PDA

View Full Version : Guard Break???

Quirex9
02-10-2017, 12:15 AM
Hi! I'm wondering if the guard break is bugged on keyboard/mouse? I remapped it to mouse button 5, and so I was facing this warden. He uses Guard Break, and I'm ready for it, so the second the red armor thing on his character shows up I start spamming Guard Break, but to no avail. The next time I try waiting until he connects in case it was too early the previous time so it bugged out and launched me into guard break causing my cancel to not go off, but again it does not succeed. So I'm wondering if the PC keys are bugged for Guard Break, or what is going on? I loove the game, but I lose most matches because everytime they Guard Break I have no chance of stopping it, slowly driving me mad.
Thoughts?

darkbluenc
02-10-2017, 12:42 AM
Hey,
I play with the same setting and the keybind for guardbreak and it works just fine.
That said, countering guard break requires very specific timing not spamming.

If you haven't read it yet I'd recommend reading this guide posted earlier on the forum : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1561284-MINI-GUIDE-Counter-Guardbreaking

The timing may be a bit puzzling at first but once you get used to it it will feel a lot more natural.

Waynedetta40k
02-10-2017, 01:44 AM
you wanna counter when the white shield pops

PiccardsFlute
02-10-2017, 02:11 AM
You both pretty much have to be doing it at the same time. It has never been something I can counter, if they connect its already too late. You both have to have started the animation so try to guess when ur opponent will guard break, not watch for the little shield.

Lord_Binz
02-10-2017, 05:08 AM
It works fine for me on PC, go to the advanced tutorial. You can get the rythym from the AI and succeed 100% of the time. Then take it into battle and get the timing right there too.

Dont spam it, I double-tap mine, which seems to work best. But spamming or single tap seems to whiff the counter-guard break often for me.