PDA

View Full Version : No more GB guarantee after Parry???

THEPH0NECOMPANY
02-09-2017, 09:17 PM
I have been playing the open beta for a few hours now against the lvl 3 bots, and i have noticed on several occasions that i have either not been tracking to my target (especially against nobushi) or my GB is teched after a parry.... i have played as raider berserker and warlord.

Is this a problem with my timing, or is this a rebalance of parry in the game?

Edit its just nobushi

Waxxon101
02-09-2017, 09:35 PM
yeah they nerfed the range of the grab bit of a stealth nerf to Wardens and others. but Kensai players gotta love it cause of the grab reach move.

darkbluenc
02-09-2017, 11:26 PM
You never could auto guardbreak a nobushi after a parry (unless the environment helps you) and more often than not it's the same with the kensei.
The distance you get from an enemy after a parry depends on the length of their weapon, so with those lengthy weapon they get too far.
That said, their parry stagger is supposed to be a bit bigger to compensate (not to sure how true it is). Some class might be able to adapt well to it some won't.

samsy19
02-13-2017, 06:10 PM
You never could auto guardbreak a nobushi after a parry (unless the environment helps you) and more often than not it's the same with the kensei.
The distance you get from an enemy after a parry depends on the length of their weapon, so with those lengthy weapon they get too far.
That said, their parry stagger is supposed to be a bit bigger to compensate (not to sure how true it is). Some class might be able to adapt well to it some won't.

I've had many times where I've parried a peacekeeper and she is out of range.

MrTaoGaming
02-13-2017, 07:12 PM
Recently I've had multiple occasions where I'd parry a peacekeeper's top heavy or side dash heavy, go immediately into a guard break, and have it teched out by a peacekeeper. I was not out of range and I did it as fast as I can right after the parry so range and speed shouldnt have been an issue. Meanwhile same thing happens against an Orochi but Im able to get untechable GB's everytime. Seems really inconsistent for it to not be a bug. Ubi really needs to fix these inconsistencies cuz it's really punishing to have a GB teched out and lose out on guaranteed damage since I could have just gone for side lights or zone attack after a parry had I known that a GB would fail.

I even have video footage of this and will post as soon as youtube finishes processing the video file.

Velkamit
02-13-2017, 07:18 PM
Yes, this has been the case for lots of people. Get ready for the swarm of players to come in here and tell you to git gud.

VanBaal42
02-13-2017, 07:35 PM

Thank you!
But it also depends from which side you parry the attack.
Look at this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfdFBz_im4o&feature=youtu.be
The warlord parry the unblockable top attack of the kensei and could guarbreak (0:15) but after parrying the side attack the kensei stumbles too far away (0:24).