PDA

View Full Version : Can We Get Some Cross Faction Armour

HoIcon
02-08-2017, 02:06 AM
When I played the closed beta i joined the knight faction and mained the Warden for a good while but after i tried out the other classes i found i could be way more agile and deadly with the Orochi, so i started using him and had a lot of fun lopping off heads but i still supported the knights in the faction war and i never completed liked the Orochi's armour, so i thought maybe it'd be cool if he incorporated some metal plate into parts of his armour to show his allegiance had changed

If you were in the Knight faction, the viking and samurai classes could incorporate plate metal into their armour designs
If you were in the Samurai faction, a knight could lose some of his metal armour and/or replace some of it with wood, and a viking could add onto his leather/fur armour with wood
If you were in the viking faction, a knight could lose some more armour and/or replace/repair some of it with leather, fur and bone and a samurai could replace/repair some of his armour with leather, fur and bone

These variations could also increase/decrease the chosen class' defense and speed

Reinborn
02-08-2017, 02:16 AM
I really like this part.

...If you were in the Knight faction, the viking and samurai classes could incorporate plate metal into their armour designs
If you were in the Samurai faction, a knight could lose some of his metal armour and/or replace some of it with wood, and a viking could add onto his leather/fur armour with wood
If you were in the viking faction, a knight could lose some more armour and/or replace/repair some of it with leather, fur and bone and a samurai could replace/repair some of his armour with leather, fur and bone...

That could genuinely be a thing that I would really be happy for. But sadly, I don't think this will be anywhere on the "to-do" list for the game, definitely not any time soon.:nonchalance:

Grithios
02-08-2017, 01:48 PM
That could genuinely be a thing that I would really be happy for. But sadly, I don't think this will be anywhere on the "to-do" list for the game, definitely not any time soon.:nonchalance:

I agree, its an awesome idea and would also love it, but like Sahrot already said, i dont think they will do that...

Shqiptar_91
02-08-2017, 02:30 PM
No. Just no.

Whats the reason behind factions when u can play as anyone you want and now u even wanna look-a-like?

CamoFlash7
02-08-2017, 05:25 PM
No. Just no.

Whats the reason behind factions when u can play as anyone you want and now u even wanna look-a-like?

Dude, read the post again.

He's not talking about lookalikes...

He's saying slight tweaks to armour to show allegiance change.

CamoFlash7
02-08-2017, 05:28 PM
When I played the closed beta i joined the knight faction and mained the Warden for a good while but after i tried out the other classes i found i could be way more agile and deadly with the Orochi, so i started using him and had a lot of fun lopping off heads but i still supported the knights in the faction war and i never completed liked the Orochi's armour, so i thought maybe it'd be cool if he incorporated some metal plate into parts of his armour to show his allegiance had changed

If you were in the Knight faction, the viking and samurai classes could incorporate plate metal into their armour designs
If you were in the viking faction, a knight could lose some more armour and/or replace/repair some of it with leather, fur and bone and a samurai could replace/repair some of his armour with leather, fur and bone

These variations could also increase/decrease the chosen class' defense and speed

Amazing Idea! I totally agree with this! :D

OtsuWow
02-08-2017, 06:57 PM

This would be rediculess from a balancing perspective.
Hoy i play lawbringer, let me downgrade my orders secretly forged armor to wood and get mad speed.

No, just no...

Illyrian_King
02-08-2017, 08:34 PM

No please not, that would be a pain in my eyes to merge the factions even more after having all 12 Heroes for all the 3 factions playbale ;b

Haus_Gnom
02-08-2017, 08:39 PM
Yeah, I just hope this will never be a thing.

Jordan5680
02-08-2017, 09:40 PM
sounds cool. agreed.

Arekonator
02-08-2017, 10:25 PM
Why not? You can still play anyone you want, regardless on which faction are you supporting.
Having another layer of some visual customization options based on your selected faction would be pretty nice.

Warp_11
02-08-2017, 11:23 PM
Why would a knight change his high-tech metal plate armor, aka the best armor, for wooden chopping boards or leather suits which they already carry under the metal?

As for style perspective: Nah, the armor variations(which will probably multiply) are good enough.

Also, they don't have that much people working on the game, I'd rather see a 8vs8 or 4vs4vs4 mode than extra customization.

HoIcon
02-09-2017, 01:00 AM
I specifically said "Could" to the increase/decrease in defense and speed just in case it would cause some balancing issues, i'm more interested in slight armour design changes to show which faction you are affiliated with since any class can fight for any faction

Say you are a certain class that has left their faction because you didn't agree with their ways, you join a faction that is more suited towards you and of course you bring your armour and weapon from your previous faction because it's what you were raised to use and they have become a part of you but they can't be maintained the same way since your gear seems foreign to your new faction and the best they can do is patch it up with some of their own faction specific craftsmanship

CamoFlash7
02-26-2017, 03:44 PM
I specifically said "Could" to the increase/decrease in defense and speed just in case it would cause some balancing issues, i'm more interested in slight armour design changes to show which faction you are affiliated with since any class can fight for any faction

Say you are a certain class that has left their faction because you didn't agree with their ways, you join a faction that is more suited towards you and of course you bring your armour and weapon from your previous faction because it's what you were raised to use and they have become a part of you but they can't be maintained the same way since your gear seems foreign to your new faction and the best they can do is patch it up with some of their own faction specific craftsmanship

This idea is awesome, they should totally do this.

Gray360UK
02-26-2017, 05:19 PM
Absolutely not.
The whole idea of the game is fighting for your faction and the honour that gains you.
We don't want visuals in the game that reflect you being a disloyal scumbag :D
These armours are their identity.
Their pride.
I do not want to see a Viking wearing a metal cuirass or a Knight with a straw hat, thank you :D

CamoFlash7
02-26-2017, 05:29 PM
Absolutely not.
The whole idea of the game is fighting for your faction and the honour that gains you.
We don't want visuals in the game that reflect you being a disloyal scumbag :D
These armours are their identity.
Their pride.
I do not want to see a Viking wearing a metal cuirass or a Knight with a straw hat, thank you :D

'Disloyal', isn't that the whole point of a member of a faction joining another faction because of what they believe in? I mean the Campaign even dives into this idea a little bit too (no spoilers).

A Viking wearing a metal cuirass sounds awesome, or maybe even just metal shoulder pauldrons. A Knight wouldn't wear a straw hat, obviously, but maybe change parts of their armour to wooden samurai to become more lightweight (visually and cosmetically, not statistically), while still keeping 80-90% of their Knight Armour.

This is a great idea and would add a whole other level to warrior diversity and uniqueness on the battlefield. :D

It shouldn't change stats, and it should be purely for cosmetics, and also should be optional, so people who want to keep their full Knight armour, even though they are in the Samurai faction for example, they can do that, while the others may choose to partially represent their faction, but stay true to their roots. :cool:

If executed well enough, it would be an excellent addition to this game. :)

Gray360UK
02-26-2017, 05:37 PM
'Disloyal', isn't that the whole point of a member of a faction joining another faction because of what they believe in? I mean the Campaign even dives into this idea a little bit too (no spoilers).

A Viking wearing a metal cuirass sounds awesome, or maybe even just metal shoulder pauldrons. A Knight wouldn't wear a straw hat, obviously, but maybe change parts of their armour to wooden samurai to become more lightweight (visually and cosmetically, not statistically), while still keeping 80-90% of their Knight Armour.

This is a great idea and would add a whole other level to warrior diversity and uniqueness on the battlefield. :D

It shouldn't change stats, and it should be purely for cosmetics, and also should be optional, so people who want to keep their full Knight armour, even though they are in the Samurai faction for example, they can do that, while the others may choose to partially represent their faction, but stay true to their roots. :cool:

If executed well enough, it would be an excellent addition to this game. :)

I still have a bit of a problem with filthy heathen Vikings daring to wear the holy armour of the glorious Knight faction ....

BUT

If optional, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad. :D
On a customization level I totally agree that more would be a good thing.

CamoFlash7
02-26-2017, 05:44 PM
I still have a bit of a problem with filthy heathen Vikings daring to wear the holy armour of the glorious Knight faction ....

BUT

If optional, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad. :D
On a customization level I totally agree that more would be a good thing.

I see where you are coming from, and I am glad that you see where I'm/we're coming from too lol. :D

They should also make mood effects optional. :p