PDA

View Full Version : Gear stats are confusing.

cTrix
02-09-2017, 05:13 PM
You know how you get stats on your items for 4v4s. But there's a lot of them where it's not obvious what they do exactly, and that info should really be accessible somewhere.
I've looked all over but I couldn't find anywhere a person had an answer for this.

The stats I have issue with:

Block damage reduction - Last time I checked you don't take damage if you block an attack. Only exception I noticed were the Kensei's heavy attacks. I suppose this stat could maybe reduce the damage you take? Seems like a bit of a useless stat though if it only works against vanguards (if it's even for all of them).
Block damage - I don't even know. Increases damage for the Keisei's heavy attack chip damage? Why is this on other classes? Or maybe this increases stamina loss for the attacker if you block? Yeah, I have no idea.
Throw Distance - Now I caught on a stream that this actually determines the distance you push people out of a guardbreak, but that's far from obvious, so this also makes the list.
Revenge Mode Defense - Is this the size of your shield you get from revenge mode? The time duration of that shield? Increases to blocking stamina cost? All of it? I have no idea.
Attack & Defense - Attack I assume is how much damage your attacks deal. But what is Defense? A % reduction of all damage that you don't block? Stamina cost of your blocks? How does this interact with Block Damage Reduction? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Debuff Resistance - I... what? I guess 'some classes' have 'some feats' that are debuffs. If that's what this does it's probably the most worthless stat ever.

Gray360UK
02-09-2017, 05:29 PM
I assumed, without testing to make sure, that:

Block damage reduction = I take less damage when I block their attack.
Block damage = I do more damage to them when they block my attack.
(both of the above assume you take / do some damage when blocked / you block)

All classes can block, that's what you are doing when you match the direction of attack, I assume, rather than it literally being with a shield or just on one or two classes. Surely then it wouldn't be a stat on weapons and armour for classes that can't block?

Throw Distance = literally how far people are thrown when you throw, Viking Raider pick up and carry distance for example
Revenge Mode Defense = I take less damage during revenge
(there is a seperate Revenge Mode Duration stat that covers the duration, so its not that)
Defense - I take less damage the better this is
Debuff resistance - resistance to poison / bleed etc

Now those are not technical explanations with precise breakdowns of how / why I take less damage. Personally I don't need that level of detail.
I'm happy with general concepts like 'I will die slower' or 'they will die faster' and most of the stats fall into one or the other.
You can clearly make an offensive or a defensive build.
These are the only definitions that make sense to me.

cTrix
02-09-2017, 05:50 PM
I assume [...]
Block damage = I do more damage to them when they block my attack.

But this stat exists on classes that don't do damage if they block. I got a chestpiece on the Nobushi which boosts that stat.

Also yeah, I don't agree with you on the points where you don't agree with my OP, because, well. that sounds like stupid game design tbh.

Gray360UK
02-09-2017, 06:00 PM
But this stat exists on classes that don't do damage if they block. I got a chestpiece on the Nobushi which boosts that stat.

Also yeah, I don't agree with you on the points where you don't agree with my OP, because, well. that sounds like stupid game design tbh.

You have misunderstood. The Nobushi can have it because as I said it increases the damage the Nobushi does when someone blocks her attack.
The higher you get this, the more the Nobushi would hurt someone even if they block, which is what makes it a good stat for an offensive build.
Again, the only thing that makes sense.

cTrix
02-09-2017, 06:20 PM
I'd really like an official answer to this though.

rcwd
02-09-2017, 11:40 PM
It's just like Gray said, it's really not that hard to understand. You probably won't get an official response.