PDA

View Full Version : First thing you gonna do ?

Alagathe
02-08-2017, 02:52 AM
Hi, i saw this game on twitch and it seemed really good :p

I didn't have access to the beta, so i didn't play at all so i m wondering guyz what will be the first thing you will do with the game ?
Like what will be your first buy as character, and when do you buy the prenium chest at 500? (at what lvl does it become optimal to buy)

Any tips from the guy who already played ? Ty

Resident-Patient
02-08-2017, 03:38 AM
If you haven't played yet, play a few duels against the AI and watch each characters tutorial video (for the characters you like). Once you've picked a character and learned his mechanics, jump into dominion against the AI or pvp duels to get to know the game more. You won't get much for customization at first, so don't worry about that until you've settled on a character and gained a few levels. Hold onto your steel early on. The salvage packs will benefit you more once you've gained some xp and reputation.

For real, watch the tutorial videos. The in game tutorial only covers the basics.

Eleanor-Ripley
02-08-2017, 06:28 AM
- Play the basic tutorial
- play the advanced tutorial
- play duels (1v1) to learn your class the best.

3 simple steps to learn your character well.

For me, im gonna start by creating and customizing my Viking emblem propperly!

SpoperioR
02-08-2017, 06:44 AM
I will unlock the Lawbringer.. learn the Lawbringer.. BE the Lawbringer

Egotistic_Ez
02-08-2017, 07:05 AM
If history has taught me anything it's that I'll be spending the first three hours making my emblem.

Avirex_Idyll
02-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Unlock and play as many classes as possible. If your still on the fence about the game then now is the time to try the classes and see how they differ from each other.

In the alpha I only focused on the Orochi whereas in the beta I played all the classes. I feel I got more out of the beta because it let me really try the extent of the classes and each playstyle. I was pleasantly surprised at some classes that I initially thought I wouldn't enjoy.

Kyral99
02-08-2017, 10:34 AM
If history has taught me anything it's that I'll be spending the first three hours making my emblem.

This so much!

bsftsfk
02-08-2017, 10:49 AM
To everyone who will play this game for the first time, and to those, who is being killed by any kind of button-mashers:

1. Choose one character to learn
2. Watch carefully in-game basic and advance video guides for the chosen character
3. Find a person who knows how to fight and spend at least couple of hours practicing with him.
... then go fight

Otherwise you may spend quite a lot of time learning inefficient tactics and writing posts here about "awfulness" of this game.

Dez_troi_aR
02-08-2017, 12:31 PM
During the beta did not put more then 5 minutes into customization because the progress would be lost anyway. I just checked the options so i could give feedback. On Frb 14th, i will create a good emblem first and then dueldueldueldueldueldueldueldueldueldueldueldueldu elduel.

If you have never played before, i wouldnt focus too hard on dominion at first. You can play some for fun, but per dominion match you will only occasionly have a "clean" 1vs1 where you can test your skills, try out stuff etc . Duel is a mutch better enviroment for improving.

(Dont skip the training. Play the advanced stuff three times. Kill 100 of the guardbreak and the parry bots :D )

feuerundblut
02-08-2017, 12:54 PM
Launch dominion and play a random hero. I will do that the first day cause I want to check what the other characters can do. Then I will try the new elimination mode with my main, the peacekeeper.

Warp_11
02-08-2017, 07:48 PM
Kensei(guy with a looong katana) will be the easiest and one of the strongest charackters in open Beta, you should definitely start with him.

Karma_Ghost
02-08-2017, 08:44 PM
Hi, i saw this game on twitch and it seemed really good :p

I didn't have access to the beta, so i didn't play at all so i m wondering guyz what will be the first thing you will do with the game ?
Like what will be your first buy as character, and when do you buy the prenium chest at 500? (at what lvl does it become optimal to buy)

Any tips from the guy who already played ? Ty

Champion status is okay. However, if you haven't played it yet, I would say spend steel on unlocking all heroes first. This will give you a better feel for the capabilities and limitations of each. I thought I would enjoy the longer range, high damage classes more, but in the end conqueror was the best fit for me. It's most likely going to be reset anyway so prestige items aren't really worth the effort.

There's no optimal level for scavenge gear per se. It won't give you anything you can't get in the end of match loot. It's just to get stuff faster. However, if you're just going to scrap everything, then saving your steel until you're getting purple gear (reputation 3/level 61+) will net the highest returns. I don't know if there are higher levels of gear, but if there are, then the highest level presumably gives the highest return.

Neviathan-
02-08-2017, 08:54 PM
Champion status is okay. However, if you haven't played it yet, I would say spend steel on unlocking all heroes first. This will give you a better feel for the capabilities and limitations of each. I thought I would enjoy the longer range, high damage classes more, but in the end conqueror was the best fit for me. It's most likely going to be reset anyway so prestige items aren't really worth the effort.

There's no optimal level for scavenge gear per se. It won't give you anything you can't get in the end of match loot. It's just to get stuff faster. However, if you're just going to scrap everything, then saving your steel until you're getting purple gear (reputation 3/level 61+) will net the highest returns. I don't know if there are higher levels of gear, but if there are, then the highest level presumably gives the highest return.

I havent played yet but watched some YT videos and apparently you can play classes without unlocking them. He said something about not being able to equip gear on classes that are locked but you can at least try them out before spending your steel.

EetDrinkBeBerry
02-08-2017, 09:10 PM

You don't need to spend the steel to unlock them to try them. Take any of them into advanced training mode.

Karma_Ghost
02-08-2017, 09:23 PM
You don't need to spend the steel to unlock them to try them. Take any of them into advanced training mode.

Training mode is fine,but it doesn't give you many options and perhaps more importantly, bots don't play like humans. Tactics that work against bots might not work against other players and vice versa.

Even some really stupid stuff can work against humans because we're more likely to react incorrectly. I've only hit level 2 bots a handful of times with the conqueror charged heavy (mostly because they're highly aggressive). But against human players, about half the time, I managed to land it if I didn't change the direction since most seemed to be anticipating a direction change and actually guarded away from the strike.

EetDrinkBeBerry
02-08-2017, 09:35 PM
Training mode is fine,but it doesn't give you many options and perhaps more importantly, bots don't play like humans. Tactics that work against bots might not work against other players and vice versa.

Even some really stupid stuff can work against humans because we're more likely to react incorrectly. I've only hit level 2 bots a handful of times with the conqueror charged heavy (mostly because they're highly aggressive). But against human players, about half the time, I managed to land it if I didn't change the direction since most seemed to be anticipating a direction change and actually guarded away from the strike.

If your just trying to get a feel for their kit, then playing vs bots is fine. No need to waste the steel if you dont like the toon.

PanzerShrekonin
02-08-2017, 09:54 PM
i will unlock the lawbringer.. Learn the lawbringer.. Be the lawbringer

i am the law!

Karma_Ghost
02-08-2017, 10:19 PM
If your just trying to get a feel for their kit, then playing vs bots is fine. No need to waste the steel if you dont like the toon.

Point was evaluation of the move set in a normal gameplay setting has more practical application. Example: Learning peacekeeper vs raider bot can be discouraging since it will either do nothing or run you over. The average player tends to play more defensively which makes lunge and guardbreak more valuable. Viable tactics and pacing are harder to get a feel for in training mode. That's to say training mode is better for learning what and how and normal games are better at learning why and when.

I wouldn't call it a waste. Spending steel to learn the game more thoroughly is arguably a better investment than spending on items and levels you're probably going to lose in few days anyway.

EetDrinkBeBerry
02-08-2017, 11:07 PM
Point was evaluation of the move set in a normal gameplay setting has more practical application. Example: Learning peacekeeper vs raider bot can be discouraging since it will either do nothing or run you over. The average player tends to play more defensively which makes lunge and guardbreak more valuable. Viable tactics and pacing are harder to get a feel for in training mode. That's to say training mode is better for learning what and how and normal games are better at learning why and when.

I wouldn't call it a waste. Spending steel to learn the game more thoroughly is arguably a better investment than spending on items and levels you're probably going to lose in few days anyway.

Your missing my point. You can pick any toon to take into advanced training, try him out and see if his move set even appeals to you before spending the time learning how to master him. Dont like the way he moves or swings a bit too slow for you, no problem don't spend the steel. I tried every toon minus the 3 locked before settling in on buying the conqueror and bring him to prestige 3. Didn't really like the others and there was visual appeal with the Conqueror.

I'm not even talking about playing bot battles, just take them into practice mode to see if you like them or not.

Alagathe
02-09-2017, 02:05 AM
Ok thx all for all the feedback, it's actually great that i can try the class without spending money on it :p
I don't know yet the char i m going to play :)