PDA

View Full Version : Gold Edition Questions

itsPlanB
02-07-2017, 05:08 PM
http://demandware.edgesuite.net/abbs_prd/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-masterCatalog/en_US/dwffa982a7/images/content/FH/FH_CONTENT_GOLD_US.png

I purchased the Gold Edition thinking that I would need that to get the maps and the new characters that are going to be released into the game. Based on what I've read, which could be inaccurate, I won't need the season pass for those.

So my question is what exactly does the Season Pass provide to players then?

3 Unique Helmets
1 Week Early Access
Sunbeam Execution Effect
Deluxe Edition Emblem
7 Day Championship Status
30 Day Championship Status
3 Scavenger Crates

This looks like the list above and it's a bit strange to read. So basically the season pass gets you nothing more than cosmetic upgrades? It seems a bit misleading to me if that's the only thing that is there, as the word "Season Pass" conjures up more than just cosmetic changes. So all that being said, did I pay 40 more dollars for a few bits and pieces of gowns and glows that seems to be just a money grab.

FREEDOM from
02-07-2017, 06:02 PM
It gets you the new characters 7 days early and for free. While everyone else will get them 7 days later and for a lot of in-game steel.

Everyone will still get everything, but the Gold you get them a week earlier and for free.

itsPlanB
02-07-2017, 06:11 PM
Okay so now I see where the cost comes in.

You also get all the characters unlocked from the beginning and don't have to spend steel on them. Saving you 4500 steel if you want to unlock every character - not to mention the 6 dlc characters coming.

SF_JHawk373
02-07-2017, 07:00 PM
So basically its for us try hard nubs who want to look cool lol

itsPlanB
02-07-2017, 11:15 PM
Yeah that kind of sucks for me as I didn't realize that. Oh well. I guess I'll look cool getting my butt handed to me. I am excited to play the game though. I just started the Beta Download.

So basically its for us try hard nubs who want to look cool lol

Karma_Ghost
02-08-2017, 02:22 AM
Yeah that kind of sucks for me as I didn't realize that. Oh well. I guess I'll look cool getting my butt handed to me. I am excited to play the game though. I just started the Beta Download.

That's the spirit.

You probably won't regret it later when dlc heroes come along. If it follows the Rainbow 6 model, you'll be saving yourself 12-25 hours of grinding each. With all the steel you'll be saving, you can afford more gear upgrades too.

SF_JHawk373
02-08-2017, 02:27 AM
Yeah I played R6S alot and sometimes regretted not having the season pass. I had some extra money on my EB games card so I decided to treat myself lol.

eliteslayer66
02-08-2017, 03:44 AM
You also get all the characters unlocked from the beginning and don't have to spend steel on them. Saving you 4500 steel if you want to unlock every character - not to mention the 6 dlc characters coming.
source?

I've heard this before but i get the feeling that its an rumor/assumption.

Psyperactive81
02-08-2017, 01:17 PM
So all that being said, did I pay 40 more dollars for a few bits and pieces of gowns and glows that seems to be just a money grab.

Lol, in my Region, the difference between the Deluxe and the Gold editions is 7 USD.
Total price for Gold Edition is 66 USD.
Not Bad

VillNess
02-08-2017, 01:36 PM
If I buy physical Normal Edition and digital Season Pass, what will I lose? Does Gold Edition have something I can't get no matter what if I buy normal edition?

Alusi_UK
02-08-2017, 01:58 PM
I have pre-orderd gold and think its well worth it. My own game time is limted so not having to grind out that extra steel is really good for me! :D

Having the new heroes 1 week early wont make much difference for me but is a nice touch also. :cool:

More importantly I think its vital not to pay gate any content that breaths extra life into the game in the long term. With FH this means that after the steel grind all players will have access to the same content keeping the general player base strong. In other games I have played, the DLC maps are pay gated and this has a bad effect of getting enough players to join those games.

Really looking fwd to open beta and next weeks launch!

ausknipsr
02-08-2017, 02:10 PM
if it is in any way similar to the rainbow six season pass, and i bet it will be, then you will need a ****load of steel to unlock the dlc-charakters. while i surely will play the game over a long period of time, i dont want to save up my entire currency just to being able to unlock them. so if you have a lot of free time, you probably wont need the season pass.

Psyperactive81
02-08-2017, 04:17 PM
If I buy physical Normal Edition and digital Season Pass, what will I lose? Does Gold Edition have something I can't get no matter what if I buy normal edition?

I think the physical Gold Edition comes with the Soundtrack CD

itsPlanB
02-14-2017, 04:27 PM
I had to unlock the characters from the beginning so this isn't part of the Gold Package.