the Conqueror will be good in the long run. The light attacks are the weakest from all classes, you cant really feint like the other classes and the reach isnt that great either.

So far I really enjoyed the Conqueror and won 70% of the duels but the toolkit is seem to be lacking depth from what I can tell at this point...

Knight_Raime
02-13-2017, 01:07 PM
well with all the nerfs the warlord got this patch he kinda feels off to me. the biggest offender being the stamina cost on his full defense. now that the warlords stamina cost is 15 i feel it is unfair that the conquerer can use his with barely any cost. granted the warlord is suppose to be focused around counter-attacking but the fact one of them has a cost to using full guard and the other one doesnt irks me.

it makes perfect sense. Conq is suppsoed to be the best at defense. the warlord is supposed to counter attack and harass.

To the OP no. they both have different roles. if you are playing them both the same way you're doing it wrong.

Stankyfoot
02-13-2017, 02:33 PM
Warlords are better 1v1
Conquerers are better 1vX

Chilli Maple
02-13-2017, 03:20 PM
Like I said on the thread that claims the opposite of this thread....

Warlords and Conquerors are the heavy warriors of the game, i.e. defensive. Conquerors focus more on creating an opening for a heavy hit by way of their defensive abiliies to do damage and Warlords focus more on harassing enemies by creating openings for multiple hits with a more aggressive offence abilities. You will block more as a conqueror and dodge/move more as a Warlord. If you're not having success with it change your game-play style or change characters!

People are forgetting that we won't find success with a warrior simply because we like the 'idea' of the warrior... your gameplay has to match with the warriors style. Bitter pill to swallow but the players skills & style with a controller is a huge factor as is your ability to fine-tune your gear to compliment your skills with a controller... which is a skill in and of itself.

Good luck my friends!

SpazzMaticuz
02-13-2017, 03:23 PM
You know warlords can carry you on their shield straight off a cliff right? Conquerors cant do that.
1. GB turn him around so hes close to the edge, shield slam until you're bored.
2. Conq shield slam has basicly priority over everything, it bounces off zerkers and warlords in mid air (I know right xd)
3. Yes, shield slam has priority over the headbutt so warlords just bounces off.

khromtx
02-13-2017, 03:31 PM
Warlord is op as **** and more so than Conq so not sure what you're talking about.

CaptainCreeps
02-13-2017, 04:29 PM
I usually main Nobushi. And i seldom have problems fighting Warlords or Conquerors. Only problem i had, was wtih one conqueror. He used that shield charge thing and knocked me down, and i couldn't really get back up again before dying.

ddriggers843
02-13-2017, 10:36 PM
Warlord is by far the best 1v1 class in the beta, and unless the last 3 classes and or nerfs/buffs going into launch offer anything it's probably not going to change. I feel like he has the most versatile kit available, the best defensive options, and can win a match on the spot even while exhausted.

Headbutt beats so many options, shut down pretty much anyone's dash, throw, and tracks exceptionally well so it has the ability to punish bad side dodges. Knockdown during revenge mode.

Helm Splitter punishes back dashing and back rolls like they're going out of style, and the chain is a very good gap closer/pressure tool that requires several correct choices from your opponent for them to not take damage, much less punish and is the best follow up for a throw on an exhausted opponent. Dominates Nobushi keep away and hidden stance and pretty much breaks that matchup.

His heavy attack wins trades with everyone. A light attack bait into a delayed heavy beats a ton of punishes from opponent.

All-block shuts down a lot of options without much thinking on the warlords behalf and has the ability to punish a guard break response by an opponent.

The best parry/throw in the game bar none. In a environmental hazard laden area his throws wins the game then and there. Parry into throw can be pulled off while exhausted. Just slamming into a wall or forcing more evasive characters into tighter areas.

While the conqueror is not a fast kill for anyone much less the warlord, he decimates all offensive options of the conqueror as well as any other class. The only difference as you lose guaranteed heavy attack punishment options and has to choose to go with the light follow ups.

TCTF_SWAT
02-14-2017, 01:19 AM
Well the thigns I've noticed about the 3 block stances for the conq and warlord

conq stance:

-loses superior block status
-only drains stamina on activation and block
-can move while in it
-4-5 second stamina delay before stamina starts to recharge
-loses balance when out of stamina

warlord stance:
-Has superior block
-drains on activation, blocks and useage
-cannot move
-cannot preform when out of stamina
- suffers the same stamina delay as the conq

StormBlade_24
02-14-2017, 09:26 AM
You haven't played me yet. You would reconsider those words.