PDA

View Full Version : Buying the game, 60-90 bucks.

PanzerShrekonin
02-07-2017, 08:08 PM
So, after playing the closed beta, it was clear that the 60-90 bucks was kinda... steep.

There were alot of balance issues, esp regarding the Peacekeeper, Orochi and Nooboshi. Patterns were very visible during the game showing they were a bit too strong compared to the other classes.

Now, I dont know if they plan on balancing them, but as a conq main I was extremely concerned.

What does the 60 dollars cover? Just the 12 characters at release?

Is the extra 30 for season pass worth it?

Do you guys think the 60 dollars is worth the game with its current state?

I actually had alot of fun at the beta, despite the frustration of going against those 3 characters and how much better I have to be in order to fight the three most played characters. The conq is alot of fun, despite being kinda bad.

WOAH! Its 100 dollars for the season pass + Game.... Uh... wow.

ZuivrZilvr
02-07-2017, 08:18 PM
60 bucks isnt for playing the beta. It is for playing the version at release. For Honor is one of the most awesome games I have ever played, I find it easily worth more than that.

PanzerShrekonin
02-07-2017, 08:20 PM
60 bucks isnt for playing the beta. It is for playing the version at release. For Honor is one of the most awesome games I have ever played, I find it easily worth more than that.

Im aware. Thats why I said, is the 60 dollars worth only the 12 characters, if they dont plan on balancing the three characters I metioned?

At release, we only get 12 people, and those maps/game modes. Im not aware of anything else at release.

60 is steep imo, for the state of the game that looks like release.

kanuzira
02-07-2017, 08:20 PM
If you go to the ubisoft website you can trade in 100 points for 20% discount. so the normal/ deluxe(with already 10 taken of) would be 48 and the gold with already 10 discount would be at 72. i really want this game to work and bought the gold to support the creators

PanzerShrekonin
02-07-2017, 08:25 PM
If you go to the ubisoft website you can trade in 100 points for 20% discount. so the normal/ deluxe(with already 10 taken of) would be 48 and the gold with already 10 discount would be at 72. i really want this game to work and bought the gold to support the creators

If the points are what you say they are.... I have 190 of them. xD

Gemini-Iceland
02-07-2017, 08:29 PM
@Team_SkullGrunt, honestly man you can't possibly know if balance is off or not already, it will take weeks of everyone playing the game before we will hit a meta. Like I was owning those peacekeeper, orochi and nooboshi's in the end with my viking characters. Played only Vikings in the closed beta. The learning curve of heroes are different though, the ones you list are some that you can easily learn strong tactics that require the opponent to know whats up to counter it.

p.s. If you enjoyed the game but don't know if it will last a long time just buy the default game and figure out if you want the season pass later on.

PanzerShrekonin
02-07-2017, 08:34 PM
@Team_SkullGrunt, honestly man you can't possibly know if balance is off or not already, it will take weeks of everyone playing the game before we will hit a meta. Like I was owning those peacekeeper, orochi and nooboshi's in the end with my viking characters. Played only Vikings in the closed beta. The learning curve of heroes are different though, the ones you list are some that you can easily learn strong tactics that require the opponent to know whats up to counter it.

p.s. If you enjoyed the game but don't know if it will last a long time just buy the default game and figure out if you want the season pass later on.

Honestly, I really have to disagree. If you played the three game modes offered, can you hoenstly tell me that you didn't see an overabundance of the three I mentioned? That says something to me right there.

Patterns emerge quite quickly in games. Its not that hard to see who and what is stronger. Im not calling them overpowered, but they were the flavor of the month in the closed beta for me and that says something. Not to mention, the peacekeeper and nobushi were extremely frustrating to go against. The orochi mind you wasn't that bad actually. He's fast for sure, but It was a good run.

Peacekeeper just does a bit too much damage on her grab and bleed.

Nobushi is just obnoxious with my low range. xD

That being said, I do want to see if the man is right about the 10% discount with points. I do see shop discount on my ubisoft club, but I dont know what that means yet as Im still trying to load it up -.-

FREEDOM from
02-07-2017, 08:37 PM
I honestly don't think they were that unbalanced. Every class has its flaws and strengths. You just have to figure them out.

EetDrinkBeBerry
02-07-2017, 08:44 PM
I honestly don't think they were that unbalanced. Every class has its flaws and strengths. You just have to figure them out.

+1. Prestige 3 Conqueror main, rarely had problems with any specific class once you learn their kit.

PanzerShrekonin
02-07-2017, 08:48 PM
+1. Prestige 3 Conqueror main, rarely had problems with any specific class once you learn their kit.

P2 here myself.

The two classes, Nobushi and Peacekeeper gave me heaps of trouble.

I couldn't do much to the nobushi as she just kept me out of the range.

but why can no one explain the extreme imbalance of what was played in the closed beta? :/

SpoperioR
02-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Oh my god. Stop alreadyyyy... wah wah wahhhhh.. all I hear is crying.. theyre too good because I'm incapable of guardbreaking after they guardbreak.. that's literally all you have to do to kill a peacekeeper.. stand there.. wait for them to GB then break it and zone-attack them.. they are the easiest to kill.. they have the least health... just because you personally suck against a character doesnt make them OP... yes more people used them because it's extremely easy for a below-average player to GB then hit light-light-light against someone who just played for the first time.. give it more than an closed alpha closed beta and an open beta.. you're literally crying over 2 separate test runs.. and don't even get me started on how easy it is to kill a nobushi... let me tell you a secret.. back up 10 yards, sprint at them.. roll at them, they will attack while you roll.. and miss.. you will stand and wreck them.. rinse repeat.. learn some mechanics.. it's really not that hard to think outside the box

PanzerShrekonin
02-07-2017, 08:56 PM
If I can actually get the ubisoft club shop discount to ****ing work, I would get a 20% discount on the game...

damn you uplay servers. Why cant you be like steam and be reliable >:|

PanzerShrekonin
02-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Because on my side i killed 90% of the Orochi , PK and nobushi i went against. (1v1)

How?

How did you fight the noboushi considering we dont have a way to get close? Just extremely good with blocking his super fast speed?

How did you fight the PK? Just being absolutely better than him? You that good at GB?

From what you are telling me, you just need to be extroordanarily better than your opponent.

Shukr4n
02-07-2017, 09:08 PM
if it wasnt for p2p game was worth 60 and more...

now with this p2p i honestly wait.

anyway there are ways to purchase it with discount..kinguin for example..

SpoperioR
02-07-2017, 09:09 PM
sprint and roll at the nobushi, sprint and roll at the nobushi, sprint and roll at the nobushi.. SPRINT. AND. ROLL. AT. THE. NOBUSHI.

and learn how to spell... holy-ish

PanzerShrekonin
02-07-2017, 09:11 PM
Its called ... Learn and Adapt. Knowledge is a huge part of this game like Skill.

Rep 3 Warlord.

If you dont believe me ... http://i.imgur.com/QlmYozx.jpg ( its overall stats though )

Ok if you dont want to give real advice, fine.

Take care friend. We're done with this conversation.

Gemini-Iceland
02-07-2017, 09:15 PM
P2 here myself.

but why can no one explain the extreme imbalance of what was played in the closed beta? :/

I did, the learning curve is very different so people go with what feels right/easy to feel strong as in a short beta. I for example am leaning towards Warlord being the most OP hero in the game right now, but I don't dare to put a pin on it yet.

PanzerShrekonin
02-07-2017, 09:17 PM

Eh. I dont have too much of an issuew ith te p2p system. Only affects domination. I like brawl the most.

Gemini-Iceland
02-07-2017, 09:21 PM

Honestly can say I had no network problems, and from what I read their system makes it so the "host" has no advantage. p.s. the system isn't p2p in the traditional sense, its something they homebrew to make everyone see the same moves at the same time. Every millisecond counts in a melee game!

PanzerShrekonin
02-07-2017, 09:27 PM
I did, the learning curve is very different so people go with what feels right/easy to feel strong as in a short beta. I for example am leaning towards Warlord being the most OP hero in the game right now, but I don't dare to put a pin on it yet.

I actually do feel the warlord is very much a hidden gem. Very hard to kill it... then again as another shield player, shield vs shield is just hilarious xD

I do think I wanna learn how to play the lawbringer, depending on his executions... I would be a warden player but his executions are kinda... lackluster.

Reinborn
02-07-2017, 09:30 PM
I'll just go back to talk about the cost of the game.
Yes, we do start off with what you said, but the future content in form of a DLC is free and therefore is already summed in the cost of 60€/$. That being said, you can get away with buying just the very standard version of the game and still get all the future updates and bonus content for free. The difference with that and Season Pass owners is that they get the new content a week earlier, automatically receive their new heros without having to spend anything on them. Also there's the 30-day Champion Status, some emblems and exclusive little bonuses.

Speaking of Season Pass, this time it's put differently and does not grant us content otherwise inaccessible to others - rather exclusive rewards, Champion Status and early access to DLC. :rolleyes:

Now that you mentioned balancing issues. Some people say (and I believe it's been discussed a lot on these forums as well), that developers intentionally make a small percentage of the playable characters seemingly stronger than the others to keep the game living, keep it updated and discussed, to force players to try to come up with somewhat of a strategy againts those purposely mightier heros. Essentially it keeps the game from dying off too early and whether that's true or not, it's a fact that For Honor will be taken care of and kept updated in the next year or so, therefore we can expect a lot of changes throughout that entire time.
(On a side note; that's how, for example, League of Legends or other MOBA games still live on, if it all would've been perfectly balanced, more people would've lost interest and it would become boring meta-game with just 10% of all characters being played, but take this as just a little thought that I remember from somebody that said it here.)

From personal experience of playing mostly Conqueror during the closed beta (lvl 18 as I wanted to try out other heros as well ;)) I can definitely say that I have barely had any issues going up againts any class. If I lost a 1v1 playing as Warden and the guy stayed for another 1v1, whoever he was, I'd have chosen Conqueror - Nobushi, Peacekeeper, Orochi - Conqueror was my bread and butter againts all heros. And I believe it's due to the fact that you just play one hero so much that you adapt and learn how to play not only that hero but how to play againts others. Important factor in 1v1s is reading the opponents' moves and anticipate his next steps and bait him into doing what you want him to do.

I kinda let myself go on this post, whoah :D

tl;dr
Yes, I believe the game is worth 60€ and more. For Honor will be updated continuously and we are very likely to expect changes to heros often, my guess is that first patch might bring big changes already. You can get away with not buying Season Pass and still get all the content - heros, maps, gamemodes etc.

EetDrinkBeBerry
02-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Eh. I dont have too much of an issuew ith te p2p system. Only affects domination. I like brawl the most.

Conqueror is much more suited to domination game mode (one of his feats being 'conqueror' lol). Seriously, he is good at holding points. Warlord is a boss 1v1. Can close the gap very quickly and has a kit built around counter attacking.

Gemini-Iceland
02-07-2017, 09:36 PM
@SahrotRein - Thanks for that, I actually learned quite a bit from your message!

PanzerShrekonin
02-07-2017, 09:44 PM
I'll just go back to talk about the cost of the game.
Yes, we do start off with what you said, but the future content in form of a DLC is free and therefore is already summed in the cost of 60/$. That being said, you can get away with buying just the very standard version of the game and still get all the future updates and bonus content for free. The difference with that and Season Pass owners is that they get the new content a week earlier, automatically receive their new heros without having to spend anything on them. Also there's the 30-day Champion Status, some emblems and exclusive little bonuses.

Speaking of Season Pass, this time it's put differently and does not grant us content otherwise inaccessible to others - rather exclusive rewards, Champion Status and early access to DLC. :rolleyes:

Now that you mentioned balancing issues. Some people say (and I believe it's been discussed a lot on these forums as well), that developers intentionally make a small percentage of the playable characters seemingly stronger than the others to keep the game living, keep it updated and discussed, to force players to try to come up with somewhat of a strategy againts those purposely mightier heros. Essentially it keeps the game from dying off too early and whether that's true or not, it's a fact that For Honor will be taken care of and kept updated in the next year or so, therefore we can expect a lot of changes throughout that entire time.
(On a side note; that's how, for example, League of Legends or other MOBA games still live on, if it all would've been perfectly balanced, more people would've lost interest and it would become boring meta-game with just 10% of all characters being played, but take this as just a little thought that I remember from somebody that said it here.)

From personal experience of playing mostly Conqueror during the closed beta (lvl 18 as I wanted to try out other heros as well ;)) I can definitely say that I have barely had any issues going up againts any class. If I lost a 1v1 playing as Warden and the guy stayed for another 1v1, whoever he was, I'd have chosen Conqueror - Nobushi, Peacekeeper, Orochi - Conqueror was my bread and butter againts all heros. And I believe it's due to the fact that you just play one hero so much that you adapt and learn how to play not only that hero but how to play againts others. Important factor in 1v1s is reading the opponents' moves and anticipate his next steps and bait him into doing what you want him to do.

I kinda let myself go on this post, whoah :D

tl;dr
Yes, I believe the game is worth 60 and more. For Honor will be updated continuously and we are very likely to expect changes to heros often, my guess is that first patch might bring big changes already. You can get away with not buying Season Pass and still get all the content - heros, maps, gamemodes etc.

Well after someone telling me with ubisoft points, I can get discounts, I think I actually will get the gold game. I Did have alot of fun in the beta, but was concerned over multiple points.

I found that playing conq was extremely difficult to fight certain characters and to beat them, you gotta be really really good... which is painful because everyone is playing easy classes

PanzerShrekonin
02-07-2017, 09:53 PM
Conqueror is much more suited to domination game mode (one of his feats being 'conqueror' lol). Seriously, he is good at holding points. Warlord is a boss 1v1. Can close the gap very quickly and has a kit built around counter attacking.

Im aware but I just find him... fun.

Like come in. Its a giant steel ball on a chain! its a flail! Thats awesome!

XxHunterHxX
02-07-2017, 10:36 PM
Got the gold edition i just hope it will be a good thing.....

PanzerShrekonin
02-08-2017, 12:20 AM
Ended up actually getting the game. You cannot use the coupon on this game btw... so I paid 100 for it.

Hopefully they continue to balance the game

From what I hear, Peacekeeper got nerfed. Her grab attack doesn't do the obnoxious damage it used to do.

D_cover
02-08-2017, 12:23 AM
Many, many games go through buffs and nerfs. Call of Duty and Overwatch have updates often.

PanzerShrekonin
02-08-2017, 12:28 AM
Many, many games go through buffs and nerfs. Call of Duty and Overwatch have updates often.

Yea but both of those games are cancer. I hate CoD and Overwatch just is cancerous to play.

Reinborn
02-08-2017, 12:39 AM
Yea but both of those games are cancer. I hate CoD and Overwatch just is cancerous to play.

I'm afraid the same thing might very well happen to For Honor. MOBA type of games and even repetitive multiplayers tend to attract the simplest of the simple who just bring negative behavior, And I've seen it for myself during the beta, so many mad people who will call you names simply for winning a duel and teabag you for losing a duel. I've never seen this in any of Ubisoft's games and I've played quite a few (except The Division :rolleyes:)

PanzerShrekonin
02-08-2017, 12:44 AM
I'm afraid the same thing might very well happen to For Honor. MOBA type of games and even repetitive multiplayers tend to attract the simplest of the simple who just bring negative behavior, And I've seen it for myself during the beta, so many mad people who will call you names simply for winning a duel and teabag you for losing a duel. I've never seen this in any of Ubisoft's games and I've played quite a few (except The Division :rolleyes:)

Eh. Im partially to blame as well. I do some negative behavior whenever im fighting someone really scummy... or one of those 3 most played characters.

I would do the awesome conq 'teabag' which is more of air humping.

Im not normally cancerous, as I do play rainbow six siege a bunch, but for honor does get my blood boiling with some of the stuff people do... then again rainbow has its moments but I cant really t-bag there :P

but yea. For honor does get my blood boiling as people can be really scumbaggy.

teksuo1
02-08-2017, 01:43 AM
went with the gold edition @120CA$

a few years back all AAA titles were 59.99 CA$... whatever happened, we ****ed up.

sucks to be canadian when you don't need healthcare...

and this game is made in Montreal, literally next door. fml.

Reinborn
02-08-2017, 01:55 AM
Eh. Im partially to blame as well. I do some negative behavior whenever im fighting someone really scummy... or one of those 3 most played characters.

I would do the awesome conq 'teabag' which is more of air humping.

Im not normally cancerous, as I do play rainbow six siege a bunch, but for honor does get my blood boiling with some of the stuff people do... then again rainbow has its moments but I cant really t-bag there :P

but yea. For honor does get my blood boiling as people can be really scumbaggy.

Kinda same here, tho. I haven't been in such a state of boiling rage in years at any game. For Honor really brings the inner devil in us, lol, I just really don't ventilate my rage-like moments on others.

went with the gold edition @120CA$

a few years back all AAA titles were 59.99 CA$... whatever happened, we ****ed up.

sucks to be canadian when you don't need healthcare...

and this game is made in Montreal, literally next door. fml.

I also got the Gold edition immediately. Gold editions here in our country usually cost $85 - $92 so roughly the same. But no regrets, can't wait for this game.

PanzerShrekonin
02-08-2017, 01:58 AM
Kinda same here, tho. I haven't been in such a state of boiling rage in years at any game. For Honor really brings the inner devil in us, lol, I just really don't ventilate my rage-like moments on others.

I also got the Gold edition immediately. Gold editions here in our country usually cost $85 - $92 so roughly the same. But no regrets, can't wait for this game.

Im actually quite happy with buying the gold edition today. After hearing the balance changes they are doing, I happy enough to come and play this game more.

DBLxxShotz
02-08-2017, 02:43 AM
P2 here myself.

Orochi was always popular and Nobushi and PK were new and people wanted to use them. I faced a ton of Warlords.

PanzerShrekonin
02-08-2017, 02:51 AM
Orochi was always popular and Nobushi and PK were new and people wanted to use them. I faced a ton of Warlords.

Question is. Why is the Orochi popular? Something doesn't add up.

nirubu
02-08-2017, 03:02 AM
op you sound like a *****, just quit crying