PDA

View Full Version : For Ledges!

RRBRush
02-08-2017, 11:54 AM
Question to developers: Are you guys considering to change something about the game becoming a throw off a ledge simulator? How did you feel when at the promo stream a guy from the Vikings said "Let's play ledges"? Like seriously, why would anyone should be focused more on how to not get thrown off a ledge than actually thinking how to use his combat skills? Right now it has too big value in it. It should stay in game but not at the current ammount. Reduce the places where one could be thrown off, or adjust the mechanics that utilize throws, so it wouldn't be spammable.

OillyRag
02-08-2017, 11:57 AM
don't worry,this is ubisoft ... welcome to the home of the nerf hammer

OtsuWow
02-08-2017, 11:59 AM
If you cannot learn how to break a guard break, and still decide to fight near a ledge, you deserve to loose.

ZuivrZilvr
02-08-2017, 12:03 PM
If you cannot learn how to break a guard break, and still decide to fight near a ledge, you deserve to loose.

+1

Maarchiali
02-08-2017, 12:06 PM
Except that it's not always a choice.

We should be able to run off ledges though, would make charging moves more risky (and let's face it, sidestepping a raider and having him run to his doom would be pretty hilarious)

RRBRush
02-08-2017, 12:07 PM

Sadly it's not only you who decide where to fight, the guardbreak isn't something 100% guaranteed, and there are things like unblockable grabs or shield bash, say hello to Conqueror and Warlord. Noone deserves to lose only because someone misunderstood the cold weapon fighting game with a lot skill to be applied with throwing sim. Again, it is just too spammy right now. I don't ask to remove it, but the very tactic like "Let's play ledges" is simply pathetic.

Eleanor-Ripley
02-08-2017, 12:08 PM
When is it not a choice to fight near a ledge? Move away!...

LordKaterchen
02-08-2017, 12:10 PM

Actually countering a guard break is not always possible. And I don't mean this in a skill/reaction sense. If you get guard broken for example during windup or recovery from a strike you cannot counter a guard break and there is also a lot of other situations where counter is not possible. (There was a great guide on defense in the forum that I just can't find right now that lists all possible situations for this)

So no, it's not just about countering. Any whiff or infact even just getting parried (not blocked) can lead into an uncounterable guard break. Personally I don't mind the ledge game, but it is very powerful.

RRBRush
02-08-2017, 12:33 PM
When is it not a choice to fight near a ledge? Move away!...

When you get axe in your back the moment you turn to run. There are plenty of situations when you cannot just move away and forced to rely on your reaction to counter/dodge the grab/push which is very often faulty.

iHunny
02-08-2017, 12:41 PM
Learn how to dael with ledges. There is alot of options to avoid them. Dodge away from them, run away, guard break etc.

isthil89
02-08-2017, 12:44 PM
dont worry ubi soft listens to cry babies i'm sure they will block up all ledges for u

RRBRush
02-08-2017, 12:45 PM
Learn how to dael with ledges. There is alot of options to avoid them. Dodge away from them, run away, guard break etc.

Bother yourself reading the previous posts instead of being repetitive.

Ragnar---
02-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Why are people so desperate to defend the tactic in a skill based fighting game, to press one button and throw somebody off a ledge?. I don't understand why people are ok with pressing X and a direction and getting an instant kill. Where is the skill in that guys?.

iHunny
02-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Bother yourself reading the previous posts instead of being repetitive.

I did read it, but I still replyed since you clearly have more to learn.

However, perhaps having a timed last chanse dodge button promt to avoid falling could work, if the guardbreak was far enough from the ledge.

RRBRush
02-08-2017, 01:46 PM
I did read it, but I still replyed since you clearly have more to learn.

However, perhaps having a timed last chanse dodge button promt to avoid falling could work, if the guardbreak was far enough from the ledge.

The problem is people starting to apply "Throw off a ledge" tactic instead of beating the opponent skill-wise, becase the latter requires, yeah, skill and is hard to apply, not my skill level, that's what you completely missed while reading and this is what I have pointed out, you are still reading incorrect.

Dez_troi_aR
02-08-2017, 04:28 PM
For us noobs, throwing people off ledges is super effective. Thats ok.

While i think throw range could maybe be reduced a little, i overall support the perspective of people saying you need to be prepared to cgb when you are near a ledge. If the enemy cant resist but to keep trying to throw, you should be able to get a lot of lights in.