PDA

View Full Version : Warlord - changes made before Open Beta

Bobola
02-08-2017, 10:25 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5spqu6/open_beta_changes_from_official_discord/

If that's true, then the last two changes are bad idea (I don't mind first 3).
1. Warlord was already a character that drained stamina very quickly. Full Block Stance was very costly to your stamina - you paid for entering it, paid for receiving any blow, and if you entered it even for less then a second your stamina stopped regenerating for few seconds! It's fine, but making it even more costly is a mistake.
2. Warlords dashes were already very short, now forward dash (the most important one for character with very limited range) is even shorter.

Pushing people off ledges will be Warlords bread and butter since their chances in traditional combat are limited after closed beta tests (maybe even more then any other character).

Aarpian2
02-08-2017, 12:46 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5spqu6/open_beta_changes_from_official_discord/

1. Warlord was already a character that drained stamina very quickly. Full Block Stance was very costly to your stamina - you paid for entering it, paid for receiving any blow, and if you entered it even for less then a second your stamina stopped regenerating for few seconds! It's fine, but making it even more costly is a mistake.
2. Warlords dashes were already very short, now forward dash (the most important one for character with very limited range) is shorter and cost more stamina (to the character that loses stamina very quickly).

Pushing people off ledges will be Warlords bread and butter since their chances in traditional combat are limited after closed beta tests (maybe even more then any other character).

Warlord was and will continue to be an absolutely dominant force. Being by far the best in the game at pushing people off ledges was just gravy on top of his already overloaded kit. Super armour on all heavy attacks, parries on light attacks, guaranteed damage off of any block caught with omniblock (which is quick enough to react to any aggression with), headbutt that is unblockable, very quick, drains enemy stamina and guarantees you damage on follow up, high damage on heavies, high damage and fast zone attack that can be soft-feinted into, a sprinting unblockable charge that seems to take priority over everything else and a stun.

This won't break him. Hopefully it will stop him spamming omniblock in response to everything, but I doubt it.

Kroma-
02-08-2017, 01:22 PM

2. Warlords dashes were already very short, now forward dash (the most important one for character with very limited range) is even shorter.

Damn man you will have to learn how to use his entire kit!
No more block stance + headbutt spam, warlord was able to beat anyone with just 1 combo. Now it ll require a little more i hope.

Bobola
02-08-2017, 01:32 PM
Damn, you will have to stop treating your assumptions as facts. You know nothing of how I play. I used all block stance very rarely because of it's stamina cost. Headbutt was used by me just to close the gap between me and the enemy because of Warlord short range. I don't complain about headbutt nerf, I guess you see things in my comment I didn't write. I'm very curious what is this ultimate combo that can beat anyone, can you share the secret? :)

Peligrad
02-08-2017, 01:54 PM
The Warlord nerfs seem pretty subtle to be honest.

Nerfs to an overhead heavy attack that in reality should be hard to land and already rewards strong damage. It probably shouldn't have super long range and deal amazing stamina damage on top of it.

Nerfs to a forward dash. So warlord will have a little harder time being the aggressor. He's labeled a counter attacker anyway.

His full block stance is now on par with conqueror full block stance. Seems fair.

He can no longer cancel his tech into a gb... well... since no other character can do that and most warlords probably didn't even know that was a thing... it seems fine.

If anyone has the right to whine it seems like PC.

The only thing PC had going for her over Orochi was the GB triple stab massive damage. Seems that is getting toned down.

Rolingachu
02-08-2017, 02:31 PM
I main Warlord, and i'm glad they made this changes. That said, i believe they went to far with stamina drain on some points, but i can't give my opinion right now, i will know for sure after i test it on the open beta.

For now, i just can say i will enjoy using my Warlord, no more spamming noobs around will make me look even more awesome when i kick some asses.

EetDrinkBeBerry
02-08-2017, 02:37 PM
The Warlord nerfs seem pretty subtle to be honest.

Nerfs to an overhead heavy attack that in reality should be hard to land and already rewards strong damage. It probably shouldn't have super long range and deal amazing stamina damage on top of it.

Nerfs to a forward dash. So warlord will have a little harder time being the aggressor. He's labeled a counter attacker anyway.

His full block stance is now on par with conqueror full block stance. Seems fair.

He can no longer cancel his tech into a gb... well... since no other character can do that and most warlords probably didn't even know that was a thing... it seems fine.

If anyone has the right to whine it seems like PC.

The only thing PC had going for her over Orochi was the GB triple stab massive damage. Seems that is getting toned down.

I agree. I have two buddies who played nothing but Warlord, and they said these changes aren't that big of a deal. The strongest part of his kit is that super-armor to trade blows IMO.

I main Warlord, and i'm glad they made this changes. That said, i believe they went to far with stamina drain on some points, but i can't give my opinion right now, i will know for sure after i test it on the open beta.

For now, i just can say i will enjoy using my Warlord, no more spamming noobs around will make me look even more awesome when i kick some asses.

well said. I'm sure these won't be the final changes, as if the stamina drain is too excessive UBI will make more changes.

feuerundblut
02-08-2017, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the link. I will have to run some checks on the peacekeeper bleeds. The stabs are already very stamina costly. If they lose 75% of their efficiency, better run a direct damage build and not bother stabbing anymore. I am a bit surprised Nobushi doesn't get nerfed in the same area though.

Athwaldeacer
02-08-2017, 06:23 PM
I mained Warlord in Closed Beta, and Warlord was pretty OP. I don't think the nerfs will be that big of a deal. The one I am concerned with is the Stamina drain. That said, it just means you get to wait between attacks and block a bit more. It is a counter-attacking class, so the stamina drain means you will be most likely on the defensive most fights, this plays to your class strengths - you want them to attack you as Warlord.

Hopefully the stamina drains are not too much, because I loved running around with bursts of aggression to throw off opponents to my play style. Open Beta will tell.

Altair_Snake
02-09-2017, 02:39 PM
I mained the Warlord on Close Beta. These changes seem fair, tbh.

MarioMCP
02-09-2017, 04:38 PM
Taking away Warlord's ability to cancel headbutt into guard break is by far the biggest nerf out of everything. It's very disappointing because it was probably his best 50-50.

I'm not sure how it will effect the warlord, we'll have to see. It was something I used quite often though, so I'll have to change my style of play.

DSD_Breaker
02-10-2017, 09:39 AM
I think the nerfs a just fine, still having fun with the Warlord.

Nevertheless I also have the feeling that some of his moves are slower now, which is not mentioned in the patchnotes. So some of his moves like the leap to headbutt combo are easier to dodge now. But maybe that's just a feeling.